Brendan Rodgers Leaves Liverpool

Donatello

I dont hate liverpool, actually have a bit of a soft spot for the club, but i do hate brendan, and i hated them while he was in charge.

Same here. I feel less animosity towards Liverpool now, which makes it sound so trivial, but F it.

Edit: To clarify, I don't have a soft spot for the club.

Reference Klopp, wasn't he Man City's first choice for next year? (difficult to pull of if City win the league, admittedly) His pedigree is clearly higher than that of Liverpool (current Liverpool, spare me the historical nonsense :p), so if Liverpool manage to sign him that's quite a coup, no?

Edit: "pedigree", 'stock' would've been a more appropriate term.

Edited by Donatello

Reference Klopp, wasn't he Man City's first choice for next year? (difficult to pull of if City win the league, admittedly) His pedigree is clearly higher than that of Liverpool (current Liverpool, spare me the historical nonsense :p), so if Liverpool manage to sign him that's quite a coup, no?

I think City have always had a longing for Pep Guardiola.

I think City have always had a longing for Pep Guardiola.

Yes! That was it. Cheers. D'oh. Still, Klopp is probably On the radar of each Top 4 club. He's probably short-changing himself by going/if he goes to Liverpool, but it's an enticing challenge too (breaking into Top 4).

Edited by Donatello

Call me naîve, but I honestly believe that RK will honour his contract here. If Barca or the national side came knocking I suppose he could have his head turned, but the dippers? I really don't think so.

When the Saints have no problem with Koeman leaving I guess he will go when Liverpool knocks on the door. When the Saints don't want him to leave it won't be a problem for Koeman as he is very happy in Southampton and he will get a new challenge at some other club (or country) when his current contract expires. But that's not going to happen as Liverpool will go after Klopp or Ancelotti.

According to a Liverpool fan i work with a few of them would like to see Sammy Lee return to the club as part of the coaching set up, he seems to be doing well at Saints so hopefully he stays here for now as part of Ron's team.

Sacked good! maybe we can keep some of our players then. Thing I do not understand is Bodgers has a fetish with signing attacking players but even with the attacking talent such as Firminho he still cannot get the team to perform. Out of his depth........

Klopp has signed a three-year deal in Germany and is on his way to Liverpool for his presentation, according to German news organisations.

I suspect Liverpool will get a lift from his arrival but without an established (well, performing) club structure behind him it will be interesting to see how that impacts on the effectiveness of his management style.

I'm surprised he lasted this long, actually. Either he plays the PR game like a hero, and is completely different behind the scenes, or he really, genuinely is as poor at analyzing his own play/setup as he comes across in interviews. The whole deluded brendan thing is spot on, he sounded like he had no idea what was wrong, no idea what playing well meant, very little criticism of his players even after unacceptable defeats. He gets rid of andy carroll because they play a differnet system (the whole 'we're playing like barcelona now and don't need a target man') and then buys benteke for the exact reason he let carroll go. He buys defender after defender for ridiculous sums of money and seems not to be held to account for them. Don't understand how someone can spend that much on players like lovren, ings, firmino, borini, aspas, markovich etc. and then just fail to alter the team, or instead play them out of position, or else not play them at all.

I actually have no opposition to him as a saints fan, I think he is right about saints not being forced to sell. I don't hold a grudge against him for 'taking our players' - we sold him lovren and bought virgil van dijk + still have c 6mill remaining to throw about/reinvest. Is anyone bothered? I think his treatment of players like SRL was fairly poor, but then that's just my wider opposition to him as a coach. He is either a puppet in a terrible system, or he really is that bad at man management and giving people confidence. I think what he has done for players I really like (Ings for goodness sake) is where I have more beef with him. Liverpool for all their annoying fans are a historic english club and I for one (although obviously I want soton to smash them at every opportunity) wouldn't mind them doing a little better.

I'd say if anything we are demonstrating we're more astute about sustainably progressing toward champions league than brendan's liverpool are. Obviously they are already a CL club, but in terms of plan and strategy and thinking clearly about how we get (or in their case stay) in, I think we're actually doing pretty well

Edited by eddie
something needed editing..

nailed on defeat for us then

I might have agreed a couple of years ago, but I think that under Koeman we are made of sterner stuff.

There's nothing he would take greater delight in that going to Anfield and making Klopp's first game there a nightmare, and putting pressure on him from the word go.

There's a lot said about players getting a lift from the appointment of a new manager, but the pressure on players to perform for a new manager can work against them.

Guardiola hasn't proven anything there. He joined treble winners and just kept winning a league which had become far easier.

I wouldn't say that the Bundesliga has become far easier. It's just that Bayern has joined the level of Barcelona and Madrid, with the team they had last year and the way they played, they would be champions in the PL easily too.

I might have agreed a couple of years ago, but I think that under Koeman we are made of sterner stuff.

There's nothing he would take greater delight in that going to Anfield and making Klopp's first game there a nightmare, and putting pressure on him from the word go.

There's a lot said about players getting a lift from the appointment of a new manager, but the pressure on players to perform for a new manager can work against them.

Liverpool do have a Europa League home game before we play them so at least that might get the **** fest out the way.

According to a Liverpool fan i work with a few of them would like to see Sammy Lee return to the club as part of the coaching set up, he seems to be doing well at Saints so hopefully he stays here for now as part of Ron's team.

As a total non-footy expert, it seems to me that Sammy's main job is to run around like a whirling dervish any time Saints score a goal. In order for him to replicate that role at Liverpool, they would need to score a goal first? ;)

Think Lallana suits his style nicely and Clyne would be first choice under any manager. Whether he can get Lovren back into form is a whole other question!

Klopp is a big fan of Firmino so I can't see Adam i'd snap your arm off to finish at saints Lallana featuring too much.

So they have appointed the German Brendon Rodgers. Congrats.

I think that there does seem to be a certain lack of realism about all this. Why they think he is going to suddenly propel LFC to the title, is anyone's guess. However, it is a shame that they have us as their first home game under him - dead cat bounce and all that.

I think that there does seem to be a certain lack of realism about all this. Why they think he is going to suddenly propel LFC to the title, is anyone's guess. However, it is a shame that they have us as their first home game under him - dead cat bounce and all that.

You should read this article and laugh your socks off:

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/10/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-manager-a-reaction/

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/10/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-manager-a-reaction/

Exactly the sort of drivel that comes from Liverpool fans which makes the rest of football laugh at them. Remarkably, as much of it comes from fans who have never seen them play in person as they do those born and raised in Liverpool.

To be fair to the Pool fans, the media is dribbling over themselves from all orifices when it comes to Klopp, so it might be understandable that they get carried away with things. It's a quietish week for them and they like to over egg things to levels that become delusionally boring, something that they seem to do an awful lot with Liverpool.

But managing the second biggest club in Germany (or biggest by crowd) and coming 1st twice, 2nd twice, 5h, 6th and 7th is, while a job well done (apart from the 5th, 6th and 7th) is hardly surprising or earth shattering. Nor is it out of the ordinary for Dortmund. They won the Bundesliga in 94/95 and 95/96, and the Champions League in 96/97 while being semi finalists in 97/98. As for his record with Dortmund, given that the German leagues are even less competitive than ours, with the same 3 or 4 teams always dominating, a record of played 318, won 179, draw 69, lost 70 might not be as good as it could have been.

Anyway, no doubt they will tonk us when we go up there and he will be proven to be rather good.

Exactly the sort of drivel that comes from Liverpool fans which makes the rest of football laugh at them. Remarkably' date=' as much of it comes from fans who have never seen them play in person as they do those born and raised in Liverpool.[/quote']

That's a bit unfair, as we have been reliably informed, on here, that it is much better to watch matches on TV, rather than go. :rolleyes:

Lol ffs. That entire city is so deluded. My facebook timeline is full of stupid Liverpool fans now thinking they're going to push City for the title (I'm a member of that Sportsmania group, so I get a lot of that waffle!).

Such an entirely deluded fan-base detached from modern reality.

But hang on, don't you remember they won the league a few times in the 80's???

My favourite line:

"This is real world now' date=' Jurgen. This is not a drill. We will bury you if you fail us. But win for us and return us to the promised land — not halfway, but all the way — and you will truly walk with gods."[/quote']