Newcastle 2 Saints 2

Lighthouse

Man of the Match  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match

Don't do it. You'll top yourself when the 8th goes in.

A few years back home to Swindon. A mate had a decent bet on 4-0 to Saints. Probably the most gutted person in the ground when it went 5-0. Ended 5-1 but by then their late pen didn't matter....

He will top you when it is 0-7 too Saints :)

They'll be fired up but I think this is a winnable game. Don't know anything about their new signings, but Mane will cut through their defence quite easily imo. My main worry is who will start alongside Fonte, don't think Caulker is good enough.

They have made some good signings. The guy from PSV is a very good attacking midfielder, and they are planning to play the excellent Sissoko further upfield, so it is likely to be a tough day for our defence and midfield. Newcastle are however pretty weak at the back, so it could be a high scoring game. I really have no idea how this will go, but I am hoping that our two competitive games will give us the edge in preparation.

I think Newcastle will be much better than expected, under McLaren, and with some good signings. I have us down to lose 2-1

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They've had some decent signings but none of them are defenders and that's where they needed to strengthen. Hopefully Williamson will be playing as he's particularly shi*e!

Don't do it. You'll top yourself when the 8th goes in.

A few years back home to Swindon. A mate had a decent bet on 4-0 to Saints. Probably the most gutted person in the ground when it went 5-0. Ended 5-1 but by then their late pen didn't matter....

I remember that game. I was in the west stand and nearly took a beating when Swindon scored their goal as I jumped in the air and cheered. I had to explain I had put a bet on for us to win 5-1 :)

I'd be unhappy with a draw. Saints are the better team and although that's no guarantee of the result, I think they are better prepared than Newcastle and will have more confidence. Our strike power looks good so its really a question of whether the defence can hold out. Ryan Bertrand being out is a loss but if Matt Targett plays we should be OK on the left. Yoshi will probably be ahead of Caulker for the second CB place but I don't agree that Caulker isn't quality, after all, he was good enough to get an England cap and is more experienced now than he was then, and is still only 23.

I like the line-up - for this game, at least. What else should we do but target their weakness full-on if we have the players to do it?

It needn't make us that vulnerable because I would imagine that the full backs, especially Targett, will have more of a "stay at home" brief.

Slightly worried about Davis in there on his own. We played with 3 CM's last season, and we've lost our best one and lost one for an attacking player. This could end up 5-4.

Big job for Davis today, he's more than capable.

I thought we played 4-2-3-1 most of the time