WARNING More Members Than Tickets ITS A CON

pluto

Amazingly the club are still selling memberships despite the fact that its heading towards 2 members for 1 ticket availabily. There is some concern from early adopters of memberships that they will now not get 'priority' due to the oversell of them. I dont see how the criteria for buying a Liverpool QF ticket as a member is only being to one game since 2012-2013. This simply does make any sense and those that have used their memberships this season have unfairly been totally cut out of the picture. I know someone who has a membership and used it three times this season and he will fight it out with someone that hasnt used it but went to a game two seasons ago etc FARCE

This scenario was emailed to the ticket manager last week when the Cup details where announced, no reply.

Started by pluto, Today 10:50 PM

Who Let The Argie in?

Started by pluto, 29-10-2015 11:23 AM

Saints Should Ban Levy And CO From ST Marys

Started by pluto, 23-08-2015 02:56 PM

Gareth Rogers Not Strong Enough To Run Our Club

Saints Media Managament A Total Utter Shambles

Started by pluto, 08-07-2015 04:59 PM

Saints Ticket Rip off Continues This Season

Started by pluto, 30-06-2015 06:17 PM

Aston Villa Ticket Rip Off - SFC Screwing Fans Over

Started by pluto, 27-03-2015 04:08 PM

Who Let The Argie in?

skate

Who Let The Argie in?

get your tissues out.

Don't you have a history of posting sensationalist nonsense with no basis in fact? Where is the figures for memberships sold? I find it difficult to believe we've sold over 10k memberships in all honesty.

TBF and not in anyway defending the OP, the club tweeted this on Tuesday:

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC · Nov 3

More than 10,000 fans have now signed up as Official Members! Find out more – http://sfcne.ws/Membership10k #saintsfc

By their very nature, members are going to be those who are unable - for whatever reason - to get a season ticket and attend every home game. As a result, they're not all going to be buying for every home game, so of course it makes sense to sell more than there are tickets available for any one game if they can do so.

There are literally no words in the membership terms and conditions that state that buying a membership guarantees a ticket for a particular game. The only way to guarantee that is to buy a season ticket.

By their very nature, members are going to be those who are unable - for whatever reason - to get a season ticket and attend every home game. As a result, they're not all going to be buying for every home game, so of course it makes sense to sell more than there are tickets available for any one game if they can do so.

There are literally no words in the membership terms and conditions that state that buying a membership guarantees a ticket for a particular game. The only way to guarantee that is to buy a season ticket.

So, what's the benefit? Priority opportunity before general sale?

So, what's the benefit? Priority opportunity before general sale?

I happen to disagree with the concept of paying a fee for the privilege of buying a ticket. This means I end up going less....As the games are mostly selling out I don't suppose the club care and have generated another revenue stream for nothing which fans seem happy to pay for...

That is the fans fault - the club will be loving it...

In order to grow the club need a bigger ground now. There will be many potential ticket sales going to waste because punters can't get tickets now at shorter notice. The club are exploiting the market and squeezing the margin very effectively but the skill is in growing the business and becoming a bigger club, a more difficult challenge than squeezing a few more quid out fans for a membership scheme......

Big decisions need to be made quite soon on how or if the club expands....

I happen to disagree with the concept of paying a fee for the privilege of buying a ticket. This means I end up going less....As the games are mostly selling out I don't suppose the club care and have generated another revenue stream for nothing which fans seem happy to pay for...

In order to grow the club need a bigger ground now. There will be many potential ticket sales going to waste because punters can't get tickets now at shorter notice. The club are exploiting the market and squeezing the margin very effectively but the skill is in growing the business and becoming a bigger club, a more difficult challenge than squeezing a few more quid out fans for a membership scheme......

I'm pretty sure the club have said, only recently, there will be no expansion of SMS in the foreseeable future they point to a lack of sell outs making an expansion economically unviable.

There is no evidence that there are "many potential ticket sales going to waste", quite the opposite.

And you think it takes a "skilled" businessman to tie up, say £50m in capital/loans to build a load of seats there is no evidence we need and no business case that they would pay back?

The "big decision" has been made - the club do not need to expand the ground, and doing so would be an aimless punt driven by vanity.

Can't see what the fuss is? Despite over 10,000 members on top of 23,000ish Season Ticket holders, there's normally only around around 6,000 tickets up for grabs for home games, yet if it does sell out, it's usually at the last minute this season. Not exactly a clamour for tickets which suggests the club have it about right.

We had 26,000 (restricted) ST and members when we were at the Dell with a 15k capacity.

Which games, if any, have not gone to General Sale this season?

I used to be a member back in the pre-relegation days in the early '00s as very few games made it to General Sale, but this season it looks like there's no need yet to join the scheme.

Wow I am stunned!!! I bet they don't have this issue at Manchester United with their membership programme.

Stunned about what, pal? Does saints membership give you a discount off match tickets and the megastore among other things?

Oh right. It gives you your own monthly email newsletter.... and the pièce de résistance, the "announcement of which Saints star has collected the latest Player of the Month award".

I hope you bought what is a footballing placebo. I'd rather flush money down the toilet.

Stunned about what, pal? Does saints membership give you a discount off match tickets and the megastore among other things?

Oh right. It gives you your own monthly email newsletter.... and the pièce de résistance, the "announcement of which Saints star has collected the latest Player of the Month award".

I hope you bought what is a footballing placebo. I'd rather flush money down the toilet.

So you'd rather flush money down the loo than give it to the club you profess to support?

Clubs got to pay for all the quality players the supporters demand I'm shocked you don't want to help out with another £25 a year to help Tadic by a new sports car.......

Anybody who does buy one, in the mistaken belief that they are getting more than is stated on the advertising bumph, is a fool to himself !

Read the terms and make your mind up, should be pretty easy for most I imagine !

I assume that you haven't bought one ?

I bought it for me and my lad ( he gets a few extra bits as he is a junior like the birthday card etc ) we will only get to a couple of games a season and it means we are slightly more likely to get the seats we want for the games we can attend. That's about it, aside from feeling a tiny bit more connected to the club we love. Can't see the harm to be honest

Which games, if any, have not gone to General Sale this season?

I used to be a member back in the pre-relegation days in the early '00s as very few games made it to General Sale, but this season it looks like there's no need yet to join the scheme.

I'm neither a member, or a season ticket holder, and have still managed to get tickets for 7 games so far this season. It's not been an issue with home games yet at all, but I'm fearing going into the London aways that I'll have no chance of getting tickets at Sellhurst, The Boleyn or The Emirates etc by virtue of not being a member

Blimey Charlie!! Should have added a smiley!! Typical Saintsweb Chinese whispers in action.

I was referring to the title of the thread ONLY, not the bolt on's they have, just like someone else mentioned Barcelona, Man U have more members than seats, just like we had more members and season ticket holders than seats in the Dell.

Anyway doesn't affect me I have a ticket for every home game already. :D

Then members who by the nature of why they bought membership can't get to every match would be paying well over the odds for matches with an ST. After ten years of being a season ticket holder I didn't renew this season because living in London it proved impossible to get to the increasing numbers of mainly late midweek matches that had dates changed to fit in with tv broadcasting. Three seasons of missing around five matches a year made my ST very expensive.

Don't you have a history of posting sensationalist nonsense with no basis in fact? Where is the figures for memberships sold? I find it difficult to believe we've sold over 10k memberships in all honesty.

That was confirmed on the OS earlier in the week, but it's still not a "con", it only ever bought priority over people who didn't have memberships. End of discussion.

Edited by The9

I'm neither a member, or a season ticket holder, and have still managed to get tickets for 7 games so far this season. It's not been an issue with home games yet at all, but I'm fearing going into the London aways that I'll have no chance of getting tickets at Sellhurst, The Boleyn or The Emirates etc by virtue of not being a member

Those games would more than likely have sold out to season ticket holders with plenty of aways anyway, so they probably won't even get down to members.

"Adult members will receive the following benefits:

Priority access to home tickets

Priority access to away tickets (after Season Ticket holders)

Priority access to the Ticket Exchange

Official membership card for access to home matches

Exclusive monthly members’ newsletter direct to your inbox

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/membership/index.aspx#2SXyKcEdMJHIGjEz.99"

Then members who by the nature of why they bought membership can't get to every match would be paying well over the odds for matches with an ST. After ten years of being a season ticket holder I didn't renew this season because living in London it proved impossible to get to the increasing numbers of mainly late midweek matches that had dates changed to fit in with tv broadcasting. Three seasons of missing around five matches a year made my ST very expensive.

What would be the break-even point of number of matches bought match by match instead of with a ST? It can't be too far adrift against the five or so you couldn't make, surely? Then there are the mitigating factors for having a ST, like the guaranteed seat, not having to undergo the hassle of booking, priority over those solely with memberships and although I am not sure about the details, can't you sell those matches you can't attend back to the club?

Who Let The Argie in?

You seriously need to get laid.

What would be the break-even point of number of matches bought match by match instead of with a ST? It can't be too far adrift against the five or so you couldn't make, surely? Then there are the mitigating factors for having a ST, like the guaranteed seat, not having to undergo the hassle of booking, priority over those solely with memberships and although I am not sure about the details, can't you sell those matches you can't attend back to the club?

As a guide, my season ticket was £628. Buying my seat on a match-by-match basis would cost:

8 Category A games @ £42 each = £336

3 Category B games @ £39 each = £117

8 Category C games @ £34 each = £272

Total: £725, £97 more than the season ticket. Assume that I buy online for convenience, which means a £1 per ticket transaction fee as well, so that's £116 more than my season ticket.

It's effectively only those three Category B games that I get "free" with my season ticket. Fortunately, Watford is the only (currently) scheduled midweek home game, but we've got to have at least one game switched to a Monday night at some point this season, although that game might not be at home.

The ticket exchange is only available when a game has sold out in advance - I think it's only been used for the Leicester game so far, which sold out at least a week ahead of the game. The pricing - along with a large number of Sunday games so far - has, IMO, shown the perfect balance between supply, demand and cost. I wouldn't be particularly happy paying £42 for an individual home game, but the attendances and the point at which games have sold out suggests they've got it spot on from a maximising revenue and minimising disappointment perspective.

Its a bit of a gamble to be honest. It will only be worth it if we get to a cup semi-final or final. In which case Members will have priority over non-members. Otherwise it's not great value

Had one in the Dell days. Used to fax in my ticket requests a couple of days before tickets went on sale. Worked every time. Those were the days

Thanks for the comprehensive reply, Steve.

I suppose to a certain extent, it depends which matches eelpie can't attend. If he cannot attend around five during the season, if any of those are with the glory clubs, there is an increased chance that the match might sell out well beforehand and that he could get something back for reselling his ticket. So far, we have only played Man U and Everton maybe of the clubs who are deemed to be greater draws. The other factor is that when we do play the glory teams, the guaranteed seats become a greater plus factor. So it only needs another couple of matches where the ticket could be refunded, to mean that the costs are similar but with the advantage of guaranteed seats, peace of mind and less hassle.

On the other hand though, the cost is spread out if there is difficulty in paying the whole amount up front.