• Ward-Prowse
    • Davis
    • Mané
    • Tadic
    • Pellè
    • Rodriguez
    • Martina
    • Juanmi

That's the Saints I know and love, said we were better than we had been showing recently. The sending off obviously helped us a great deal but we were the better team before then anyway.

Tadic great, Mane great and Romeu looks better and better the more I see of him.

3 points, 3 goals, clean sheet, a good performance and looking like the team that did so well last year. Just what was needed before the break. There will be tougher tests to come but I think we are allowed to enjoy this one :)

Million miles apart from our performances so far this season.Mane, Romeu Tadic outstanding .Nobody had a bad game.The pressing was much improved. Passing much quicker.Tactics spot on.And good to see we actually dominated against 10 men for once . Could well be a pivotal moment in our season. Another bad performance and it would have looked very grim and an uphill struggle. Let's hope everyone comes back fit from the international break

Liking Romeu. Even better when he manages 90 minutes without getting booked.

Romeu was my man of the match: immense performance from him, breaking up their play superbly and initiating our attacks. Who needs Schneiderlin? Romeu today at least looked every bit as good. Outstanding performances from Mane, Tadic, and Pelle, obviously, and Cedric was excellent too. But anyone else notice how much better we were in the second half with Rodriguez instead of Davis? I get that Steven Davis is versatile and grafts and always gives maximum effort and all that, but what does he really bring in terms of quality, attacking flair? I think with Tadic, Mane and Rodriguez playing behind Pelle we should be able to score against anyone; so long as our defensive platform is good, and that's where Romeu starred and made us look so much better than in recent games.

Romeu was immense, did everything well in that game, including some really incisive passing. JWP was decent (and gives you hope that Clasie might flourish alongside Romeu if VW goes), while Tadic and Mane looked great on left and right respectively. Juanmi showed a few nice runs and link up attempts in his ten minutes, so perhaps could do a job in attacking midfield?

Oh, and on the evidence of the first half, the right player got substituted for Jrod too...

Commentators annoyed me talking about "circumstances helping us" with the sending off. Boo ****ing hoo! Whittaker has to take the blame for that alone. The first yellow especially was stupid. Good professional performance across the board today. No complaints about anyone really.

Romeu has looked good in every game so no surprise again today. A very good signing. great to see JWP having a real impact on the game, although I still don't like Davis playing as a 10 in games like these.

Biggest plus was Tadic, back playing on the left, looking brilliant and Mane looking just as comfortable on the right. Please Keep them there Ronald...

Romeu was my man of the match: immense performance from him, breaking up their play superbly and initiating our attacks. Who needs Schneiderlin? Romeu today at least looked every bit as good. Outstanding performances from Mane, Tadic, and Pelle, obviously, and Cedric was excellent too. But anyone else notice how much better we were in the second half with Rodriguez instead of Davis? I get that Steven Davis is versatile and grafts and always gives maximum effort and all that, but what does he really bring in terms of quality, attacking flair? I think with Tadic, Mane and Rodriguez playing behind Pelle we should be able to score against anyone; so long as our defensive platform is good, and that's where Romeu starred and made us look so much better than in recent games.

Agree entirely, except against better teams than Norwich Romeu won't be able to command the holding midfielder alone. There was little pressure on our midfield after the sending off which gave us so much time and space. He was the stand out player though (Romeu) edging it from Mane - who we just have to hang on to.

Sky pick Mané for MOTM, but Saints send Fonte and Pellè out to collect it.

Sky try to ask Pellè about Mané's importance... Pellè laughs and talks about the game and the whole team.

Was glad that happened :lol:

I had a feeling they chose him to be able to speak to him. No one even mentioned Romeu today, hopefully he can be our unsung hero, like Davis was 2 seasons ago!

Commentators annoyed me talking about "circumstances helping us" with the sending off. Boo ****ing hoo! Whittaker has to take the blame for that alone. The first yellow especially was stupid. Good professional performance across the board today. No complaints about anyone really.

The red hampered them yes but they weren't very good anyway, nothing in attack and little in midfield. Red card probably made no difference to the eventual result..just the score perhaps..

That feels SO much better doesn't it?

Played some good stuff, got a bit of luck with the red card and timing of their 1st goal which settled us down.

Finished them off in the 2nd and could have had more. Thought Romeu looked excellent.

So pleased we got the win today - makes everyone feels better about themselves. 10th in the league! Who'd have thought it?! :)

Just need to see out the transfer window now.

Romeu and Tadic the best out there. Romeu seems to have great positioning, strenght, accurate passing and intelligence to distribute. Hope he keeps that up against stronger opposition.

Tadic just toyed around with their LB, superb stuff. I don't know why RK has such a short leash for him, have confidence in the lad!

It will be very interesting to see how Clasie fits in. Could be very good with Romeu.

Enjoy Tadic's magic here https://vine.co/v/eI6z2inATti . --> If this doesen't embed here is the link https://vine.co/v/eI6z2inATti

Mane did everything right in the second half but wasen't as sharp in the first. He got better as the game went on and was perfect in the second. And you have to value his attitude, compared to you know who...

Romeu was great today, as was everyone.

Think we might have a new winger this week, as Redmond is still in Matt Targets pocket. I know Target's crossing was bad, but he looked much more like a Left back today.

Much improved. Now lets see how we are on Tuesday night!

Result the most important thing; excellent for confidence going into the international break.

Won't get too high or too low about the performance (esp the midfield), given its one game against an average side and the sending off changed things; but good to see us reverting back to a more balanced side, without too many attacking-minded players (Newcastle, Everton) or excessively cautious (Watford, Midtjylland).

Still, in no way, makes up for Thursday; but it's a start.

Edited by shurlock

Romeu very very good. Cedric had a good spell going forward in the second half. Looked more like Saints out there, good pressing, quick passing, kept turning the screw throughout. Only way in which it could have been better is if Rodriguez had scored but that will come.

I think with Tadic, Mane and Rodriguez playing behind Pelle we should be able to score against anyone; so long as our defensive platform is good, and that's where Romeu starred and made us look so much better than in recent games.
This. We need a sound defensive platform for the offense tick.

We got the benefit of the 2 yellows, which took the pressure off the defense, which in turn freed up the offense. It won't always be that easy.

as many have said, we get VvD over the line, get Bertrand back on the pitch and Clasie in the midfield that defensive platform will be sound.

I am as upset as anyone about the Wanyama situation (and if he really didn't have a stomach issue last Thursday then he really screwed up our Europa dreams) but we need him on the team. I think a Romeu/Wanyama paired with Clasie can work really well in a 4-2-3-1. However, Romeu's style of play will lend to knocks and suspensions. We need two physical DMs - Clasie, Davis, Reed are not.

We need Wanyama.

Really can't let him or Mane go at the point.

the American broadcast was really playing up the Mane issue - it is like they had some vested interest in his head being turned to Man U.

Romeu was excellent and his vision and passing are IMO a major upgrade on Wanyama's.

JWP may just be starting to find a niche in this side, but much of that depends on how RK wants Clasie to fit in.

I loved our width today, with an exciting Cedric/Mané parnership on the right and a much more effective Tadic on the left (which will only get better when Bertrand is back). As soon as we realized how dynamic this was (aided by the red card) the hoofing stopped almost completely.

This is a very good squad with more depth-in-quality than the last two years in my view, and when they're all fit for selection we'll be a match for anyone.

I don't want us to lose Wanyama but I would like to lose the sullen, self-centered attitude that he exhibits too often and that hurts dressing rooms. So I guess I'd opt for B'bye as long as we bring someone else in.

Romeo was excellent.

Targett, JWP were a lot better.

Davis not playing well at the moment.

Basong never let go of Pelles shirt. What's he got to do to get a free kick?

Still think we give the ball away too easily.

Still concerned. Hero me free header being an example of why.

Pleased with 3 points & 3 goals.