The January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

SuperSAINT

Odd we are after a keeper at the moment.

Even with McCarthy out we still have Lewis and Taylor, unless Lewis is about to go on loan?!

Sounds like a loan with option to purchase so guess Taylor and Gazzaniga out at the end of the season with Lewis possibly out on loan.

The players I would like to see sold would be

Classie

Isgrove

Reed

The follwing to be loaned out for game time

McQueen.

Sims

Lewis

To buy, (15-20m each in terms of quality...e.g. Solid first team players)

We need a big strong tall DM

A good quality Cb

A big tall target man who can finish.

The players I would like to see sold would be

Classie

Isgrove

Reed

The follwing to be loaned out for game time

McQueen.

Sims

Lewis

To buy, (15-20m each in terms of quality...e.g. Solid first team players)

We need a big strong tall DM

A good quality Cb

A big tall target man who can finish.

Christ I am glad your not our manager !!!

listened to talkSPORT with Phil Vickery earlier eh.

no never listen to Talksport. I do however research a PhD on Colombian football and politics (yeah, I know doesn't sound academic really!) so watch a lot of the Colombian football team.

We have 4 keepers at the club and one out on loan, we dont need another. Centre back however....

1 is injured

1 has played 75 games in his career and is 36 and overweight

1 is 18 and not ready yet.

1 is on loan for the season.

1 is playing horrendously and doesn t command.

Makes sense to take someone on loan to provide competition because let s face it the other ones are not.

Watching ligue 1 every weekend, thr guy was mostly first choice last season, good shot stopping commanded his box, never hesitates to come out. That being said he is still very young a bit raw and is prone to making the odd mistake. Has good potential he

Ah, I had read somewhere he was first choice last season but had been displaced. Maybe he had a falling out or something, just seems a weird signing - the third choice Nice GK.

I think he made his debut for them when he was 17 so he must have something about him.

We will see though.

Has anyone mentioned Branislav Ivanovic yet?

Can play RB and CB. An older experienced player to play alongside Stephens (which JS clearly needs). A decent RB to compete with Cedric, so no more Martina.

Appreciate he will be on megabucks at Chelsea but they are letting him go. We have to compete with potential suitors, not his last employer.

Can play RB and CB. An older experienced player to play alongside Stephens (which JS clearly needs). A decent RB to compete with Cedric, so no more Martina.

Appreciate he will be on megabucks at Chelsea but they are letting him go. We have to compete with potential suitors, not his last employer.

Not after Tadic had him on toast and turned him inside out!

Don't particularly like him, but would take him on loan or short term deal. depends on wages.

Shaping up to be busy the next couple of days, the Nice keeper flying in tobight according to reports, Gabbiadini tomorrow and surely a centre back to follow too.

All required (assuming McCarthy's new injury is serious), but as Jan is acknowledged by Reed as not a good time to do major business its certainly a change!

In terms of outs, should we get another keeper then perhaps Lewis can go out on loan, or just focus on learning his trade with the U23s like most 19 year old GKs would.

Could see Isgrove going, Reed really should go out on loan now we have fewer games and possible the odd other U23 player, Olomola for example.

Interesting to see Jay Rod's Dad retweeting an article suggesting WBA will try again to sign him before the end of the window...surely not? IMO this summer we could dispense with one of our strikers but I would JR as the one of the three I would most want to keep...

I cannot believe we don't appear to be signing a CB. Unless something materialises 'off the radar', we are a Yoshida injury away from yesterday night's nightmare from now until whenever (including the cup final).

I think it's pretty clear we are in the market for one. Reckon it'll be Sakho on the last day.

I cannot believe we don't appear to be signing a CB. Unless something materialises 'off the radar', we are a Yoshida injury away from yesterday night's nightmare from now until whenever (including the cup final).

We are signing a centre back.

Ah, I had read somewhere he was first choice last season but had been displaced. Maybe he had a falling out or something, just seems a weird signing - the third choice Nice GK.

Why? We signed the third choice Crystal Palace GK in the summer.

Start believing the first part of your second sentence.

If Virgil is out long-term, that is crazy!

First part of second sentence: 'unless something materialises off the radar'.

Whilst it is good that it seems likely we will be bringing three players in, why wait until the last day or two of January? We have known about Austin's and McCarthy's injuries for a long time. We were also told Fonte wouldn't be sold until we were in a position to bring his replacement in. He was sold 9 days ago, and counting.

The window has been open for over 4 weeks already. Had we brought in the players most on here could see we needed at the beginning of the window Puel wouldn't have had to throw in the towel in before the FA Cup match had even kicked off yesterday.

Still, hopefully we will get a new spine: new GK, CB and striker; and they will all prove to be worth a £50m bid (each) by Liverpool within the next 12-18 months.

Why? We signed the third choice Crystal Palace GK in the summer.

First part of second sentence: 'unless something materialises off the radar'.

Whilst it is good that it seems likely we will be bringing three players in, why wait until the last day or two of January? We have known about Austin's and McCarthy's injuries for a long time. We were also told Fonte wouldn't be sold until we were in a position to bring his replacement in. He was sold 9 days ago, and counting.

The window has been open for over 4 weeks already. Had we brought in the players most on here could see we needed at the beginning of the window Puel wouldn't have had to throw in the towel in before the FA Cup match had even kicked off yesterday.

Still, hopefully we will get a new spine: new GK, CB and striker; and they will all prove to be worth a £50m bid (each) by Liverpool within the next 12-18 months.

Do you think the club inquire about a player and then when the selling club say 'yeah sure you can buy him' Les Reed turns around and says 'naaa actually mate can we wait until the last day of the window so we can troll our fans'?

Or do you think it may take a little while to get some deals over the line?

Shaping up to be busy the next couple of days, the Nice keeper flying in tobight according to reports, Gabbiadini tomorrow and surely a centre back to follow too.

All required (assuming McCarthy's new injury is serious), but as Jan is acknowledged by Reed as not a good time to do major business its certainly a change!

In terms of outs, should we get another keeper then perhaps Lewis can go out on loan, or just focus on learning his trade with the U23s like most 19 year old GKs would.

Could see Isgrove going, Reed really should go out on loan now we have fewer games and possible the odd other U23 player, Olomola for example.

Interesting to see Jay Rod's Dad retweeting an article suggesting WBA will try again to sign him before the end of the window...surely not? IMO this summer we could dispense with one of our strikers but I would JR as the one of the three I would most want to keep...

Hi, what is the 'serious' injury to Mccarthy. i thought he had a hamstring injury ?

Actually the second choice, he is injured since late October.

He's starter material, but I think he would sign to be on the bench and bring competition to Forster.

Sign a CB and a back up LB and then we have good defensive cover, we do not need another Striker unless Austin is going to still be out for another 2-3 weeks plus and the club are not convinced him and Jay Rod can stay fit.

Sign our 4th left back but don't address our non-scoring strikers? :?

Starting to wonder if Forster is carrying and injury & Mccarthy's injury is much more severe than initially seemed.

Otherwise seems a crazy move to be bringing in another keeper.

Whoever recommended signing Taylor needs kicking out if he's not good enough to even play in the game we deliberately threw against his old club.

Targett is out for the season I believe and McQueen would be better as a LW or sent out on loan as he has looked poor at LB his last few games he played there yet looked good when he played LW.

so you are happy with Martina as back up RB ?

i would say left back was the least of our concerns in the defensive department.

Do you think the club inquire about a player and then when the selling club say 'yeah sure you can buy him' Les Reed turns around and says 'naaa actually mate can we wait until the last day of the window so we can troll our fans'?

Or do you think it may take a little while to get some deals over the line?

Do you believe that if the window closed on Friday we wouldn't have brought anyone in? Or that we would have moved a bit quicker to get a couple of deals over the line?

I am well aware that deals take time to complete. I am also well aware that everyone has known about Austin's and McCarthy's injuries for a very long time. Ditto the Fonte situation, especially as Puel was never going to give him game time during January.

Maybe you are happy with the state of our squad, and the team sent to the slaughter on Saturday. I was disappointed with the summer window; I honestly feel we left it far weaker than how we finished last season. I was, therefore, hoping this would be rectified (especially given the aforementioned injuries) as soon as the window opened, not as it was closing. Do you honestly believe we couldn't have brought ANY players in by now?

we are of course going to be signing a CB

Reed went on record in saying we would not even consider a bid for Fonte unless a replacement was in-bound.

Les Reed is a man of his word

You avatar and posts like this suggest you believe he is a liar. Can you prove this with evidence? Just because something doesn't happen, doesn't automatically mean the person is a liar, it is possible for someone to change their mind based on new evidence.

so you are happy with Martina as back up RB ?

Surely it's more important whether CP is happy with Martina as back up right back. Before the injury to Pied, Martina was supposedly on the way out, and as Pied got injured a week before the summer window closed, there was ample opportunity to bring in an alternative - but Martina was retained.

Do you believe that if the window closed on Friday we wouldn't have brought anyone in? Or that we would have moved a bit quicker to get a couple of deals over the line?

I am well aware that deals take time to complete. I am also well aware that everyone has known about Austin's and McCarthy's injuries for a very long time. Ditto the Fonte situation, especially as Puel was never going to give him game time during January.

Maybe you are happy with the state of our squad, and the team sent to the slaughter on Saturday. I was disappointed with the summer window; I honestly feel we left it far weaker than how we finished last season. I was, therefore, hoping this would be rectified (especially given the aforementioned injuries) as soon as the window opened, not as it was closing. Do you honestly believe we couldn't have brought ANY players in by now?

Are you seriously suggesting that Saints have chosen not to bring any of their targets in before the last few days of the window? Do you seriously believe that Saints said to Napoli, you know what, we'll have him but not until the 31st? Do you seriously believe that Saints haven't been working their butts off trying to get a CB in when we all know they've been trying to get Sahko?

Fu_ck me sideways. This isn't FM17.