Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

There are things I know but cannot say. I will share them on here on 1st September if VVD has gone. But the report that things are now toxic is absolutely true. Even if VVD stays, I don't see a way for him to play given what I've been told in the last 24-36 hours. I fully expect him to go now. The club will be criticised by some and some will say this was the clubs plan all along. I can promise you it was not.

ah well, he is off then

There are things I know but cannot say. I will share them on here on 1st September if VVD has gone. But the report that things are now toxic is absolutely true. Even if VVD stays, I don't see a way for him to play given what I've been told in the last 24-36 hours. I fully expect him to go now. The club will be criticised by some and some will say this was the clubs plan all along. I can promise you it was not.

Are they still sticking with the 'definitely not to Liverpool' policy?

Now you sound like a plant and that this was definitely the club's plan to sell to the Dippers all along !

That story about the agents sounds about right. If it's true that the 'toxic' atmosphere is really due to his agent being upset about the Koeman scenario, well I hope lots of awful things happen to the said agent in every aspect of his life. Scum.

If you really believed he was staying....even after all the bluster from the club...you are gullible.

Only if VVD was doing a u turn was any chance of him playing competitively in a Saints shirt again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think many had much hope of him staying but Tom is making it very much sound like the club will be doing what we all expected in the first place before all their huffing and puffing and that's bend over and take it up the jacksie from VVD , his agent and a certain Merseyside club !

You've never been the sharpest granted but that's just pathetic.

Takes one to know one nipper , I have always thought Tom as solid but that's exactly how he makes it sound if you can't work that out I suggest you need to spend some time on the wet stone !

Takes one to know one nipper , I have always thought Tom as solid but that's exactly how he makes it sound if you can't work that out I suggest you need to spend some time on the wet stone !

Like I said, I'll share more on 1st September if VVD has gone. You'll know then that I'm no plant.

The idea of a multi million pound organisation having a plant on a ****ty fans forum is bonkers by the way...Just have a lie down and think that through for a minute.

Re: Questions about Liverpool... They are the only club that has bid. I honestly don't know if the club will soften their stance towards Liverpool. I haven't heard anything at all to suggest they will though.

Sell him to Chelsea or City asap.

Like I said, I'll share more on 1st September if VVD has gone. You'll know then that I'm no plant.

The idea of a multi million pound organisation having a plant on a ****ty fans forum is bonkers by the way...Just have a lie down and think that through for a minute.

Re: Questions about Liverpool... They are the only club that has bid. I honestly don't know if the club will soften their stance towards Liverpool. I haven't heard anything at all to suggest they will though.

why have they bid when they have publically ended their interest and Saints have publically said that no one has bid?

So Liverpool have bid despite saying they dropped all interest in the player - Surely we can go to the FA about this if we really did have good evidence of tapping up?

Didn't Liverpool say they would only bid if they were encouraged to do so?

Maybe they have been?

I think we will sell as its not as easy as just hoping he completely changes his stance when the window closes.

We also clearly need to spend the money, or at least some of it, on another CB if VVD goes and an attacker.

Those of us with long memories will recall Rupert Lowe hiring a PR firm to do exactly that.

I don't think many had much hope of him staying but Tom is making it very much sound like the club will be doing what we all expected in the first place before all their huffing and puffing and that's bend over and take it up the jacksie from VVD , his agent and a certain Merseyside club !

That would show quite some talent! ;)

More than we displayed against Wolves tonight!

also, does this mean Hoedt will partner Yoshida/stephens?

Of course he will. Who else? VVD was always going. The fact that he wasn't (apparently) for sale and that we (apparently) didn't want / need to sell him never meant he wouldn't be sold.

Fully expecting a Liverpool bid sometime soon now that they have qualified for the Champions League.

I suspect we've had at least one and it was always inevitable that's where he'll end up if they're the highest bidder. We're a business, end of.

If the relationship between player and club hierarchy is broken down it is purely because of the totally out of order actions of the player. So if we sell he gets his way and the theory that you can engineer a move away from us by acting like a c.nt is proven for the future reference of all players who fancy a move shortly after signing a lucrative long term contract. We have to make him stay and if that means he spends a season (and it needs to be a season, not just until January) kicking in his heels refusing to play then so be it and more fool him. If he does do that I would be in full support of us forcing him to stay a further season firstly for being a c.nt and secondly to serve as an unequivocal warning to others that we will not be f.ucked about any more.

This. Totally

If they've engineered this toxic relationship to get the move, it's even more reason to keep him. It really shouldn't change the club's position on it. He's not been training with the squad for weeks anyway so how much worse can it get on a day to day basis? Food fights? Towel whipping in the showers? Someone needs to tell him to grow up and do what his contract states.

If they've engineered this toxic relationship to get the move, it's even more reason to keep him. It really shouldn't change the club's position on it. He's not been training with the squad for weeks anyway so how much worse can it get on a day to day basis? Food fights? Towel whipping in the showers? Someone needs to tell him to grow up and do what his contract states.

come on. he was always going to go

what makes it worse, we won't get anyone else in

If the relationship between player and club hierarchy is broken down it is purely because of the totally out of order actions of the player. So if we sell he gets his way and the theory that you can engineer a move away from us by acting like a c.nt is proven for the future reference of all players who fancy a move shortly after signing a lucrative long term contract. We have to make him stay and if that means he spends a season (and it needs to be a season, not just until January) kicking in his heels refusing to play then so be it and more fool him. If he does do that I would be in full support of us forcing him to stay a further season firstly for being a c.nt and secondly to serve as an unequivocal warning to others that we will not be f.ucked about any more.

Exactly. He and his agent could have been entirely reasonable about this.

I never would have guessed before this summer that VVD had the type of character that's been revealed over the last few months.

Without deflecting from VVD's scummy actions, his agent has a lot to answer for. He won't of course but more than anything it would irritate me to see him make a huge profit out of this if VVD acts up to the point the club starts entertaining offers during this window. Lower than a snake's belly.

Unfortunately it would not surprise me if Liverpool are the only club willing to pay what the club are seeking for VVD's transfer.

And then next summer Bertrand, Cedric, Romeu can all do the same to get a move.

The club will be criticised and rightly so-the pattern of how his has played out is all too familiar. Player wants to leave-we say not for sale-player throws toys out of pram-fans go against player-player sold-repeat.

The club cannot go the whole summer with all these statements and articles in the press, reporting Liverpool for tapping up and then just bend over for them and the player. Ridiculous.

Couldn't give a damn if he goes even to Liverpool i'm done with Van D, If he goes to Liverpool then get the most money we can 70 Million+. It was only a matter of time anyways I reckon the whole bringing in Hoedt essentially for me is saying we have sufficient cover if he goes. I don't want Virgil to play for Saints again as for integrating him back into the squad? noway is that going to happen face it lads he is a goner.

Not being negative being realistic the board can give it all the north and south! and sweet talk the fans but all along they are going to cash in to Liverpool guaranteed.......

Couldn't give a damn if he goes even to Liverpool i'm done with Van D, If he goes to Liverpool then get the most money we can 70 Million+. It was only a matter of time anyways I reckon the whole bringing in Hoedt essentially for me is saying we have sufficient cover if he goes. I don't want Virgil to play for Saints again as for integrating him back into the squad? noway is that going to happen face it lads he is a goner.

Not being negative being realistic the board can give it all the north and south! and sweet talk the fans but all along they are going to cash in to Liverpool guaranteed.......

Stfu

Speaking of scummy...bidding after making a public statement in June that they have ended their interest in VVD and respect Saints' position...that seems pretty scummy.

Thanks for the info Tom.