Newcastle 2 Saints 2

Lighthouse

Man of the Match  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match

This is exactly why I've been saying we need a Toby and Morgan replacement... or we'll be in for a few smashings this year.

Very true. Current lineup is worse than last years as it stands. CB especially is a must.

For their goal the move only came about after Yoshida made a dismal clearance.

Whole back four looks shaky and individual errors cropping up as well, need to tighten up for second half. Davis done well and Pelle working hard up front but think JRod and Mane need to do better as it's too difficult to get the ball from defence to attack at the mo. Also seem to be letting Newcastle dictate the style of play. Like the look of Wijnaldum on their team too.

Our defence is shaky at best. They look a shell of the outfit they were last season. With only one defensive midfielder it makes a bit of sense but even Fonte has been dodgy.

We look outmuscled and vulnerable!

Pleased with the score at the moment considering the performance.

We need to up our game second half big time

1-1

HT

Targett and Yoshida been very poor

Vic not great.

we seem to be getting outnumbered in midfield

Tadic looks good. Pelle scored a beauty.

Jose is not great either - seems to be panicking, and for once not leading well

Wanyama looks tired probably from starting both Vitesse games and the friendly. We look like we might nick this game on a break away, Mane and Jay Rod both not up to speed in this game, Jay Rod will need more time, Pelle is doing well, Davis is running the show for us in the middle, Cedric has had a mixed game, defensivily shaky and silly fouls, but he's excellent going forward. Targett has been a 'target' for them and he's struggling out there, but Cedric has been booked.. so Erwin has a problem on his hands. Tadic has been excellent dangerous on the ball, holding it up well providing an outlet and linking well with Cedric. Fonte has been shaky, Yoshi has done well. So all in all, we're once again "cruising" through but not at 100 per cent, Mane/Tadic will be the difference in this one, creatively we have the game changers.

But can I just say... how fantastic it is to have the season back. We made a lot of mistakes... but it was still a thrilling half of football. That Pelle goal. Wow! Cedric is such an exciting player. I'm going to say... first day nerves has dialed up the mistake factor a lot: Fonte, Wanyama, Maya all being uncharacteristic. Could it be tiredness post Europe too? Maybe. But I think more likely just nerves. JayRod definitely is going to need some game time. I'd bring on Shane Long for him before too long.

C'mon Saints. Please let's win this!

Watching on a dodgy stream. Newcastle deserved that equaliser. We've hardly been in the game at present.

I'm watching on TV but I have the Arsenal game on http://www.footy.ml on the 2nd channel. On the 1st channel he has the Saints game and it's usually very good quality (as it also is today). Try that if your stream is bad.

Jesus, here we go. Calm down ffs, 20 mins and just because we arent battering the opposition away from home from minute 1 , the bed wetting starts.

Sorry I forgot that I'm not allowed to state my opinion while watching the game live .

Its nothing to do with battering anybody . Its more to do with coming into the new season looking much poorer than the last season.

I'm sorry that the team is playing poorly but thank you for over reacting like a hysterical teenage girl .

Knob

How can some of you bell ends say Yoshida has been useless ................ The poor bugger has a sleepy Targett on one side of him and a poor Fonte on the other side of him leaving him to play with a mop and bucket in his hand............. Jeez!

That's what I've seen. He's been playing centre half and left-back in the first half, poor bugger.

We need more in the centre of midfield.

Jay off, Reed or Ward-Prowse on. Can Martina play at left back?

Played there in the first half against Espanyol and did quite well.

This is exactly why I've been saying we need a Toby and Morgan replacement... or we'll be in for a few smashings this year.

And still the club don't listen to you. We don't even need a big midfielder, just a small, possibly Dutch one will do.

There's no clear tactical shield in front of the back four, just midfielders reacting to situations - often a little too late.

If we don't address that, and it means a substitution, our defence will continue to struggle.

I don't think they had JayRod pegged for the full ninety, so it might be him.

How can some of you bell ends say Yoshida has been useless ................ The poor bugger has a sleepy Targett on one side of him and a poor Fonte on the other side of him leaving him to play with a mop and bucket in his hand............. Jeez!

I'm a big supporter of him but has made some pretty poor individual errors that half. Then again so have many others.

1-1

HT

Targett and Yoshida been very poor

Vic not great.

we seem to be getting outnumbered in midfield

Tadic looks good. Pelle scored a beauty.

We're getting outnumbered in midfield because our front 4 are pressing high and our back 4 are sitting deep, leaving just Davis and Wanyama, who appears to be having one of his 'can't-be-arsed' off days, in the centre of the park.

Need to make changes at HT to tighten things up a bit. While it's nice to see him starting again, Rodriguez isn't having a great game, so I would maybe take him off for JWP who can sit a bit deeper and offer a little more protection to the defensive unit.

Second best all over the park at the moment. Gonna hope its nerves. Need to gain our composure or we are going to get embarrassed second half. I think Shlong on for Jay Rod and Reed swap with tadic. Need to harry their back 4 and get more of the game in midfield, they are having too much time to pick out the passes to their playmakers and runners which is overloading our defense.

I'm watching on TV but I have the Arsenal game on www.footy.ml on the 2nd channel. On the 1st channel he has the Saints game and it's usually very good quality (as it also is today). Try that if your stream is bad.

Thanks. Will give it a go for ten minutes but then off to work for me! :-(