Zlatan ......

Yorkshire Saint

honestly cannot believe for one minute we are even interested as the wages alone would he would be on would disrupt the harmony of the squad. And if i were to entertain this for one moment and except Saints were willing to pay mega bucks for him....then surely we would be better off paying big wages to Wanyama and Mane to keep them here??!!!

I'm sorry, really.... but there is absolutely no chance on earth, not even the slightest chance, that Zlatan will sign for Saints... this is utterly obsessed!? I know half of this thread is tongue in cheek but anybody even slightly entertaining the idea that this might happen can't be thinking straight.. I'll say it now: If we sign Zlatan, i will get a tattoo of his face on my bum and upload it to this website... quote me on that

I'm sorry, really.... but there is absolutely no chance on earth, not even the slightest chance, that Zlatan will sign for Saints... this is utterly obsessed!? I know half of this thread is tongue in cheek but anybody even slightly entertaining the idea that this might happen can't be thinking straight.. I'll say it now: If we sign Zlatan, i will get a tattoo of his face on my bum and upload it to this website... quote me on that

sorry... meant assured. no idea why I wrote obsessed!?

I read that Zlatan signing for Utd would make up for the loss of revenue from missing the Champions League, just in Merchandise sales.

They'd have to shift at least a million quids worth a month just to cover his wages imo!

His agent said as much, as he isn't going to cost a transfer fee, he can barter for more in wages. So if you think he'd probably ask for 200k p/w usually, he's probably after 300k p/w +.

There is no universe where we would ever pay a player that.

300k x 52 = 15,600,000

15m for one season....could be worth it. Just pay 10m up front as a signing on fee.

honestly cannot believe for one minute we are even interested as the wages alone would he would be on would disrupt the harmony of the squad. And if i were to entertain this for one moment and except Saints were willing to pay mega bucks for him....then surely we would be better off paying big wages to Wanyama and Mane to keep them here??!!!

This

I read that Zlatan signing for Utd would make up for the loss of revenue from missing the Champions League, just in Merchandise sales.

If this were to happen, it would be our biggest shock transfer since Keegan.

Personally, I think his ego doesn't fit with the club values

Sign him up then send him on a worldwide shirt signing tour so he doesn't mess up the rest of the team.:smug:

We got stung with Osvaldo and I can't see the club are going to make the same mistake again.

Zlatan is at the end of his career and we will not get any sell back on him.

Would not touch with a barge pole.

You can't compare Zlatan to Osvaldo. Zlatan has been the captain for several teams and is still one of the best strikers in the world. He's eccentric but that doesn't make him a lunatic like Osvaldo.

The fact that there's no sell on value doesn't really matter since there's no transferfee.

That said, it's more likely Bournemouth win the premier league next year then Zlatan signing for us. He still has his eye on one thing and one thing only, winning the CL. Therefore I don't think is likely he'll sign for Manu either

Just for giggles, has anyone checked the odds on imbra joking saints in this window? :lol:

I asked oddschecker and there are no odds, they also said he wouldn't dislodge Long anyway. :lol:

Saints were 40/1 to sign him on Skybet.com for a long time, they've now removed the market.

Anyway from I what remember Zlatan is only looking for a 1yr deal before going to Miami and playing for Beckham's franchise when it launches as their marquee player so maybe the big clubs don't need the hassle for 1yr and the smaller clubs can use his standing more as a promotional tool, it seriously wouldnt be too mental if West Ham signed him for 1 yr to launch their stadium and put them "on the map" with the casual non english fan i definitely think they would get long term return on investment for a one off 15mil fee of wages.

You've read it here first, we are not going to sign Zlatan, West Ham will to increase their "london team" profile in the new stadium.

Edited by Convict Colony

Anyway from I what remember Zlatan is only looking for a 1yr deal before going to Miami and playing for Beckham's franchise when it launches as their marquee player so maybe the big clubs don't need the hassle for 1yr and the smaller clubs can use his standing more as a promotional tool, it seriously wouldnt be too mental if West Ham signed him for 1 yr to launch their stadium and put them "on the map" with the casual non english fan i definitely think they would get long term return on investment for a one off 15mil fee of wages.

You've read it here first, we are not going to sign Zlatan, West Ham will to increase their "london team" profile in the new stadium.

This in spades. West Ham are probably the perfect fit for him for a single season Prem cameo.

A tattoo of his bum on your face would be more interesting

IF we had just built another 15k onto our stadium, I think the possibility of signing him would be worth being considered. However at this point we should to focus on buying players who will get us into the position of needing a stadium expansion. I don't tihkn one season form Zlatan would do that. He's not signing for us. (Although this may be at least partly said in the naive hope that because i said it wont happen, it will).

IF we had just built another 15k onto our stadium, I think the possibility of signing him would be worth being considered. However at this point we should to focus on buying players who will get us into the position of needing a stadium expansion. I don't tihkn one season form Zlatan would do that. He's not signing for us. (Although this may be at least partly said in the naive hope that because i said it wont happen, it will).

Really do not understand people's obsession with a stadium expansion.

We do not need it currently and adding an extra '15k' seats doesn't automatically change us from being a 'small' club to a 'big' club, it's performances on the pitch and whether or not the club achieves titles and cups.

Really do not understand people's obsession with a stadium expansion.

We do not need it currently and adding an extra '15k' seats doesn't automatically change us from being a 'small' club to a 'big' club, it's performances on the pitch and whether or not the club achieves titles and cups.

There's only one reason to expand the stadium and that's to beat the skates because, surely, very soon, the bestest sleepiest giant there ever was is going to wake up and build that twelvety million seat underwater enormo-drome and we must never allow that to happen because, apparently, attendance means something......

However, Zlatan will sign Southampton because he is Zlatan

Now The Sun think he could be off to a Malmo, according to the Beeb gossip page...

Striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 34, could choose to join his former club Malmo ahead of United this summer. (Sun)

Apparently he recons he is too good for the Swedish league.

Anyway, I am not getting caught up in this hysteria!!.

Reading the report on the BBC site, Zlatan is clearly enjoying silly season:

Responding to the transfer rumours, Ibrahimovic told reporters: "I want you to still write a lot of stories, so I get excited when I see them, because I want to see who is making up the best story.

"When I'm tired of it, I'll let you know where I will go."

Were just finishing the contract hence the holdup. Every page has to be carved from a freshly felled tree in the new forest as Zlatan commands. Les also has to eat the raw heart of a New forest Pony at the signing point to prove to Zlatan that he is the prince that was promised. Apparently theres some tedious animal rights issues to be circumvented first.