Newcastle 2 Saints 2

Lighthouse

Man of the Match  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match

I never want to see Matt Targett in a Saints shirt again.
co e on Crabbyhe is just a lad and is from the Acadamy. The club has a policy of selling our best players and so each season we have to put up with young players making mistakes. We have not spent all the money we took in last season let alone this summer.

Targett has been thrown in the deep end and is trying his best. The club are hoping that the Acadamy can provide the quality to fill in the gaps. It is ironic that we played our first game in Arnhem, A bridge too far perhaps for the club by playing in the Europa

Because we're not really are we. JRod and Tadic basically playing RM and LM in a 4411. We have VW and Davis in there, against their 3. Got it wrong today I feel. JRod doesn't look ready either.

Defo got it wrong today, quite a lot were chuffing over the attacking line up! what everyone has learn today is even playing against an allegedly poor defence its pointless to be so attacking if you can't get the ball.

Well I think we'll lose this game unless something magical happens, but it is only the first game of the season, means very little. Transfer window still open and we already know we're hunting a centre back and a midfielder.

Still hoping for a draw but new manager syndrome could favour Newcastle.

What's up with Wanyama today?

Has the ball in an attacking position - waits and waits and waits, then gives it away really cheaply, putting us in trouble.

Really not like him.

Schienderlin factor? lacks the confidence to make a quick desion without knowing Morgan has his back?

but it is only the first game of the season, means very little.

Three points is three points no matter when the game takes place and these are the sort of team that could be around us come the shake up.

Three points is three points no matter when the game takes place and these are the sort of team that could be around us come the shake up.

Perhaps, but at least you know whatever the result, you have 37 more games to get it right.

Not looking good, although once Bertrand is back and VVD signs we will be fine. Targett tries, but not ready to play at this level yet. We've been poor but No need to panic.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Assuming VVD is actually any good.

Interesting that Ron signed the two outstanding performers in the Dutch league when joined, but went for Clasie rather than last seasons most outstanding player in Wijnaldum. I know he scored but how has he looked? I didn't see enough of Clasie to offer a decent opinion.