Brendan Rodgers Leaves Liverpool

Donatello

That's one each for Lallana, Lambert, ( that went well ), Lovren, and Clyne.

The guy's a prize t!t who got lucky for one season.

Now, if only Abramovich would take up Mourinho's 'Sack me if you dare'.

I think that's what panicked Liverpool today.

They think that Mourinho is on his way out, and the Chelsea job would be more attractive to any managers they would have identified to take over from Rodgers.

They might have given Rodgers a few more weeks, but as soon as Mourinho unwisely threw down a challenge that Abramovic might well take up, Rodgers' number was up.

Of course, they are such a great club with great history (which they never bring up) and even as we speak, Jurgen Klopp an Carlo Ancelotti are learning the words to You'll Never Walk Alone, which the fans demand every manager knows by heart.

Rodger was always on borrowed time, but this looks like another panic move by a club who have turned the knee-jerk reaction into an art form

The book could have been closed with us hammering the final nail into his coffin at the end of the month, so I'm disappointed they've taken this decision so soon. By the sound of it, Jürgen Klopp will get the job, which could be equally as wildly inconsistent as life under Rodgers was. Ancelotti would have been a much safer pair of hands in their situation, I think.

Justice has been done. I'm absolutely delighted he's got what he deserves for all he put us and the club thru. It's been a marvelous weekend, two down and a third to go if the sackings go in threes. No need to guess who I hope will be the next one.

Guess Kenny will take charge till they bring in their new man. Just hope whoever it is he gives Lowren the boot and makes life miserable for La La and Clyne.

The book could have been closed with us hammering the final nail into his coffin at the end of the month, so I'm disappointed they've taken this decision so soon. By the sound of it, Jürgen Klopp will get the job, which could be equally as wildly inconsistent as life under Rodgers was. Ancelotti would have been a much safer pair of hands in their situation, I think.

Whoever it is, I'd rather not be playing them for his first game in charge. Their players are bound to go all out, and the crowd ditto.

The evil person in me wants Rodgers to take a job at a lesser Premier League club, do remarkably well for the rest of the season, and then see all his best players pinched from bigger clubs (yes, let's include us in that) in the summer. Give him a taste of his own medicine.

He's spunked a ton of cash at Liverpool on bog standard players. It'll take the new Pool manager a while to sort it out.

Oh, and the new 'Pool manager? I'd love to see 'Arry get it!

I think that's what panicked Liverpool today.

They think that Mourinho is on his way out, and the Chelsea job would be more attractive to any managers they would have identified to take over from Rodgers.

They might have given Rodgers a few more weeks, but as soon as Mourinho unwisely threw down a challenge that Abramovic might well take up, Rodgers' number was up.

Of course, they are such a great club with great history (which they never bring up) and even as we speak, Jurgen Klopp an Carlo Ancelotti are learning the words to You'll Never Walk Alone, which the fans demand every manager knows by heart.

Rodger was always on borrowed time, but this looks like another panic move by a club who have turned the knee-jerk reaction into an art form

Yep my thoughts were the same - a scramble for Klopp could well happen over the next few days

If Carlsberg did weekends.......

Bye bye Shergar, you deluded fraud.

Yup, farewell to the most overrated manager in Premier League Land. Tried to strip us bear because he had no idea how to develop younger players himself. He will be lucky to land a job at Halifax. Probably run off to hide abroad a la Moyes (whom I have some respect for).

Rodgers was sacked by phone.

From BBC's Ben Smith

"FSG's decision to sack Rodgers was made before today's Merseyside derby but the owners did not want to disrupt preparations for the match by making an announcement before the game. Even a victory at Goodison Park would not have prevented Rodgers losing his job.

"Rodgers was not told at Goodison Park. He was visited at home by Ian Ayre and I am told he took the news with dignity and good grace. Many of the players are now off on international duty and so there was was no chance to say goodbye to them. FSG wanted Rodgers to learn of the news from them and no one else and hence the decision to tell him within an hour of the result."

just finished a fairly long drive and listened to the press pass talking about this.

Ray Stubbs was gutted. It was not rodgers fault and he will go on to be a great manager.

what chance did rodgers have when suarez was sold from under him blah blah blah

our game at theirs was already on sky.......be their new boss first home game and that 'special' atmosphere and all that

I bet sky get who ever it is to touch the 'This is Anfield' sign as they walk out

just finished a fairly long drive and listened to the press pass talking about this.

Ray Stubbs was gutted. It was not rodgers fault and he will go on to be a great manager.

what chance did rodgers have when suarez was sold from under him blah blah blah

He lost Suarez, but failed to replace him, they dipped off by a mile in the league, even though he had over £100m to spend in that single window.

Koeman lost Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Chambers, Shaw in a single window and improved on our position in the league.

Go figure. The media love-in with Rodgers is cringe, he's shown himself to be nothing but a bog-average manager who likes to talk tactics and sound more revolutionary than he actually is.

He lost Suarez, but failed to replace him, they dipped off by a mile in the league, even though he had over £100m to spend in that single window.

Koeman lost Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Chambers, Shaw in a single window and improved on our position in the league.

Go figure. The media love-in with Rodgers is cringe, he's shown himself to be nothing but a bog-average manager who likes to talk tactics and sound more revolutionary than he actually is.

The media always suck up to any of the "top club " managers, regardless of how sh*t they are. The only exception to this rule is when a manager is clearly being led to the slaughterhouse, like José. I'm pleased brenda has gone, never liked or rated him at all.

From BBC's Ben Smith..."Rodgers was not told at Goodison Park. He was visited at home by Ian Ayre ... FSG wanted Rodgers to learn of the news from them and no one else and hence the decision to tell him within an hour of the result."

Doesn't make sense. There is no way a manager will be at home an hour after a game - endless broadcast media and club interviews to do and team debrief.

I know it's extremely unlikely, but I really hope it's Redknapp. I want him to sign Sandro and Rio Ferdinand on £200k/week. Triffic lads, get pros.

He was at the Sunderland U21 game recently. Imagine how great he would be at getting the best out of Defoe. Fair old commute from Sandbanks though

I think the comment about Spurs and their frittering away of the Bale money on tat, probably didn't help his cause either.

Maybe it's Advocaat, leaves Sunderland because they are a bit hard work, turns down any contract ending monies because Liverpool have already agreed a golden hello.

Really hope that Klopp has the sense to hold off for a few days....

I don't suppose he is in any rush. I've no doubt his agent has already taken soundings on the likelihood of other tasty jobs becoming available soon.

At the very least he could take advantage of Liverpool's desperation and play hardball with them.