Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

Seeing some speculation on here about who Koeman will take with him... The players who liked him signed contracts tying them down, and thus would cost a large portion of Everton's new found wealth, or had beef with him (Tadic, Mane). Wanyama and Mane are still definitely off though, if they can find anyone who thinks they are worth as much as they have convinced themselves they are [emoji38]

Need to tie down Bertrand and Shane long though. Both clubs on Merseyside have problems at left back. :rolleyes:

Bertrand does have 3 years left on his contract though.

I am sure if Stones left Everton that RK would think about VVD but it would cost them close to £40m I would think so wouldn't be that worried.

Maybe Tadic might extend his contract which would please everyone apart from Duncan the Historian lad.

Hello lads, Everton fan and FFP expert here in peace.

So it looks like this is a goer then? What are your honest thoughts? Thought he did a good job and I like Saints.

What are your thoughts also on the Mersey Billionaires and our new finances pushing FFP to the limit.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Bizzaro.

Aren't you from Smallville? :lol:

So it looks like this is a goer then? What are your honest thoughts? Thought he did a good job and I like Saints.

What are your thoughts also on the Mersey Billionaires and our new finances pushing FFP to the limit.

Bizzaro.

How are Everton going to work £100m net spend through their accounts without incurring UEFA sanctions?

Bizzaro.

It's Saturday night. Get a life. Not that I can talk

Bizzaro.

Personally I think you will struggle to attract the calibre of players that your new owner thinks his money will buy, because you will be competing directly against other mega-money clubs who can offer them European football next season on top of the same kind of wages you will be offering.

That is nonsense,I thought Bournemouth won the championship, something Adkins never did with bigger resources. Howe is a great manager, and odes have great loyalty. I doubt he would come to us anyway,

I could be wrong but didn't he only go there when they had investment?

Also he bailed on Burnley. Doubt they thought he was very loyal.

We can do better than howe Imo.

Personally I think you will struggle to attract the calibre of players that your new owner thinks his money will buy, because you will be competing directly against other mega-money clubs who can offer them European football next season on top of the same kind of wages you will be offering.

they plan to be the biggest club in the country. They arent even the biggest team in their park FFS

lets say Lukaku leaves.

Stones is potentially good

Coleman is good

Besic is decent

McCarthy is decent

Delefeu is decent

Barkley has loads of potential

couple of other decent young players coming through

Miralles should be a lot better than he has been

Their keepers are crap

Baines is not any good anymore

Cleverley ffs

Kone crap

Lennon crap

That striker they paid £13m for and who no one ever sees

Gibson crap

Barry - decent but way too old, legs have gone

Funes Mori is shyt

they have clearly under-achieved but there is some way to go (and serious money) to compete for top 4 with liverpool without Europe, Chelsea, Peps City, Spurs, Arsenal and a Mourinho united....all of which will buy - at worst - as good a player as everton.

to think, they are apparently miles bigger than us so top 6 (3 points from the champions league) has to be the bare minimum for them this season for Ron to keep his job

Bizzaro.

Honest opinion is that Koeman is an uninspiring manager who benefited from Southampton's recruitment system, which did not come within his remit. Everton are welcome to him. He's likely to be a costly flop.

Honest opinion is that Koeman is an uninspiring manager who benefited from Southampton's recruitment system, which did not come within his remit. Everton are welcome to him. He's likely to be a costly flop.

Seriously mate just completely mental.

Lot of bitterness here guys, I didn't poach him.

There's no bitterness. Just objective assessment of your situation compared with ours.

Saints are in a good, sustainable place. Improving every season, despite changes. Living within their means.

Fantastic training facilities, modern stadium, outstanding Academy (we were getting worried that Koeman isn't that good at developing Academy players, so good luck with that)

Qualified for Europa in consecutive seasons, only missing CL by 3 points.

The club is bigger than any individual. Our structure and planning will ensure smooth transition and progress. We have a carefully constructed team working together. Not a collection of overpaid individuals, which you could be in danger if collecting with a spend, spend, spend approach.

Yes, you've got Koeman. But don't ever think that he's moved for anything buy money. In every other way it's a backwards step for him.

I know where I'd rather be.

Good luck. You'll need it.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

I'm sure Koeman had nothing to do with us signing Pelle, Tadic, VVD and Clasie.

Jeez, whatever ****ty way he has left give him some credit, he did a fantastic job.

We move on, but no need to rewrite history.

There's no bitterness. Just objective assessment of your situation compared with ours.

Saints are in a good, sustainable place. Improving every season, despite changes. Living within their means.

Fantastic training facilities, modern stadium, outstanding Academy (we were getting worried that Koeman isn't that good at developing Academy players, so good luck with that)

Qualified for Europa in consecutive seasons, only missing CL by 3 points.

The club is bigger than any individual. Our structure and planning will ensure smooth transition and progress. We have a carefully constructed team working together. Not a collection of overpaid individuals, which you could be in danger if collecting with a spend, spend, spend approach.

Yes, you've got Koeman. But don't ever think that he's moved for anything buy money. In every other way it's s backwards step.

I know where I'd rather be.

Good luck. You'll need it.

In fairness, Everton have a very good academy as well. I know because my 13-year-old nephew is in it.

I'm certainly looking forward to Everton winning the Champions League in two years time. They're going to be MASSIVE don't you know?

Better start with being the biggest team within a one mile radius first I guess... Good luck Ronald.

True, but how well has Ron been at bringing Academy players through!

I get your point. And with the quoted amount that Moshiri plans to splash out on new signings, I very much doubt any of their up-and-coming stars are going to break through to the first team anytime soon with Koeman in charge. Unless of course they have true star quality like Rooney did when he made the grade for them.

I've made my peace with it, he's gone. And i dont even blame reed or anyone else since they cant stop him if he wants to go and get filthy rich. The actual time to bash the board IMO would be when/if they sign a p*ss poor excuse for a replacement. Then it'll be crystal clear that all the talk of ambition and champs league is b*llsh*t of the highest order.

Thought Koeman was a man of his word to be honest, I believed he would honour his last year..... the money was too tempting :(
Whilst it is ultimately Koemans decision I'm sure money came into it. His wages and our compensation

Lot of bitterness here guys, I didn't poach him.

Have to consider your motives coming on here at this point? What do you honestly expect us to say?

No problem with Everton or their fans but you're not barca. I think most of us actually believed Roko was a man of his word and we did not expect him to push for a move unless it was to a major European player.

The man clearly has no ambition and has cashed in his chips whilst they still have some value. I think we have just witnessed the zenith of his managerial career and from now on it's all downhill for him.

Meh, not too bothered. We are a tremendous prospect in a strong position and I look forward to playing some scintillating attacking football where we tear other teams apart rather than boring them to death.

The man clearly has no ambition and has cashed in his chips whilst they still have some value. I think we have just witnessed the zenith of his managerial career and from now on it's all downhill for him.

Meh, not too bothered. We are a tremendous prospect in a strong position and I look forward to playing some scintillating attacking football where we tear other teams apart rather than boring them to death.

Completely agree, but is waiting a year or two really that difficult? Really easy job for him had he stayed. All he had to do was keep us in the top 8/7 maybe a good cup run all the while he'd be verging on a move to barca or arse or some other big shot.

Completely agree, but is waiting a year or two really that difficult? Really easy job for him had he stayed. All he had to do was keep us in the top 8/7 maybe a good cup run all the while he'd be verging on a move to barca or arse or some other big shot.

i'm sorry but i do think he has a better chance of top 8 with everton than with us next season, but my opinion of this would change depending on transfers and recruitments.

my reason for it is that with europa league commitments top 8 is an ask, albeit not impossible

Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Leicester, Everton, WHU and us... these are the top 10 clubs for next season, without mentioning the likes of stoke and swansea

Thought Koeman was a man of his word to be honest, I believed he would honour his last year..... the money was too tempting :(

But he was a man of his word. He said Saints had to be ambitious. He said Saints had to show ambition. He said that loads of times. We weren't ambitious enough for what he was asking. So he was true to the consequences of that.

I think it is right that we must live within our means. Kat has made that a condition. And we don't want to end up like the skates.

So it is difficult. We have come a long way in a short time and done wonders. Everyone of our managers has played their part into taking us where we are now. We have benefited from the Poches as much as from the Pardews and Adkins. Each has moved us on. But this is a new era of greed and ambition paid for by superrich corporations and billionaires who did not get where they are by being nice. It is a modern tragedy that football has been seduced and corrupted by money. Thank goodness Kat is level-headed and insists on keeping SFC on an even keel.

I don't think that Koeman has been unduly dishonest. He has played and worked at the top of the game. He is talented, wants to be the best and life is short. Who in his position would not have done the same?

It is not the end of the world. We move on. And at least we won't have a lame duck manager to blame now.

Is this saying Koeman(or his representatives) and Everton haven't spoken or that a deal hasn't been agreed? Either way it's clearly only a matter of time anyway.
(google translation adapted by me)

There is by no means a personal deal between Ronald Koeman and Everton , let his agent Rob Jansen be known on Saturday.

According to the representative , all the stories concerning an agreement of the Southampton coach with the club from Liverpool are premature.

" That's really not the case. First, the clubs must have agreed . Then we get back into action," said Jansen.

"I can not say whether his brother Erwin will go along as an assistant . That's all still premature now . Let's just quietly wait if the clubs come to an agreement. "

Southampton would receive around five million euros for the departure of the 53 -year-old Dutchman . His brother Erwin Koeman is already being assistant at Southampton.

This. He knew that it was odds on that next season we would finish lower so he's cashed in whilst he can. Can't blame him to be honest, football management is a fickle game. Fact is if he had stayed and we were in the relegation zone after a few months next season he would probably be fired and wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting a Premier League job let alone as Everton's manager.

At Everton he can spend more, earn more and finish lower than he did this year and still be considered a success. To be honest I think exactly that will happen, he's not a great manager, he's a decent manager who's worked at an outstanding setup. At Everton he will be a decent manager at a basket case of a club - will be sacked after 1 season.

I think you'll find most Saints fans took Koeman at his word when he said he would see out his contract last week. Obviously you knew better.

But as I write it has not been reported that he has actually yet agreed terms with Everton. This means that (although unlikely) this could fall through and he could still be Saints manager seeing out his contract. Would that still be alright?

Can't we make him sit in the stands for a year?

Not really practical with Ronald but I'd like to see us stick Erwin on enforced gardening leave (assuming he's on a similar contract and Ron wants him at Goodison).

No Erwin you don't have permission to speak to Everton. Ask us again in 2017.

We can afford to be petty here and there.

About 10 yrs ago i was in a traffic jam at the docks the big M&S on one side of me, about 9am it was. This bint came running between the 2 lanes of traffic not a stitch on like she was training for the 800m - tits and hairy quim in full view. I delivered the compressor turned around and went back to worcestershire where I live wondering if it made the news in Southampton.

Odd first experience of your fair city.

Sell Lukaku + £100m kitty? I like how Everton's solution to their problems is to throw money at it. They don't need to look much further than across Stanley Park to see what a good strategy that is.

Think about the money Liverpool got for Suarez and Sterling and they ****ed it all away in two years - from 2nd place and CL to 8th place and no European football. They are basically starting over.

I guess you could argue Koeman would be a good start for them, as he has a history of doing more with less, but sometimes when you have more it makes you lazy. You don't have to think, you don't have to be resourceful, the money will take care of it. Hmmmm.

Does Ronald have a history of knowing how to spend a lot of money wisely? Liverpool discovered that Rodgers didn't.

About 10 yrs ago i was in a traffic jam at the docks the big M&S on one side of me, about 9am it was. This bint came running between the 2 lanes of traffic not a stitch on like she was training for the 800m - tits and hairy quim in full view. I delivered the compressor turned around and went back to worcestershire where I live wondering if it made the news in Southampton.

Odd first experience of your fair city.

That will be Mad Doris

5 stages of Grief -

Denial - it's only in the fcking Mirror, fck me look at those odds tumble

Anger - the lying bastard

Bargaining - go on put one extra carrot on, cheers

Depression - nah Saintsweb will always make things seem better

Acceptance - got there in a couple of days I think.