Zlatan ......

Yorkshire Saint

Player/Coach replacing RK?

He would come a legend and leave a (* delete as applicable) *with all our money in a suitcase/ a broken team of ageing superstars in the championship/with Southampton as European champions and the city rivalling Madrid for weather and culture.

Are people still saying they don't want Zlatan here ??? I would bet that if he does come to the PL he will score 20+ next season but I read online that he has reportedly been offered £26M a year in China!

£2,166,666 a month ��

£72,222 a day ��

£3,009 an hour

That kind of money is nuts

I know it's easy to when you don't have £26million a year on the table but if he really is considering a move to China over Man United then it tells you all you need to know about this chump (if you didn't know already). It's hilarious that United are actually trying to sign a 35 year old target man who's played the last 4 years in one of the worst top division's in Europe - free transfer or not he's still going to cost an absolute fortune in wages and signing on fee with absolutely no resale value - good to see they aren't steering away from the 'quick fix' approach any time soon and will probably hang around the 4/5th mark for a few years yet.

I know it's easy to when you don't have £26million a year on the table but if he really is considering a move to China over Man United then it tells you all you need to know about this chump (if you didn't know already). It's hilarious that United are actually trying to sign a 35 year old target man who's played the last 4 years in one of the worst top division's in Europe - free transfer or not he's still going to cost an absolute fortune in wages and signing on fee with absolutely no resale value - good to see they aren't steering away from the 'quick fix' approach any time soon and will probably hang around the 4/5th mark for a few years yet.

you'll change your tune when he comes here...

Seems relatively sensible to me, one last big pay cheque before he retires. You could argue he has already earned more money than he will ever need but if someone offers him even more, good on him. Take it.

He hasn't exactly gone to the Winston Bogarde school of picking up easy money at the expense of actual game time. He has won the League in 12 of the last 13 years (he came second at Milan in 2011/12)

Reckon he's good for a couple of years, he doesn't exactly rely on pace. That said, I don't think they could play him and Rooney. If he's with Martial or Rashford it'd work well, and they'd learn a lot from him. I'd expect him to still get 20 goals in this league to be honest. France is a poor league but the premier league defences can be pretty generous too. With Mourinho and no CL football, wouldn't surprise me to see Man Utd win the thing next season, there's plenty of talent there, just needs a 3/4 good signings.

I think Utd will be closer to winning the title next season with Mourinho than City with Goardiola. Guardiola will need to adjust surely. Mourinho will be fired up and hungrier than ever. If Zlatan signs for Utd then I think they will be favourites to win, unless Arsenal actually sign the players they need this summer, in which case i think it will be close between those two.

Hang on we're not signing Zlatan now? Where is the ambition? Sack the board.

But his agent Mino Raiola has revealed that the 34-year-old has plenty of offers and that a move to United is far from a done deal.

Raoila told Swedish paper Expressen: "We have not decided anything yet. I think it will be a surprise in the end.

Its still on!

But his agent Mino Raiola has revealed that the 34-year-old has plenty of offers and that a move to United is far from a done deal.

Raoila told Swedish paper Expressen: "We have not decided anything yet. I think it will be a surprise in the end.

Its still on!

I watched his interview on Swedish TV. :smug:....His response was a no-brainer.. .I just hope he enjoys the rain in Manchester.....

Wasn't just the agent now, Zlatan himself said the same several months ago. At the Swedish presser, Zlatan said he has known for "some months" where he will be going and that all he has to do is press the button (waiting for RK to sign first?). That surely rules out MU, given that several months ago LvG was still about. The only thing he has said that kind of goes against a Saints move was his joking comment about football on Thursdays, otherwise anything is possible, maybe worth a punt.

His agent said as much, as he isn't going to cost a transfer fee, he can barter for more in wages. So if you think he'd probably ask for 200k p/w usually, he's probably after 300k p/w +.

There is no universe where we would ever pay a player that.

he is not going to sign for saints

please stop it lol

But this is a fun thread! I think we should collectively convinve ourselves he's coming, and then collectively convince ourselves he's not good enough when he doesn't.

We could call this the 'Everton Manager Model'.