Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

Defiantly didn't out think koeman, his team out fought us and wanted it as much as the bmuff fans wanted it

I'd rather have FDB or Emery, think the team needs a kudos manager that koeman was

At their place he did. Exploited the gaps in our 3-5-2 by doubling up down the flanks, dragging JWP and Romeu all over the place. Koeman's substitution of Yoshida and switch to a back four was a recognition of this. By the time he changed things, though, they were very much in control of the game.

Koeman is leaving because Everton have more ambition end of story... Wanyama, long, mane, van djk, clasie, pelle

All gone

Relegation fodder now lol

As long as you go too, it's worth the sacrifice

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

One good thing about Koeman leaving us is that Victor won't be continuously started no matter how he conducts himself, especially when we have Romeu who, for me, is better in almost everyway (bar strength).

You'll get your wish, most likely because Wanyama will be leaving too.

Koeman is leaving because Everton have more ambition end of story... Wanyama, long, mane, van djk, clasie, pelle

All gone

Van Dijk has just signed a 6 year contract, and for me I don't think the others have done enough this season to attract the interest of the clubs that would pay the money we will ask. Long has scored goals, but his composure is still an issue - the only real option for him is Everton, in which case we will get back most of what we paid for him (which was inflated to begin with). Having said that, the sooner we are rid of Victor the better.

All gone

Why's that funny? You must be a skate.

Fact is Mane and Wanyama were off anyway whatever manager we have as they have astronomical wage demands the likes of City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and United will only be able to afford if you want to stay inside your wage structure... Long wants to stay down south last I heard so think he'll stay, VVD just signed a 6 year deal, he'll stay. Clasie hasn't been brilliant can't see anyone paying what we'd want for him and Pelle was going anyway..

:spaz:

I would still argue that Koeman is a gentleman but you cannot really turn down that sort of money. Football is a fickle business and he could be out of a job in an instance as he knows from experience.

He is a good manager but it will be difficult for him at Everton, there will be higher expectations. Losing a striker who delivers potential 20 plus goals a season will be very hard to replace as will a good young defender. Part of his success with us was centred around the fact that he could cherry pick the Dutch league for the best players because he knew the league. He also found Mane through his Dutch management days. He cannot do that now so effectively and although he will try and poach some of our players historically we are reluctant to sell to former managers.

I think a lot of our fans are actually a bit underwhelmed with the appointment, they are just acting up on Twitter and Facebook.

Money talks a lot nowadays, and there is very little loyalty in football, so it didn't surprise me that he has decided on Everton. I don't really agree with the amount of money he is being paid, but I do think the manager should be paid more than the players, which has happened for many years at Everton.

You can guarentee that if things go the same way as our last manager then Ron will be straight out the door.

We are also going through a transition at the minute and appointing a DoF, which is a completely new thing for us.

Everton fans would love Van Dijk, but there was very little chance of you selling him before this happened, and zero chance now.

He may have higher expectations, but I've seen this said a lot lately abouy Everton fans and I actually think Everton fans and Saints fans want similar things for now....I think most fans just want us to cement ourselves as a top 5, 6 team again, then we can see what else we can achieve, maybe he feels Everton have more potential to break in to the top 4.

As you may have noticed, our last manager did not even coach defensive tactics, we have leaked in goals for 2 years, with arguably one of the most promising young defenders in Europe, so I hope Koeman can sort that out first.

My first choice would have been Pelligrini for us, I think he would be great for you.

Said this a few days ago' date=' but surely Woy will be the dream ticket once England get knocked out in the group stage? :)[/quote']

And the suicidal tendencies generated the first time you said it are no less now.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Van Dijk has just signed a 6 year contract, and for me I don't think the others have done enough this season to attract the interest of the clubs that would pay the money we will ask. Long has scored goals, but his composure is still an issue - the only real option for him is Everton, in which case we will get back most of what we paid for him (which was inflated to begin with). Having said that, the sooner we are rid of Victor the better.

Leicester are rumoured to have an interest in Shane if they lose Vardy

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Hi

Everton fan here, sorry to post on your forum.

I've seen a lot of gloating and ****e being posted by other Everton fans, so just thought I would say, we're not all like that.

Koeman wasn't the majority of the fans first choice for manager, but I do think he will be a good for Everton, albeit he is certainly going to use us as a stepping stone...some Everton fans are saying we are actually using him as a stepping stone, but we'll see how it pans out.

Southampton are in a similar position to Everton a few years back, breaking in to the top 5 or 6 (maybe even CL) but then you sell your best players (or in this case manager) and you then hit a ceiling.

Unfortunately Everton are now part of the group of clubs that seem to want to throw money at everything, I think this is the major reason behind Koeman coming to Everton. The 'bigger' club shout is a non argument really, I'm not even sure what that means, history means nothing if you're not achieving anything right now...and we haven't won anything in over 21 years.

Always enjoy the away days to St Mary's and hopefully Southampton can go on to appoint another great manager and keep rustling the feathers of the top 4 or 5. I would say stay a million miles away from Martinez if I were you.... I personally think Pelligrini or Howe would be great appointments.

An Everton fan without a chip on their shoulder! We should have you stuffed and hung in the wall!

All fair points you've made there, for my money. Sucks that it's Everton behind it though, it's more a Liverpool or spurs tactic, but hey ho life goes on.

All gone

I'm glad we all don't think that or else I would be slitting my wrists.

I don't want him here now anyway. This can only end one way, and that's with his departure.

What's that based on? Newspaper and agent talk. We don't know the truth of the situation or circumstances. He may have wished to honour his last year of his contract but Saints didn't want that as they may have wanted a longer committment.

What's that based on? Newspaper and agent talk. We don't know the truth of the situation or circumstances. He may have wished to honour his last year of his contract but Saints didn't want that as they may have wanted a longer committment.

Koeman wants to go, and is going, to Everton.

Might as well just move on rather than looking for things that probably aren't there.

Saints haven't actively sold him to Everton, he has said he wants to go there.

I don't want him here now anyway. This can only end one way, and that's with his departure.

As soon as he was prepared to talk to Everton is the moment you knew his heart wasn't in it here. If he changed his mind or it fell through with Everton he'd still have to leave Southampton anyway.

Edited by doddisalegend

As soon as he was prepared to talk to Everton is the moment you knew his heart wasn't in it here. If changed his mind or it fell through with Everton he'd still have to leave Southampton anyway.

Yes, that's my view . We need a manager that's committed to Saints for the two seasons , not one that wants to talk to other clubs to see if anything better is on the table .

Methinks a lot of our current players would be mightily underwhelmed with Howe.

Players' impressions only matter from day one of training. Few if any of our team would have even heard of Pochettino when he arrived (and many were concerned when Adkins was sacked) but he won them over immediately.

It's potential players which matter. Koeman's appointment made a difference in 2014 and someone like Emery or de Boer would do the same again this time.

Edited by DuncanRG

Players' impressions only matter from day one of training. Few if any of our team will have heard of Pochettino were arrived but he won them over immediately.

You're assuming they intend turning up for training for the first day under EH/AVB/FDB/AOF* rather than bail out beforehand of course.

*any other f^cker.

You're assuming they intend turning up for training for the first day under EH/AVB/FDB/AOF* rather than bail out beforehand of course.

*any other f^cker.

I'm not sure any of our players are as wedded to Koeman as some were to Pochettino.

I have quoted this a couple of times. The story I heard a couple of months ago was we were going to hold talks with RK about his contract. If he wasnt prepared to extend it we were going to give him the heave ho. Firstly it shows lack of commitment and would not fit in with our long term plans. The package we were going to offer would have included a considerable pay rise and a reduction of our sell big, buy cheap policy.

Dont forget we have already given players really good new contracts. I have also heard Pelle doesnt want leave, Mane and Wanyama are open to good deals to stay.

I never claim to be ITK but this is a very good source.

I'm not sure any of our players are as wedded to Koeman as some were to Pochettino.

Classie & Pelle aside you may be right, although I'd be a bit concerned if VVD (6yr contract or not) sees workinhgunder a Dutch legend as beneficial to his development.

FF - might depend if Dave WAtson also goes to Everton.

Of the others, they may be more inclined to rejoin RK once they know the ££ on offfer from their mega budget.

Interesting how so many now claim that Korman is average and will fail at Everton even with better financial backing .

I got shouted down for not rating him during his time with us ...

His perceived lack of loyalty ( its just a job ) has certainly enabled many posters to try and rewrite history .

So which is it ? Is he now an average manager or is he amazing ?

Personally I'm quite intrigued who we may end up with even though I have little faith in the board . Am interested what this new direction is though as I think we have gone as far as our funding can allow .

Never a dull moment with Saints

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Just a gentle poke at DoomMongerCaM

Oh dear Pancake - seems your poking was a bit premature eh? For what it's worth, my little bit of hashtag fun was not doom mongering - let's face it, we've changed managers and players, seen meltdown's galore and guess what...we always come up smelling of roses. Wonder why that is?

A last thought - I really wanted to see Koeman stay, but it seems one of the strategy elements of the club is not to allow complacency...not allow any one person coerce the project away from the project plan. With this in mind, the story from some on here that the Board wanted Koeman out seem pretty close to the truth.

Interesting how so many now claim that Korman is average and will fail at Everton even with better financial backing .

His perceived lack of loyalty ( its just a job ) has certainly enabled many posters to try and rewrite history .

Personally I'm quite intrigued who we may end up with even though I have little faith in the board . Am interested what this new direction is though as I think we have gone as far as our funding can allow .

Its just you that`s dull, still you will be out of posts for the day soon ....

'Re-writing history ?' Never !

I thought this much of last season. I seem to recall a video on YouTube which practically stated/admitted this to be the case.

I hope Erwin decides not to follow

i did actually have a brief fantasy wher we appointed Erwin as our next manager, and it turned out that he was actually the true mastermind all along. I love to dream

I thought this much of last season. I seem to recall a video on YouTube which practically stated/admitted this to be the case.

I hope Erwin decides not to follow

Also RK said he liked to be in the background whereas he (RK) had a much bigger ego and was more ambitious. Id be happy if he stayed.

i did actually have a brief fantasy wher we appointed Erwin as our next manager, and it turned out that he was actually the true mastermind all along. I love to dream

Wasnt there an article in which Ronald Said that he would only work with his brother in future. That if you took him, you took them both?

Would Everton be willing to pay compensation for both. (or all 3 if Jan in involved as well)

Not to mention if they are to pay RK the reported amount, how much does it stretch things when your brothers wage potentially may not significantly change?