• Højbjerg
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Redmond
    • Austin
    • Martina
    • Long
    • Ward-Prowse

Decent match today which we really should have got all 3 points from. Still, happy with a draw away at Leicester; that's more than we usually get there, and I would have taken it if offered before the match.

This run of clean sheets is very impressive, but also very much needed as (against West Ham aside) we are still struggling to click in front of goal. I may have said this before but, I really wish we had signed one more decent striker in the summer. I know Boufal has yet to play and it was unfortunate (but not very surprising) that JRod picked up an injury. However, we knew from the beginning that Boufal was unlikely to feature much before the end of October, and it remains to be seen if he does or how well he performs when he eventually gets on the pitch.

Still, this is the post-match thread and we did well today. A shame Charlie's shot came back off of the post and that his lob wasn't quite high enough to beat the 'keeper.

Romeu was a beast and by far my MoM.

Very much a reality check, the players who played in Israel were clearly jaded mentally and not that great physically and this impacted the whole team.

Let's give a massive shout for Oriol Romeu who was simply outstanding all afternoon

Erm...

A bit ? :lol:

Youve just won the understatement of the year award for that description of him ;)

Hmm... Alpine is right we are short of a consistent and recognised striker since we sold Pelle. But, hey, lets not allow facts to get in the way of an unwarranted attack on a poster that is prepared to say it as it is !

Hmm... Alpine is right we are short of a consistent and recognised striker since we sold Pelle. But, hey, lets not allow facts to get in the way of an unwarranted attack on a poster that is prepared to say it as it is !

If 5 goals in 5 games isn't consistent what is ?

You're more than aware that CA was purchased because every man and his dog knew Pelle was leaving but that doesn't suit your agenda you colossal cu_nt.

Still backing Saints for 17th ?

You're more than aware that CA was purchased because every man and his dog knew Pelle was leaving but that doesn't suit your agenda you colossal cu_nt.

You're not wrong there VFTT. colossal cu_nt also applies to Alpine and to Heisen p r i c k and the emerging larry12. I was told football message boards were full of some very strange people many years ago. How right they were!

Just compared the results from the first 7 fixtures against the same 7 fixtures last season. We're two points worse off from the same games. Not too shabby.

Watford (H) L/Y Won 2-0 T/Y Drew 1-1

Man Utd (A) L/Y Won 0-1 T/Y Lost 2-0

Sunderland (H) L/Y Drew 1-1 T/Y Drew 1-1

Arsenal (A) L/Y Drew 0-0 T/Y Lost 2-1

Swansea (H) L/Y Won 3-1 T/Y Won 1-0

West Ham (A) L/Y Lost 2-1 T/Y Won 0-3

Leicester (A) L/Y Lost 1-0 T/Y Drew 0-0

L/Y T/Y

11Pts 9Pts

Romeu mom by country mile. Good to see Fonte have v good game also

Worth re-posting this. The Radio Solent commentary praised Romeu but having just seen him on MotD2 it was a brilliant performance highlighted by the pundits. Deserves a call-up by Spain although for selfish reasons I'd rather he gets a well-earned rest.

MOTD 2 very complimentary about us again. Once more they asked the question about how many times we can keep on losing star players and then replace them and carry on as if nothing happened. Tonight it was Romeu singled out for praise. I can't wait for Boufal to start to impress as Mane's replacement.

MOTD 2 very complimentary about us again. Once more they asked the question about how many times we can keep on losing star players and then replace them and carry on as if nothing happened. Tonight it was Romeu singled out for praise. I can't wait for Boufal to start to impress as Mane's replacement.

It's an utterly stupid question as every team is going to finish "lower" at some point, whatever your strategy is. Even if we'd kept Mane, Pelle and Wanyama it would have been a monumental ask to finish top 6 again.

maybe its just me but I really feel sorry for Morgan, I know how ready he thought he was for man u (and he probs still cdjft) in his first interview for them and how out of our league he must of thought he was in his last season with us, and now being basically non existent in a team full of 90 mil players, getting less game time than a 30+ year old carrick who everyone thought was done there. what is he? FIFTH in the pecking order? come on, that such a huge shame such a talent is just rotting there.

You are kidding, right? Do you seriously think Premier League defenders will just stand there like statues and admire his skills as he jinks his way through? Yeah, right!

Sadly, you are building up expectations that cannot be realised.

Did you see Whams goal at the weekend?

Is there any reason why there's no MOTM poll in games we don't win?

Someone at the game said "Romeu should have scored" - when was that? Austin should have done better with his second half chance but it seemed to me that thought Schmeichel was going to go down - not unreasonable and under those circumstances a chip would have been good. I found JWP's miss to be worse. I know it was his first touch (or close to it), but blasting it over showed a total lack of composure.

Being stuck in Israel until Friday morning was hardly ideal preparation for this fixture, so a point is decent, but agree with the sentiment that we edged the game (although to be honest, we weren't exactly camped in their box) and can feel a bit disappointed we didn't take all three.

The most encouraging thing for me is that the players seem to have got to grips with the new formation which a few weeks back looked like it might never happen. That win against Swansea really was crucial! Where will Boufal fit in? I hope alongside, rather than instead of, Tadic!

Metro PL team of the week. One saints player ...... VVD . Guess they didn't watch the game yesterday ( VVD is a great player but poor yesterday)

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/03/premier-league-team-of-the-week-dele-alli-gary-cahill-and-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-feature-6166804/

Sky gave it to Davis ?? He had a good game for sure but Romeu was streets ahead of anyone else on the pitch

Interesting because the Solent taters were adamant Forster was injured during the game and was struggling to move or kick by the end of the game.

Having seen us concede to Leicester and drop 2 points at St Mary's due to a useless Kelvin kick straight to one of their players last season, I was a tad surprised to see Forster do the same - that and Van Dijk's backpass could probably go down to recovery after Israel.

maybe its just me but I really feel sorry for Morgan, I know how ready he thought he was for man u (and he probs still cdjft) in his first interview for them and how out of our league he must of thought he was in his last season with us, and now being basically non existent in a team full of 90 mil players, getting less game time than a 30+ year old carrick who everyone thought was done there. what is he? FIFTH in the pecking order? come on, that such a huge shame such a talent is just rotting there.

Agreed, it's such a shame. Was an absolute force for us- I remember when we won at Stamford Bridge he made Matic look amateur. I was devastated when he left. Would love to see him back but if not hope he finds a club/manager that appreciates him.

Alpine is right, only Austin looks remotely likely to score. How many more times are Prowse and Davis going to hold their heads in their hands when they both constantly miss open goal opportunities? 2 years, me3 years. Get rid in Jan! Redmond runs west to east every game and managers not wery much. Boring game to watch.

and a boring post to read. Congrats.

Bertrand and forster in the England squad

Bertrand really is a far better player than I gave him credit for. He makes the game look easy but is one of our best weapons going forward. A good example was when he sucked Mahrez in with a subtle drop of the shoulder then put the afterburners on forcing the foul in a very dangerous area just outside the box. Tadic apart, I thought with Mane's departure we would be seriously lacking in players that can create something from nothing, but he is another that can do something other than simple passing.

Decent display and we seem to be full of confidence. Thought we would have been worthy winners. Enjoying the fact we are controlling games through possession. I thought those days were over. I wonder if we can do the same when we play the very top sides.

I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinions.

In that vein, my opinion of yourself and Alpine based on your posts on here is that you're both miserable bell-ends. That, or actually rather brilliant wind up merchants.

In that vein, my opinion of yourself and Alpine based on your posts on here is that you're both miserable bell-ends. That, or actually rather brilliant wind up merchants.

You and I clearly have vastly differing definitions of the word brilliant. Tragic, tedious or predictable would have been more apt.

Definitely wum's but it works for them .... they must lmfao as they haul in their net, full of indignant replies.

Larry 12 however, is a skate ....they're dead easy to spot, they have the grammar level of a two year old rhesus monkey.

You're not wrong there VFTT. colossal cu_nt also applies to Alpine and to Heisen p r i c k and the emerging larry12. I was told football message boards were full of some very strange people many years ago. How right they were!

Internet troll personally insults someone with a different opinion to him! Shocker!. Does your mum know that you are a bit of a nasty type hiding behind your keyboard?

I hope Boufal has the odd 40 goals in him, cos Austin can't do it all. Alpine opines(see what I did there) that only Austin knows where the goal is, at the moment. That is a fact currently.

Internet troll personally insults someone with a different opinion to him! Shocker!. Does your mum know that you are a bit of a nasty type hiding behind your keyboard?

I hope Boufal has the odd 40 goals in him, cos Austin can't do it all. Alpine opines(see what I did there) that only Austin knows where the goal is, at the moment. That is a fact currently.

That is not a fact Gosport, our last 2 goals were scored by JWP and Tadic, so Alpine opines wrong.

Definitely wum's but it works for them .... they must lmfao as they haul in their net, full of indignant replies.

Larry 12 however, is a skate ....they're dead easy to spot, they have the grammar level of a two year old rhesus monkey.

And an extra toe or two!

Bertrand really is a far better player than I gave him credit for. He makes the game look easy but is one of our best weapons going forward. A good example was when he sucked Mahrez in with a subtle drop of the shoulder then put the afterburners on forcing the foul in a very dangerous area just outside the box. Tadic apart, I thought with Mane's departure we would be seriously lacking in players that can create something from nothing, but he is another that can do something other than simple passing.

Decent display and we seem to be full of confidence. Thought we would have been worthy winners. Enjoying the fact we are controlling games through possession. I thought those days were over. I wonder if we can do the same when we play the very top sides.

You mean like the current PL champions? ;)

Trying his best to avoid a call up into the shambles that England have become.

...and all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put Humpty together again.

There is also a rumour on Twitter this morning that Ryan's tattoos have started to smudge and may need urgent remedial work that could prevent him travelling as well......

Great point away from home and we wanted the win more agaist the champions of England.

Puel has won me over he changed his system to a 433 and then does the diamond now towards the end which I am fine with the recent results show a top 8 finish can be achieved again and I really hope we can get into the knock out stages of EL and the SF or Final of the league cup.

Sadly this international break has come at a bad time for us, Beat Burnley and Sunderland and I will be calling for Puel to be given the key to the city :)

It's an utterly stupid question as every team is going to finish "lower" at some point, whatever your strategy is. Even if we'd kept Mane, Pelle and Wanyama it would have been a monumental ask to finish top 6 again.

It's all relative. What they mean, is that by losing star players with the regularity that we have, they anticipated a drop in our league position of several paces, a fall into the bottom half of the table. That might still happen of course, with injuries or suspension to key players, but on the face of it although it is early days, we are confounding some who thought that after a slow start, this might be the season where the strategy fell apart.

Once again, it is arguable that Pelle, Mane and Wanyama are not being missed because Romeu and Hojbjerg deputise well in midfield, Austin, Long and maybe Rodriguez could produce the goals that Pelle did and Boufal could prove to be a match for Mane. Who knows what Redmond adds and where, but he certainly adds additional options.

This team is right there at the moment where they were under Koeman last year with the same results and points, not quite as potent in attack, but compensated for by being meaner in defence.