Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

More Chelsea rumours of meeting.

The whining "its so unfair, they did the same as us" bin-dippers simply dont get it still.

- Chelsea havent eviscerated our team in the last 2 summers.

- There has been no major concerted media-onslaught from ex-Chelsea players

- We, like everyone else in football, despise Liverpools self-obsession, blatant hypocrisy and sense of self-entitlement.

- Chelsea are more likely to match our valuation

Keep posting Tom28 - You provide much more insight than the rest of us.

Totally agree, I don't care whether he's "ITK" or not, i'd much rather read unsubstantiated\made up rumors over the incessant bickering\*****ing and moaning from the same old posters pushing the same old bull****!

I'll choose whether I believe Tom28 or not and on balance he seems to have offered good insight thus far, I'll take everything i read on the internet with a pinch of salt anyway!

Happy that we get some information from him. I personally think this is the clubs way of keeping the fans informed of what is going without the need to give statements / to the press. Gives them a degree of deniability if things change.

Kinda like a plant ? ;)

I would imagine his stance was like that from before May. Who knows what the injury was and when he had recovered from it? Not turning up to the end of season player's do tells me all that I need know.

Absolutely this. He carried on playing for 5 minutes after that original injury, and walked off the pitch. No way do I believe he's been injured ever since.

Absolutely this. He carried on playing for 5 minutes after that original injury, and walked off the pitch. No way do I believe he's been injured ever since.

From the player's perspective clamouring for a move, he has absolutely zero interest in pretending that he he is more injured than he is.

I must admit I enjoy Tom28's posts as at least it provides some kind of insight, and he has been right most of the time.

Unfortunately on here, it seems that if something is posted that someone doesn't like, the first course of action is to shout them down and call them a liar. Suppose that is just a reflection of society though. Keep going Tom28 and if you do turn out to be a WUM, guess what, my life will not be ruined.

The problem is if someone is a bit ITK then you always get some nobbers on here who get jealous and jump on them.

The WUM ITKers are infinitely bigger nobbers than anyone who is mildly sceptical. Jealousy often has little to do with it. Absolutely right to call them out. Perhaps you're just a patsy who laps up any old ****.

Edited by shurlock

Kinda like a plant ? ;)
k

well yes i guess so. Clearly he is being told what he can put on the forum to get a direct feed to saints fans. It wouldn't take too much of an effort by the club to find out who is leaking this level of information assuming its accurate and its not authorised. I have a friend who works at the club and has access to high level information but they never tell us anything (well almost nothing).

I am quite enjoying the Daily Express and its daily wheeling out of some ex-pro. Maybe we should have a sweep-stake as to which ex-pro advocating a move to Liverpool they trot out next!! Had some seriously bizarre ones. Anyway, today, we have John Aldridge being wheeled out again. It is interesting that they aren't accepting comments on that article. Can't imagine why!! http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/845598/Liverpool-transfer-news-Virgil-van-Dijk-Southampton-John-Aldridge

Their other story today is Arsenal about to sign him for £50m. Still, there is time for a few more stories to be trotted out. There's usually more than 1 or 2 a day. I think the most I saw in one day was 6.

Would you sell your body for £100 the girl was asked, get lost replied the girl, Ok how about £50,000, that's more like it, right let's say £200 for cash, what do you think I am, We know what you are, we are just haggling about the price.

If the club takes the money instead of putting this arsehole back in his box and with it sending a message to football that's just about what they are. I loved him as a player but if he never played for us again it would be worthwhile to stop this in it's tracks.

There could be trouble (for you!) ahead...

k

well yes i guess so. Clearly he is being told what he can put on the forum to get a direct feed to saints fans. It wouldn't take too much of an effort by the club to find out who is leaking this level of information assuming its accurate and its not authorised. I have a friend who works at the club and has access to high level information but they never tell us anything (well almost nothing).

But this place is dead skin on the body of the saints community. It's basically irrelevant and serves no useful function.

Edited by shurlock

Dear Tom28

Keep on posting. Been where you are for a small amount of time, and worried I had cost someone their job, so keep it on the QT and protect your source.

Dear Everyone else.

If you don't believe Tom28, then please carry on not believing him, but don't try and convince the rest of us by snide, sniping comments, as these are not fact and, in you opionion, doesn't carry any weight. We don't care, we don't want to know,we're not interested in name calling and belittling.

For any that believe he is making it up and can prove this, please do so.

For those that believe, good for you.

Generally, a good hearty debate is what we want, with facts and informed comment. The 'liar,liar pants on fire' defense doesn't carry much credence here.

Now, back to the squabbling

Seems to be more than normal LFC fans saying it's done today. Will be fuming if we sell to Liverpool especially after Ralph's comments about a week ago.

I'd never, ever set too much store on whatever Krueger may be saying or not saying. He is just a verbal machine that just has to spout something or other for all occasions. If those who really matter at the club suspect than Van Dijk will in fact not play for us this half season, then they'll sell him, no matter what Kueger might have said.

He was injured. However, I was told by a decent source that the medical team were "surprised" he hadn't recovered for the last 3 or 4 games of the season. Of course it was shot down when I posted that weeks ago, but it makes sense to me. 3 games out,nothing to play for & thinking Liverpool was a done deal, why risk that by playing? He's shown he's that type of bloke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't mean he wasn't badly injured. I've had a few and been able to run them off for a few minutes because the adrenaline and enkephalins (natural pain relievers) released following the injury will help a little. After you have walked or even jogged off those chemicals return to baseline levels and tissue inflammation really starts to kick in.

I've jogged off the field injured and then barely been able to walk after the game is over and spent months rehabbing an injury.

We all know he's a sh_it bloke but we cannot set the precedence by selling him.

I agree but are we then cutting off our nose to spite our face?

We clearly need to add quality to our squad, especially in the forward area's and £50/£60m would help us do that.

Let's be honest, it's very likely that key players (I'm thinking Bertrand and Cedric in particular) will both leave next season anyhow, is it worth keeping VvD with the u23's for a season just to prove a point? After all, any player could just do the same and refuse to play next year, regardless if we sell VvD or not.

For me, as long as we don't sell to Liverpool (for the pure fact that they are, simply put a bunch of c*nts [fans and staff]), I think it is best just to admit defeat (we will take the moral victory in that he's not going to preferred destination i.e he goes on our terms to where we want) and take a lot of money for a player that is either not going to play, or play and not be arsed.

We clearly need to add quality to our squad, especially in the forward area's and £50/£60m would help us do that.

Let's be honest, it's very likely that key players (I'm thinking Bertrand and Cedric in particular) will both leave next season anyhow, is it worth keeping VvD with the u23's for a season just to prove a point? After all, any player could just do the same and refuse to play next year, regardless if we sell VvD or not.

For me, as long as we don't sell to Liverpool (for the pure fact that they are, simply put a bunch of c*nts [fans and staff]), I think it is best just to admit defeat (we will take the moral victory in that he's not going to preferred destination i.e he goes on our terms to where we want) and take a lot of money for a player that is either not going to play, or play and not be arsed.

It is too late to find a replacement, money is no help. He can rot.

Doesn't mean he wasn't badly injured. I've had a few and been able to run them off for a few minutes because the adrenaline and enkephalins (natural pain relievers) released following the injury will help a little. After you have walked or even jogged off those chemicals return to baseline levels and tissue inflammation really starts to kick in.

I've jogged off the field injured and then barely been able to walk after the game is over and spent months rehabbing an injury.

Agree. I fractured my wrist and carried on using it for months. Ended up in a cast for 3 months and then having a general and a pin put in and more months recuperating. But similarly, while I don't want to believe Duckie and that he was possibly capable of playing the last 3 or 4 games, I can well imagine that there is something in it. After all, I come back to the ****ing appalling no show at the end of season do.

We can hold on to him without letting him rot. After Sept 1st he can either 1) refuse to play, 2) get back training and try and win his spot back.

Then we sell next summer. That way, we don't get seen as a pushover and a player will have to decide what they want to do to get their move elsewhere when it is fine by us.

Bert Trautman. Yashin once said he was the best keeper in the world.

Great goalkeeper, German paratrooper, Saints put five past him at Maine Road in FA Cup Jan 1960. Reeves 4 O'Brien. Terry Paine had the game of his life and turned the full back inside out, Cliff Seares I think.

I think we really do need to prove a point with VVD. Not just as a message to other clubs, but to our own players who may renew long contracts for a bigger pay raise without the intention giving any kind of loyalty.

Absolutely. It's about more then just Virgil and the transfer fee, this is about our very integrity.

Tools on here.

He's been pretty much bang on with the VVD stuff bar VVD being on Strike. He wasn't.

But he was all over the transfer request by the looks of it, but the usual c***s are saying "lucky guess mate".

Damned if you do damned if you don't.

It's always a lucky guess or if it isn't that, it was in the papers already, if it isn't that someone else posted it first, if it isn't that anyone could have guessed it, if it isn't that, you're just making it up to fit a story, if it isn't that you're a liar/Fake Jack Schitt blah blah.

Those posters are a bunch of Internet mugs who know F'all.

Getting on the blokes back and he tipped the lot of you off. F** me.

And before you say it.... I don't know Tom28 and I have nothing to gain.

I'm only seeing this now because someone linked me to it that liverpool made a bid, don't know about that, but I do know the club are properly livid with Liverpool.

And he defo ain't going there.

Do whatever you like with that...shove it up your bumhole for all I care. I couldn't give a f***.

Pure speculation I reckon he's going to Chelsea personally with Remy coming here.