The January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

SuperSAINT

Will anyone else feel a bit shortchanged if it's just the Italian striker, Tasci on loan and the young French GK?
Shortchanged? I'm sure if you told people at the start of the window that we'd be signing 3 players they'd be delighted, and that's before the VVD injury. I don't know much about Tasci but he has decent pedigree, and will add to the experience of the defence in Virgil's absence. That leaves Maya and Tasci as first choice and Stephens and Gardos as the back ups. I can live with that for this season. The keeper is young and back up while McCarthy recovers from injury, and Gabbiadini will add to the attacking options with versatility. In a season where we're unlikely to finish in the top 7, and unlikely to get relegated, and really have one game left that truly matters, I'd say those signings plug some vital gaps.

@DeanJonesBR: Burnley closing in on Hull full-back Andy Robertson, a £10m offer to be accepted

I can't believe how much Hull are selling their jewels. Surely relegation favourites? Livermore, Snodgrass, Robertson and also no Mason. That's some loss.

So potentially we have 3 incoming: Gaba, Tasci and that french keeper

Not good enough get another two :)

With seemingly long term injuries to Austin, VvD and McCarthy the potential signing of the 3 mentioned players would give us a position of status quo in the squad. Cue....

With seemingly long term injuries to Austin, VvD and McCarthy the potential signing of the 3 mentioned players would give us a position of status quo in the squad. Cue....

Well we have been 'shopping all over the world' but at least we are not going 'down, down' !

:)

SSN: Chelsea are interested in signing Celtic striker Moussa Dembele – but it may cost then £40m to secure a move to Stamford Bridge.

We understand Celtic are extremely reluctant to sell in this window and would not consider a bid below £40m.

that is a lot of wedge. You'd need to be very sure he is the real deal before spending that kind of money on a player plying his trade in Scotland. That kind of money counts us out.

that is a lot of wedge. You'd need to be very sure he is the real deal before spending that kind of money on a player plying his trade in Scotland. That kind of money counts us out.

His move to Celtic was a tremendous career move IMO.

A move the Chelsea would be the complete opposite.

Sakho would be signing of the window. Bizarre Klopp and Liverpool can't resolve issues. Would be great addition.

I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but there seems very little interest from Premiership sides. The likes of Sunderland and Palace seem desperate to sign new players yet they don't seem to be linked with him. Maybe its his wages or maybe they just don't think he's not worth the risk.

His move to Celtic was a tremendous career move IMO.

A move the Chelsea would be the complete opposite.

No better club to go to as a striker to improve your reputation. You are right going to Chelsea would seem a strange move whist Costa is there. We would actually be the ideal choice as he could effectively be first choice right from the off.

The fountain of knowledge Alex Crook says he now expects us to listen to offers for J rod. Clueless or is this possible?

Not now. Was an interesting link I posted in the Rodriguez thread a little further down if you want a read.

Tell ya what, I'll link it here: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-transfers-summer-swoop-12528206

Not now. Was an interesting link I posted in the Rodriguez thread a little further down if you want a read.

Tell ya what, I'll link it here: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-transfers-summer-swoop-12528206

7 clubs wanted Jay in the summer and Wba was his first choice? How terrible must the other teams have been then !? :lol:

I really can't say that I'm impressed at the prospect of him joining Saints. Every time I saw him play for Liverpool, I thought he was rather average. I hope I'm proved wrong.

That's how I feel.

When the big clubs discard players like this do they ever come good when they join another Premiership side?

Thought we were getting the German CB

We probably are. Any deal would need to be fairly advanced at this stage so sure that one is going nicely behind the scenes.

Bit of a different deadline day to any other January one in ages.

Interesting link this as he's 20 and not first choice at Brum, so is one for the future for them never mind us. He's very raw, but quick. Brum play 3 CBs and wing backs, so it must be tricky for Saints scouts to evaluate how he would fit into our rigid four at the back system. In the games I have seen him play he crossed a half decent ball and perhaps reminded me of a very young Clyne, although that might be stretching things. They let Caddis go recently, so he might get more chances, although I think Spectre is ahead of him and new signing Nsue might jump to the front of the right back queue.

Edited by Chez

That has total panic buy written all over it - hoping this is just agent talk

Hes been offered to all Premier league clubs and Hull and Swansea were interested at £5m

Agent then tried to get some Spurs hype/ hope once Vertonghen was injured

This guy was loaned out to Sampdoria and now cant get anywhere near the Inter starting 11 despite injuries.

Think hes been on the bench for last 20 odd games and got on once or twice in last 5 minutes

let hull take him

@SkyKaveh: Inter Milan defender Andrea Ranocchia has agreed deal to move on loan to Hull City.

Flying to England tonight. Medical tomorrow.

Phew

Oriol Romeu, Ryan Bertrand?

Good point. Maybe I should have stipulated other than Chelsea. As Dr Zeus says, someone comfortable with the ball is preferable and I'd say that was essential within our current framework. That makes me wonder if there is any interest at all from us.