CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

Celtic Gaffer said nothing changed re VVD and doesn't want to think about that now but Chris Sutton saying he thinks its a done deal for VVD to leave. Hartson agreeing.

Sutton would fit in well on this forum tbh.

A Bedwetting imbecile who knows nothing about football, yes?

A Bedwetting imbecile who knows nothing about football, yes?

Yes. Had a #meltdown about Celtic live on BT Sport wondering how Burnley can massively outspend Celtic and then retreating when the presenter mentioned Malmo's minimal spend.

Also started calling the Official behind the goal an idiot...over and over again.

So will people be happy if VVD is our only remaining transfer business this window? I'm 50/50 tbh, our transfers look quality on paper but we're looking complete turd on the pitch. I think we're gonna be relying a lot on Clasie producing the goods this season. Couldn't complain about our squad depth but the quality is questionable.

Have to say he was partially to blame for 2 very poor goals tonight. Would prefer Caulker over him based on that performance.

Neither would be better, IMO. Don't think he'll calm down Jose's nerves. Nevermind! Still worth giving him a chance, likewise Clasie, but I think we'll still majorly flappy. Shame for Stekelenburg :(

These are all recent purchases who arrived without the expectations that seem to be pitched at Van Dijk. Yes it does happen when a team is being built. It depends if you're building from the bottom up again or from a strong position already attained. The quality or readiness has to be higher if it's the latter.

Basel would be very pleasant too.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Prepare your credit card for a monumental battering if you head for Basel. Nice place, but hideously expensive. An average meal for two will set you back around a ton, and just a small beer can be 7 or 8 quid.

It's funny that a typing error makes you an imbecile, I think your comment says more about you than it does me! Turkish seems like he knows some stuff about football but chooses to wind people up and be a nause rather than contribute and your comments are why so many people don't post much. Typing errors seem more important than interesting comments and genuine views.

I have been on this site for years, don't often comment for the reasons suggested above!

A few sub par performances and suddenly our season depends on signing Van Dijk. Fickle Saints fans I think, I think an attacking minded CM would have been much more important, someone who can score goals from the middle of the park. As it is, Wanyama/Davis/JWP/Reed/Claisie are all unlikely to offer that.

The first comment BTL in that article -

Based on this comment and his performances over the two legs looks against Malmo it looks like he's got a bit of stepping up to do to, but of course, if anyone can get the best out of players, particularly defenders, then RK can.

I don't see Clasie going in to DM ahead of Romeu (based on what we've seen so far) so presumably he will have to convert to the number 10 role, or play wide? Where does Juanmi fit in, who's looked OK when he has played? I can't see us signing any more players and if we go out of Europa on Thu (50-50 in my book) I could even see us selling one forward.

The first comment BTL in that article -

Based on this comment and his performances over the two legs looks against Malmo it looks like he's got a bit of stepping up to do to, but of course, if anyone can get the best out of players, particularly defenders, then RK can.

I don't see Clasie going in to DM ahead of Romeu (based on what we've seen so far) so presumably he will have to convert to the number 10 role, or play wide? Where does Juanmi fit in, who's looked OK when he has played? I can't see us signing any more players and if we go out of Europa on Thu (50-50 in my book) I could even see us selling one forward.

Why not go off all the comments on the Celtic forum linked above, rather than one comment on The Mail website?

As a springboard for attack he's good but as a defender he's not impressed me.

Didn't handle the Malmo attack atall well and he'd be facing that level and higher every week in the prem.

On the plus side he's young and does look to have raw talent but he's going to need some working on by the coaches no doubt.

I'd like to see him sign based on his potential but any fans that think he's the instant answer need to reign in their expectations.

As a springboard for attack he's good but as a defender he's not impressed me.

Didn't handle the Malmo attack atall well and he'd be facing that level and higher every week in the prem.

On the plus side he's young and does look to have raw talent but he's going to need some working on by the coaches no doubt.

I'd like to see him sign based on his potential but any fans that think he's the instant answer need to reign in their expectations.

I think that is a good summing up of the player. I have a 'Jock' pal who watches a lot of Scottish football and he is of the opinion that we are signing a lad with potential but is very far from the finished product. Seems he switches off during games.

A few sub par performances and suddenly our season depends on signing Van Dijk. Fickle Saints fans I think, I think an attacking minded CM would have been much more important, someone who can score goals from the middle of the park. As it is, Wanyama/Davis/JWP/Reed/Claisie are all unlikely to offer that.

Agree with this. AMC desperately needed.

I don't get all the negativety based on one game.

Perhaps Ron isn't thinking, 'boy, watching him play he's a world beater, i'll buy him.' Perhaps he's thinking, 'There are some positiveve that I can work with to make him a world beater'.

Ron seems to get these players in, that all the big clubs aren't interested in, and turns them into somehtign a little special. Perhaps that's the secret ingredient.

He hasn't doen us wrong yet.

So many people mention that he switches off during the game, have any of you guys actually sat through a Scottish match yourself without dozing off?

Exactly the same was said to me about S Davis by a Rangers friend and fan when we signed him. Whatever his faults now, I wouldn't include switching off.

Pelle is the master of that :-)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk