CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

I would venture to suggest that as we seem to think we are still well short of quality we are playing a very strange open form of football with too many attacking players and no midfield.

If we are in such dire need why are we not thinking very hard about team selection and tactics which enable us to be tighter as a team! My concern at the moment is management/coaching decisions which are wide of the mark.... We are not employing a possession strategy with wide open spaces and no cover for the full backs?

This is a much higher priority than new players; though yes some are not good enough...

Is this based on the two league games that we have played so far or were you saying this last year?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jannik Vestergaard is more or less the same kind of player as Van Dijk. I am not quite sure he's there yet, but he definitely has to potential to become a great player in Premier League as well. I actually cant think of any part of the game where they are not similar, but then again I would probably call it a 5 percent difference on all parameters in the favour of Van Dijk.

Have to say I don't know if its the league but there isn't a CB in our league that advances at the speed and distance that virgil does, he just out ran a forward with the ball from centre for 40yrds.

could have done with him against lukaku instead of cedric.

Hopefully them going therough doesn't make a difference but it could put the price up maybe.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have been made aware that they'll keep him if they go through, which could have triggered our (alleged) higher interest in Kalidou Koulibaly.

If VvD is as good as many seem to believe, there will be bigger budget teams after him than us, and I think Celtic know it.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have been made aware that they'll keep him if they go through, which could have triggered our (alleged) higher interest in Kalidou Koulibaly.

If VvD is as good as many seem to believe, there will be bigger budget teams after him than us, and I think Celtic know it.

Or we've been told that we can have him once qualification to the group stages is confirmed, I do wonder if a 4-0 or 5-0 win for Celtic tonight might actually help our cause....they may be happy to let him go knowing that qualification is pretty much in the bag.

Or maybe not, who knows?!

Or we've been told that we can have him once qualification to the group stages is confirmed, I do wonder if a 4-0 or 5-0 win for Celtic tonight might actually help our cause....they may be happy to let him go knowing that qualification is pretty much in the bag.

Or maybe not, who knows?!

When I see the money being discussed for Stones, look at the central defenders at the PL's big clubs, and reflect on how much we're (supposedly) willing to pay, I'm amazed we're even in with a chance.

I'd love to see him come to us, but against that backdrop Celtic would have to be nuts to sell him to us IMO.

But, as you said, who knows? :)

When you can win pretty much every week and play in an atmosphere like Celtic Park in Europe, why would anyone want to move to a mid-table club.

(yes, yes, I know, money)

To challenge yourself against the best players and teams every week as well as more exposure leading to international call ups. And yes, money.