The January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

SuperSAINT

Starting to wonder if Forster is carrying and injury & Mccarthy's injury is much more severe than initially seemed.

Otherwise seems a crazy move to be bringing in another keeper.

Whoever recommended signing Taylor needs kicking out if he's not good enough to even play in the game we deliberately threw against his old club.

Perhaps the club see him as a replacement for Gazzaniga, and long term Forster replacement..

Will anyone else feel a bit shortchanged if it's just the Italian striker, Tasci on loan and the young French GK?

Why? That would be a virtual club record signing in a window that the Club usually do very little business as its not good value and usually a sign the summer recruitment wasn't sufficient.

What do you expect exactly?!

Incredibly underwhelmed with the signing of this goalkeeper. A height of 1.85m is too short.

Only 3cm smaller than Lloris.

To be honest I've no idea if this chap is any good or not but I don't think height is the most important indicator of his ability.

Incredibly underwhelmed with the signing of this goalkeeper. A height of 1.85m is too short.

I was right behind the goal at the Burnley game and the difference in height between Forster and Heaton was huge nut IMO Heaton is the better keeper.

Why? That would be a virtual club record signing in a window that the Club usually do very little business as its not good value and usually a sign the summer recruitment wasn't sufficient.

What do you expect exactly?!

You're probably right; January window, traditionally not a time to recruit heavily. Just the same, I was probably hoping for Sakho to come in at a reduced fee, in part paid for by Fonte's move, and given the growing realisation that Romeu is holding our midfield together - Davo getting older and picking up a few more knocks, I would be looking at a midfield reinforcement and then there's the lack of knowledge about Gabbiadini and what he can bring.

A Prem player got a move after telling his boss he was 'f****** clueless' in front of the team in training. That's one way to do it.

above posted on twitter by Alan nixon got to be fonte

I'd probably go with Patrick Van Aanholt vs. David Moyes if I was a betting man.

Serdar Tasci due for Southampton medical today

SIMON JONES: Serdar Tasci is due to have a medical at Southampton today. The 29-year-old has had late interest from other Premier League clubs but is expected to link up with Claude Puel.

Southampton are looking to sign Nice goalkeeper Mouez Hassen also today and remain in talks with Napoli over Manolo Gabbiadini with the Italians pushing for £17m in one payment.

Southampton have offered £13.5m plus £3.5m in add-ons and ten per cent sell-on. Gabbiadini has already agreed to join Southampton if the clubs can agree on the fee this morning.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4170922/Transfer-news-LATEST-Man-United-Arsenal-Chelsea-LFC.html#ixzz4XF2T2I23

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Serdar Tasci due for Southampton medical today

SIMON JONES: Serdar Tasci is due to have a medical at Southampton today. The 29-year-old has had late interest from other Premier League clubs but is expected to link up with Claude Puel.

Southampton are looking to sign Nice goalkeeper Mouez Hassen also today and remain in talks with Napoli over Manolo Gabbiadini with the Italians pushing for £17m in one payment.

Southampton have offered £13.5m plus £3.5m in add-ons and ten per cent sell-on. Gabbiadini has already agreed to join Southampton if the clubs can agree on the fee this morning.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4170922/Transfer-news-LATEST-Man-United-Arsenal-Chelsea-LFC.html#ixzz4XF2T2I23

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It'll be good to get a much needed CB in, however I do feel that if VVD injury is as bad as reported, we need another.

Tasci - cover for VVD

someone else - Fonte replacement

Following Saturday, I don't think we'll see Gardos in a saints shirt again and Stephens didn't fill me with confidence either (granted he was class at Liverpool, so happy to give him benefit of the doubt).

Another transfer masterclass about to be concluded then... :p

Love how you assume it is the saints end letting it down, maybe they asked for an extra million or two? We don't know the details so anything is just speculation and also just because it is on hold doesn't mean it won't still happen. Transfers are rarely straightforward unless your willing to pay inflated prices and wages this isn't fifa/football manager!

Love how you assume it is the saints end letting it down, maybe they asked for an extra million or two? We don't know the details so anything is just speculation and also just because it is on hold doesn't mean it won't still happen. Transfers are rarely straightforward unless your willing to pay inflated prices and wages this isn't fifa/football manager!

I don't assume anything of the sort... strange... but nice that you love it anyway. Umm... and thanks for reminding me I don't live in computer game? :toppa:

With Tasci being a loan, we are still looking at going into next season needing to replace both Jose & Virgil.

one step at a time! If virgil goes (and its very easy to see that he could) we would then be in a different position financially and in terms of whats available in the market of a summer window to get a replacement in. If Tasci comes in we've no idea yet what his terms will be and perhaps he can do well and stay. Stephens and gardos will have had another 6 months by then and we will know where we are CB wise.

I don't think Gardos should be written off just yet. Before his injuries he played in some big games - Man U away and Arsenal at home - and played very well. Hes' had a tough time since and Saturday was his first game back for about two years. Puel did him no favours by pitching him in with a new keeper, makeshift back four and lightweight midfield. Thanks boss.

Let him get back up to speed and see. At worst I think he has the potential to be a really decent squad player.

I don't think Gardos should be written off just yet. Before his injuries he played in some big games - Man U away and Arsenal at home - and played very well. Hes' had a tough time since and Saturday was his first game back for about two years. Puel did him no favours by pitching him in with a new keeper, makeshift back four and lightweight midfield. Thanks boss.

Let him get back up to speed and see. At worst I think he has the potential to be a really decent squad player.

Didnt watch all of the match (can you blame me?!) but was he really that bad? Didnt look awful in the 10 or so minute snippets I tuned in to. McQueen should have stopped one easily, Stephens was misplacing passes and Lewis should have saved the fifth. Like you said, he's been out ages, hopefully he's still on the way back and is understandably rusty. Would however be very concerned if we dont get at least one centre back in.

Quite.

Didnt watch all of the match (can you blame me?!) but was he really that bad? Didnt look awful in the 10 or so minute snippets I tuned in to. McQueen should have stopped one easily, Stephens was misplacing passes and Lewis should have saved the fifth. Like you said, he's been out ages, hopefully he's still on the way back and is understandably rusty. Would however be very concerned if we dont get at least one centre back in.

Gardos looked on Saturday what he is, a player who hasnt played a top level game for over two years. He was surrounded by kids and reserves so was on a hiding to nothing.

He didnt fill me with optimism that he will come good however but he cant be judged an that farce of a match really.

Gardos looked on Saturday what he is, a player who hasnt played a top level game for over two years. He was surrounded by kids and reserves so was on a hiding to nothing.

He didnt fill me with optimism that he will come good however but he cant be judged an that farce of a match really.

Agree with this. Jay Rod has taken months to begin even resembling the player he was. Unfair to judge Gardos until the end of the season.

I work with a Bayern fan, he said Tasci was only cover there and was pretty poor in the one or two games he did have. However, apparently during his time at Stuttgart he was always seen as one of their best, if not their best, player. Said the decision to go to Russia was a bit of an odd one but that he could prove to be a good signing if he's anything like his Stuttgart days.

Following Saturday, I don't think we'll see Gardos in a saints shirt again and Stephens didn't fill me with confidence either (granted he was class at Liverpool, so happy to give him benefit of the doubt).

Do you not think he deserves more than one game as part of a patched up defence after 18 months out to prove himself?

Very big of you to give Stephens the benefit of the doubt