Zlatan ......

Yorkshire Saint

It's fairly common knowledge that Zlatan wants one season in the Premier League before moving to the MLS. He will go to a club that plays in the Champions League and can realistically win the league, not for the team in 7th spot and potential Europa League qualifiers in Kazakhstan.

Will be odd seeing him playing alongside Vardy.

It's fairly common knowledge that Zlatan wants one season in the Premier League before moving to the MLS. He will go to a club that plays in the Champions League and can realistically win the league, not for the team in 7th spot and potential Europa League qualifiers in Kazakhstan.

He should go to Leicester then, just for sh!ts.

If it were true (which it ain't) it'd be like Osvaldo all over again except it would bankrupt us and put is into the Conference South, no thanks!

Without actually wishing to entertain this rumour, a 1 year deal on £300kpw would 'only' set us back £15m. Beefed up a bit by agents fees, signing on etc. but it wouldn't come close to bankrupting us.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't want him here. Bad influence on the team despite his talent. Especially after just witnessing a team more than the sum of it's parts win the title. The thought of seeing Ibrahimovic strutting around demanding to take every free kick, posturing when he doesn't get a pass, celebrating his goals chest out running away from his team mates. Tosser, would rather watch Long week in week out than that man-bunned creep. As I said, I'm sure I'm a minority here, however the Man City fans were spot on with their 'you're just a **** Andy Carroll' song.

If I am right I am bagging ITK status, life time membership.

I have been told by someone close to the Italian media and a Juventus s/t holder that Zlatan Ibrahimović has agreed a summer move to Southampton - on the basis of his exceptional relationship with Ronald at Ajax. Wage structure to be demolished in line with new TV revenue.

If I am wrong hey who cares I loved hearing it.

Gonna call BS on that I'm afraid ;)

I'm sure I'm in the minority' date=' but I wouldn't want him here. Bad influence on the team despite his talent. Especially after just witnessing a team more than the sum of it's parts win the title. The thought of seeing Ibrahimovic strutting around demanding to take every free kick, posturing when he doesn't get a pass, celebrating his goals chest out running away from his team mates. Tosser, would rather watch Long week in week out than that man-bunned creep. As I said, I'm sure I'm a minority here, however the Man City fans were spot on with their 'you're just a **** Andy Carroll' song.[/quote']

Unreal. Even though we have zero chance of signing him, he would be an immense signing. You can afford to posture when you have scored 298 league goals in 481 games for clubs like Barca, Juve, AC & Inter Milan. He is still one of the Worlds Star Players - never blessed with huge pace so getting a bit older and slowing down hasn't done him much harm.

Would be a massive upgrade on Pelle. Financially 15m-20m a year in wages etc - again now a drop in the ocean for us with the TV deal, especially with all the extra exposure around the world it would give us.

But again, won't come here in a million years.

I'm sure I'm in the minority' date=' but I wouldn't want him here. Bad influence on the team despite his talent. Especially after just witnessing a team more than the sum of it's parts win the title. The thought of seeing Ibrahimovic strutting around demanding to take every free kick, posturing when he doesn't get a pass, celebrating his goals chest out running away from his team mates. Tosser, would rather watch Long week in week out than that man-bunned creep. As I said, I'm sure I'm a minority here, however the Man City fans were spot on with their 'you're just a **** Andy Carroll' song.[/quote']

No you are not alone in thinking this !

The guy is expensive and disruptive, team spirit could be destroyed in a heartbeat, wouldn't touch him with a bargepole !

"Spot on"? The guy has won 13 titles in the last 14 seasons. At the age of 34, this year, he has scored 45 goals in 48 games and has 16 assists.

He is not a **** Andy Carroll.

Totally agree....

There's no way he'd be taking every free kick when we already have the best free kick taker in the world.

How many houses did he buy in Winchester in the end? That rumour cropped up about 3 years in a row!!

Tbf, when Le Tissier tweeted at Owen that Saints need a striker (or something like that), he tweeted back saying "Open to offers". Pretty sure that was when we were in the Championship.

It was Martin O'Neill that kept buying all the houses in in Winchester!!!

The funniest thing will be that 50% of those posting are gonna look right embarrased when it either happens or does not happen. Friendships can often overcome any number of issues such as wages etc so I'm not ruling it out but would be as surprised as the Keegan signing if it does come off. Like others have sensibly said, the biggest concern is whether he would actually help or hinder dressing room harmony. Most clubs can handle (and possibly need) one massive ego.

"Spot on"? The guy has won 13 titles in the last 14 seasons. At the age of 34, this year, he has scored 45 goals in 48 games and has 16 assists.

He is not a **** Andy Carroll.

Okay, that's true, but he did look like a **** Andy Carroll against City, he really, really did. Granted he looked class against Chelsea, but hey the boy Shame has scored against both Chelsea and City this year, never vanishes!