CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

what time in the league cup draw and is it on telly?

10pm I believe. Not sure if being broadcast live.

edit: Sky are showing one of the Round 2 games live tonight so assume it'll be live on there after the game.

Edited by trousers

We don't need Celtic to lose. He's leaving whatever. I'd like them to win, personally.

Supposedly, we have two fees agreed for him - depending on whether they qualify for the group stages. Would make sense if the fee is higher if they qualify.

Watching Van Dijk for the second goal......statue springs to mind.

He isn't going to be the answer to all our woes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, we shouldn't bother with him for this one game alone. We should buy all our players based on a single game.

Watching Van Dijk for the second goal......statue springs to mind.

He isn't going to be the answer to all our woes.

If the manager decides your team are zonal marking, the players are going to be static holding positions. The attacking players have a big advantage as they can more easily attack the ball.

If van Dijk plays for Koeman he'd be man to man marking at corners and would have a far better chance of winning the ball. Zonal marking is a daft idea by managers and it makes things extremely difficult for their own players.

Yep, we shouldn't bother with him for this one game alone. We should buy all our players based on a single game.

Don't know what everyone is getting excited about. Seen him a fair bit. He's good and will develop, but he's not a world beater yet and won't be the almighty saviour anymore than Cedric,Romeu or Juanmi are.