Wanyama

Reed

Davis

Tadic

Mane

Pelle

Subs:

Gazza, Martina, Caulker, JWP, Jay Rod, Juanmi, Long

I'd agree with this. Only need to change if anyones feeling especially tired from Europa. Not worried about Erwin being in charge either as i'm sure he's well up to speed with everything and would have a direct line to Ronald if needed anyway.

Think Caulker might start.

Worried about the midfield without Clasie to be honest. Reed won't start as he hasn't yet, so it'll be Davis and JWP with Wanyama again you'd imagine. Dodgy ground as any injury to Wanyama and we're screwed.

Not sure Tadic entirely deserves to keep his place but seems in favour. Juanmi or Rodriguez will take over pretty soon though I'm sure.

------------Stek----------

Cedric Fonte Caulker Targett

------Davis Wanyama-------

JWP------Mane-------Tadic

-----------Pelle------------

Why would he start Caulker ahead of Yoshida? Surely Ronald won't rate him as better. At least, I hope not.

Think Caulker might start.

Worried about the midfield without Clasie to be honest. Reed won't start as he hasn't yet, so it'll be Davis and JWP with Wanyama again you'd imagine. Dodgy ground as any injury to Wanyama and we're screwed.

Not sure Tadic entirely deserves to keep his place but seems in favour. Juanmi or Rodriguez will take over pretty soon though I'm sure.

Cedric Fonte Caulker Targett

JWP------Mane-------Tadic

Cannot see Ward-Prowse starting and certainly not in that set-up.......surely Juanmi or Long. Our defensive midfield is looking vulnerable with too much being asked of Vic.

Would like Slong to start. Watching last night made me realise how useless "flair" players (tadic/jwp)are when they're not on song. At least with Long you know you'll get a certain amount of value.

So don't bother with creative flair players anymore and replace them with workhorses? Damn, somebody should've tried that before...

Don't know what to predict from an NUFC point of view as we haven't got a clue of the line up. Could be any two from four centre halves, two full backs are sorted but only Colback, Sissoko and Wijnaldum seem certainties to start. I expect your lot to be a bit sharper having already had competitive games and I wouldn't be too miffed with a draw.

Don't know what to predict from an NUFC point of view as we haven't got a clue of the line up. Could be any two from four centre halves, two full backs are sorted but only Colback, Sissoko and Wijnaldum seem certainties to start. I expect your lot to be a bit sharper having already had competitive games and I wouldn't be too miffed with a draw.

Team I saw was:

Krul

Janmaat, Taylor, Williamson, Haidara

Colback, Anita

Obertan, Wijnaldum, Sissoko

Cisse

Team I saw was:

Krul

Janmaat, Taylor, Williamson, Haidara

Colback, Anita

Obertan, Wijnaldum, Sissoko

Cisse

I hope not, Betfair have you at 2.76 and if that is our line up I'm straight on them odds. My line up would be

Krul

janmaat Mbemba Coloccini Haidara

Wijnaldum Colback

Sissoko De Jong Aarons

Mitrovic.

I hope not, Betfair have you at 2.76 and if that is our line up I'm straight on them odds. My line up would be

Krul

janmaat Mbemba Coloccini Haidara

Wijnaldum Colback

Sissoko De Jong Aarons

Mitrovic.

Half of those players aren't fully fit apparently. Coloccini not played any of pre season.

Half of those players aren't fully fit apparently. Coloccini not played any of pre season.

Not played any friendlies but there are behind closed doors games aswell. Mitrovic and Mbemba should have started training even earlier as the Belgian league has already started and instead of Williamson, yes I'd take the risk. There's Perez aswell should De Jong or Aarons be unavailable before Obertan.

Cedric Fonte Yoshia Targett

Long------Mane-------Tadic

Too attacking, could maybe have got away with it when we had Morgan, but not with Davis alongside Vic.

Would play Reed or Clasie if fit alongside Vic with Davis just in front.

Still doesn't quite look as a good a lineup as we had last year but hopefully a top CB and another CM will help.

Cedric Fonte Yoshia Targett

Long------Mane-------Tadic

Still doesn't quite look as a good a lineup as we had last year but hopefully a top CB and another CM will help.
Agreed. Been very happy with the transfers we have gotten in this summer so far. However, I think with a top CB and another CM, we will have a stronger squad overall than we did last year.

Especially up front.. we have the likes of Juanmi and Rodriguez at our disposal now, where as last year it was Djuricic and Elia (for only half a year)

Shek is looking like a really good pick-up, although I think we really will know more after about 10 games into the PL season. He hasn't been challenged all that much so far. It will be interesting if he starts the first half of the season really well and what happens when/if Forster comes back.

Cedric, by all accounts, is not going to be a drop off from Clyne. At least this is the general train of thought so far.

Clasie worries me a bit, as he is going to be compared to Morgan all season, which is really not fair. They are different types of midfielders. I think it is going to take time with him, but I do think he is a class player.

In Caulker we have built quality depth at CB to cover for Gardos injury. I think most feel Caulker is an upgrade to Gardos. If he can redevelop his early career form that would be awesome.

So, really just needing the Toby replacement and a bit more physical presence in the MF.

I know a lot of people think we need a proper winger to add width, but I think once we have Soares and Bertrand on the pitch at the same time that will take care of itself. Unfortunately, other than those two, we don't have any other fullback that can effectively bomb down the wings, so injuries/suspensions there will hurt us offensively down the line there.

Too soon for Clasie, Long, Jay Rod, Caulker, and Juanmi to start, so has to be JWP in for Clasie otherwise same as at home to Vitesse.

I think those two EL games have been a great pre season warm up for the team, hopefully hit the ground running.

Clean sheets, goals and confidence worth a point at least.

Why would he start Caulker ahead of Yoshida? Surely Ronald won't rate him as better. At least' date=' I hope not.[/quote']

I would assume because he already knows what Yoshida can do and doesn't want to hand Newcastle the kind of chances we think they're going to hand us... Caulker has seemed a little lead-booted but it takes time and he won't even be at our levels yet, but Yoshida is an accident waiting to happen... again.

I would assume because he already knows what Yoshida can do and doesn't want to hand Newcastle the kind of chances we think they're going to hand us... Caulker has seemed a little lead-booted but it takes time and he won't even be at our levels yet, but Yoshida is an accident waiting to happen... again.

You make it sound as if there are any PL defenders that don't make mistakes.

The question isn't if, it's when, and how often.

Too soon for Clasie, Long, Jay Rod, Caulker, and Juanmi to start, so has to be JWP in for Clasie otherwise same as at home to Vitesse.

I think those two EL games have been a great pre season warm up for the team, hopefully hit the ground running.

Clean sheets, goals and confidence worth a point at least.

Except Tadic who is a passenger....

Except Tadic who is a passenger....

I think that's a tad unfair. I found myself jumping on the Tadic 'water of space'

bandwagon on Thursday. However he puts a defensive shift in and moves around the park. Above all else he is Premier League fit physically and mentally.

I think the team is obvious.

Steks

Cedric Fonte Yoshida Target

Tadic Wanyama Davis JWP

Mane Pelle

Bench

Gazza Caulker Reed JRod Juanmi Long Martina

I guess the only debate will be whether Juanmi starts instead of JWP but I doubt it as he is even easier to knock off the ball.

Not the strongest team it has to be said. I'll be happy with a point.

I think that's a tad unfair. I found myself jumping on the Tadic 'water of space'

bandwagon on Thursday. However he puts a defensive shift in and moves around the park. Above all else he is Premier League fit physically and mentally.

I think the team is obvious.

Steks

Cedric Fonte Yoshida Target

Tadic Wanyama Davis JWP

Mane Pelle

Bench

Gazza Caulker Reed JRod Juanmi Long Martina

I guess the only debate will be whether Juanmi starts instead of JWP but I doubt it as he is even easier to knock off the ball.

Not the strongest team it has to be said. I'll be happy with a point.

I saw what you did there - very good - a 'tad' !!!

North Sunderland 0 Saints 3

Cédric, Mané & Pellè to score as they have all have an 'e' with a squiggle above it in their name.

3 goals. 3 points. Top of the league. Bring it on.

Seriously - can't see anything other than an easy win tomorrow.

They'll be fired up but I think this is a winnable game. Don't know anything about their new signings, but Mane will cut through their defence quite easily imo. My main worry is who will start alongside Fonte, don't think Caulker is good enough.

They'll be fired up but I think this is a winnable game. Don't know anything about their new signings, but Mane will cut through their defence quite easily imo. My main worry is who will start alongside Fonte, don't think Caulker is good enough.

Well, Caulker has more than twice the PL experience of Yoshi and I'd be happy with either of them starting but would spring for Yoshi as he understands Fonte better.

Newcastle 0 - 7 Southampton. 500-1 odds at the moment. Fancy a cheeky tenner?

Don't do it. You'll top yourself when the 8th goes in.

A few years back home to Swindon. A mate had a decent bet on 4-0 to Saints. Probably the most gutted person in the ground when it went 5-0. Ended 5-1 but by then their late pen didn't matter....