The January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

SuperSAINT

Timingd of Simms and Romeu announcements I hope don't mean no signings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol love comments like this they have hardly been delivered with a massive fanfare, I'm confident things are happening behind the scenes besides which Romeu signing a new contract is a massive relief and one less player on the shopping list this summer!

Seems to suggest that we've offered £14m/£15m for Gabbiadini plus add-ons, Napoli want £20m but as we get closer to the end of the window, they're more likely to accept a lower amount:

http://www.alfredopedulla.com/retroscena-gabbiadini-sempre-pole-southampton-la-cifra/#HrCI0fij0Usw4TVx.99

"Manolo Gabbiadini has chosen the Premier League from time should happen something sensational to put on the track different club. And as we are telling from days the Southampton is beating more than other companies to get to the squaring of the circle. Quadrature that however is far: offer of 14-15 million with minimum bonus, request above 20 to abut possibly to 20 million. Missing a week at the end of the market, the feeling is that you go to the last days, if will suffice."

Seems to suggest that we've offered £14m/£15m for Gabbiadini plus add-ons, Napoli want £20m but as we get closer to the end of the window, they're more likely to accept a lower amount:

http://www.alfredopedulla.com/retroscena-gabbiadini-sempre-pole-southampton-la-cifra/#HrCI0fij0Usw4TVx.99

"Manolo Gabbiadini has chosen the Premier League from time should happen something sensational to put on the track different club. And as we are telling from days the Southampton is beating more than other companies to get to the squaring of the circle. Quadrature that however is far: offer of 14-15 million with minimum bonus, request above 20 to abut possibly to 20 million. Missing a week at the end of the market, the feeling is that you go to the last days, if will suffice."

Can he play centre-back too?

Talksport's just mentioned Hull City's Harry Maguire wants a move to Saints. Can't find anything in the media except he'd be a good replacement for Jose Fonte. Hoping TS will give more on this during the morning.

Talksport's just mentioned Hull City's Harry Maguire wants a move to Saints. Can't find anything in the media except he'd be a good replacement for Jose Fonte. Hoping TS will give more on this during the morning.

He has impressed me on the (admittedly) few times I've seen Hull this season.

Only other reference seems to be this link, and it is simply suggesting him as an option:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/24/should-southampton-turn-to-hull-citys-harry-maguire-as-jose-font/?client=safari

Young, English and probably not toooo expensive though, so our sort of signing.

Why would Hull, a team battling relegation, sell one of their players to a league rival if he was that good?

if he wants to go ant the money is right they will sell, it's how football works most of the time and we are hardly rivalling hull for worst tem in the league title!

Let's not forget which cluv sold us Shane Long. Can believe both Long and the club have good links at Hull

Seeing we need a striker and central defender perhaps a double deal for Snodglass and Maguire is being lined up.

Would be better than bringing in over inflated and risky Italians.

SSN: Burnley have had a bid of around £10million accepted for Hull's Robert Snodgrass.

West Ham have had lower bids rejected, and we also understand there is a second offer on the table from Middlesbrough.

A reasonable bid for Maguire may make headway, they seem to be in full asset-strip mode.

SSN: Burnley have had a bid of around £10million accepted for Hull's Robert Snodgrass.

West Ham have had lower bids rejected, and we also understand there is a second offer on the table from Middlesbrough.

Good player for £10million.

Slightly under rated as he's not the most fancy player (reminds me of James Milner), but has a knack of scoring goals.

Good player for £10million.

Slightly under rated as he's not the most fancy player (reminds me of James Milner), but has a knack of scoring goals.

Will be a fantastic signing for Burnley IMO.

An unusual policy by Hull to sell best players in January to raise funds for new players.

I trust their coach.... but not sure I trust their owner.

He'll come on, trot about a bit, turn his ankle, hobble off and then sign for us in the morning for eight weeks of delicious rehab.

As Gabbiadini seems to have spent more of his career in the treatment room than on the training pitch, our modern medical facilities will obviously be a big attraction for him. Hopefully, Les will show him a couple of our other recent signings, Pied and Boufal, luxuriating in them, to clinch the deal.

Hull have thrown in the towel, selling Livermore and Snodgrass. If we are interested in Maguire, I can't see them trying to hold onto him.

Pretty obvious now why Bruce left them.

I feel like we'd have got Maguire ahead of Hull if we were interested. Only reason we may have become interested since then is if we now see him as a senior starter, whereas before he was 'one for the future' and an obstruction to Stephens' progress.

Why would Hull, a team battling relegation, sell one of their players to a league rival if he was that good?

I'm pretty sure they've just accepted a 10 million bid from a relegation rival for their best player...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ciro Venerable, market expert Rai Sport, it revealed that Manolo Gabbiadini is very close to Southamphton. The British have proposed 16 million plus 4 million bonus, and these are decisive times for the success of the negotiation. The two clubs are negotiating at this time. Gabbiadini is in Milan to take advantage of the day off. Tomorrow is expected in Castelvolturno but everything is related to the negotiation of these hours. For the sale of Gabbiadini, then, could this be the turning point.

So basically we are close and if we get it over the line today he could be signing later this week.

Ciro Venerable, market expert Rai Sport, it revealed that Manolo Gabbiadini is very close to Southamphton. The British have proposed 16 million plus 4 million bonus, and these are decisive times for the success of the negotiation. The two clubs are negotiating at this time. Gabbiadini is in Milan to take advantage of the day off. Tomorrow is expected in Castelvolturno but everything is related to the negotiation of these hours. For the sale of Gabbiadini, then, could this be the turning point.

So basically we are close and if we get it over the line today he could be signing later this week.

What Convict said: http://www.football-italia.net/97399/gabbiadini-set-southampton