Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

What is the matter with you? firstly what is this obsession with getting safe, we shouldn't even be worrying about that, look up, not down. Secondly we should no way let him go in January, he should betold in no uncertain terms that he is to give us a full season, with full effort, then and only then we will consider selling him, IF we get the right price

TBF, he's a bit of a WUM (maybe 'bit' is underestimating it). Just stick him on ignore, everything is much more interesting once you've done that

Thing is, this is exactly what he wants, whether it's his agent pushing him to act like this, or whether it's of his own volition, the fact remains that his side think that if he makes his position at the club untenable with the fans/club then he'll get his way, we can't let this happen or other players will think this is all they need to do should they wish to break their contract. You certainly wouldn't give in to a child stamping his feet to get his own way.

To me this has become more than VVD wishing to leave, it's about the club taking a stand with players, we all know the good ones will eventually move on, but this must be on our terms, not when they decide, allowing that would just cause mayhem and instability

Your 2nd para us the way I feel. It should always be on our terms.

Dominic King of the Daily Mail has tweeted that reports of Van Dijk leaving his agent are untrue and he is still represented by Wasserman. I've got a feeling he's one of the guys that denied Coutinho's transfer request when Sky broke it, only to have to confirm it about half an hour later, but I might be wrong on that.

Echo quotes Pellegrino saying '“I think we are ready to see what will happen because in the last three or four days there are some good players that can move" = VVD moves and we have money for replacements

Probably the best outcome now for me. Part of me would still like to see the cockroach rot, but for the good of the team we should sell him. Not to Liverpool though, and only if we use the money to strengthen the first 11 before the end of the window, and I'm not talking about loans.

Probably the best outcome now for me. Part of me would still like to see the cockroach rot, but for the good of the team we should sell him. Not to Liverpool though, and only if we use the money to strengthen the first 11 before the end of the window, and I'm not talking about loans.

He also stated that VVD will still be here on the 1st Sept.

TBF, he's a bit of a WUM (maybe 'bit' is underestimating it). Just stick him on ignore, everything is much more interesting once you've done that

Say what you like. We have to move the VVD situation forward. My 'January' solution is a pragmatic way for both club and player to benefit whilst saving face. Ignore me if you like, but at the moment the current deadlock is of benefit to no-one.

Say what you like. We have to move the VVD situation forward. My 'January' solution is a pragmatic way for both club and player to benefit whilst saving face. Ignore me if you like, but at the moment the current deadlock is of benefit to no-one.

It isn't pragmatic though. I wouldn't let him near the dressing room for a start. Will he give us 100% between now and January, he's proved he doesn't give a damn about the people who pay his wages. My ideal outcome would be that we sell VVD this week and buy a quality CB and a quality attacker with the money.

Then i I would like VVD to have a severe loss of form, and hopefully some sort of career-ending injury in a couple of years after he's slipped down the leagues and is turning out for Eastleigh whilst having to suck tramps off in parks for 10p a go to make his money up.

If it is true that he has, once more, changed agent then we are on the way to that which I wrote on another thread: season long loan to Chelsea with option for them to buy for fixed price (70/75m) on 01 July next year. That way the board have kept their word in that he hasn't been sold this summer and we get him away from St Mary's/Staplewood.

Okay, I doubt this will happen but it is my second favourite option after 'let him rot with the U23s for the foreseeable'.

I also doubt we will see Costa coming the other way; but I can dream...........

Someone suggested before perhaps his only way back with any credibility would be to sack his agent and then issue a statement saying he was poorly advised and has now sacked them off and is sorry for the action he has taken but they were driven by the agent .

Maybe thats what is going on now ?

four days and this will all unfold ....tbh I am sick off it and will be delighted when the transfer window closes and we stop having to deal with this **** as a club and can concentrate on the season to come .

Someone suggested before perhaps his only way back with any credibility would be to sack his agent and then issue a statement saying he was poorly advised and has now sacked them off and is sorry for the action he has taken but they were driven by the agent .

Maybe thats what is going on now ?

He hasn't, remains with same agent. Proves that Kevin Palmer in the Irish Independent is full of it. The fact that he also spouted the World Cup year ******** showed me he has no inside information whatsoever and is just making stuff up.

The flurry of new rumours simply shows that, with five days left, he's getting seriously desperate.

I'm accepting that he may go, and there are benefits in that. But if he's still here on Friday, Saints will have made a big statement and won the war. They will have a problem in managing him back into the team and stopping him being a negative influence, but VVD will have the far bigger problem, having to choose between backing down or facing more months with no football with his reputation and standing falling to pieces.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The agent's objective is to feed stories to the press so to breed enough of an issue that disenfranchises fans with player and hopes to make club say "stuff it, sell him off"

The club however, in my humble opinion must now be seen to stick to their stand. If we capitulate now, we will forever be viewed as little Southampton- selling club extraordinaire. We all simple need to take a breath and wait till September 1.

We have it all to gain and nothing to lose. Player will eventually play and his age and contract ensures, we can sell him for the high value, OUR VALUE, at any time.

For the folk on here, soil in their pants. Simply try and keep those emotions in tact till September 1.

Anyone else think we should just sell the ****? (C-word). But not to liverpool ofc.
No, because that's what he's been agitating for. But if the club decide the best call is to get rid, I won't be buying him a leaving present, or blaming the club.

I just want to see his face on Friday if he's lost.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I really can't make my mind up on this subject. The difference in performance/outcome of elite sports is si so fine that even if he does suck it up and put the shirt back on, who's really able to tell if he's 100% trying. I'm not sure it's good for the other players or anyone at the club to go through a Jose situation again.

my question is, would yours that have 90% effort from VVD or 100% from Maya or Jack?

I assume he will go, given Tom28's comments....even thought they do go against Freddie's interview from a week or so back.

However I would rather we dig our heels in big time, switch off the fax and keep him this window.

Are we still fining him for refusing to play?

I assume he will go, given Tom28's comments....even thought they do go against Freddie's interview from a week or so back.

However I would rather we dig our heels in big time, switch off the fax and keep him this window.

Are we still fining him for refusing to play?

I don't think we ever fined him for refusing to play, I think this is more of a joint decision to pull him away from the first team setup. The supposed fine we issued was when he failed to do his contracted duties i.e the start of season photoshoots/sky sports bits etc.

He isn't going to refuse to play. If he's still here September 1st, he'll be back in training asap. He has a reputation to hold up and sitting on his arse hoping to leave isn't going to keep top clubs interested in him.

This. And if he plays well he'll eventually go for more than we would have got this summer. Win -win . If the club holds its nerve.

Anyone else think we should just sell the ****? (C-word). But not to liverpool ofc.

While the club's stance is admirable I would be tempted to just flog the **** and be done with it. Should get enough cash for a decent replacement and re-fresh our striking options.

The club are in a difficult position and without knowing all the facts it's hard to criticise whatever they do.

No. It's tempting to take the money and get rid of the problem BUT we can still get the money at a time of our choosing and when we have time to buy who we need, there is no time now. ALSO if we do back down and sell after saying we won't

every player will know for ever that we are there for the taking and they only have to make a fuss and they will get their way. This is a watershed moment for the club. Keep the fellow to contract and sell at the right price and time of our choosing, for other clubs and our own players to see we have principles and a backbone to support them.

I don't think we ever fined him for refusing to play, I think this is more of a joint decision to pull him away from the first team setup. The supposed fine we issued was when he failed to do his contracted duties i.e the start of season photoshoots/sky sports bits etc.

Ahh.. Thanks for the clarification.

So is he now refusing to play, or are we making him unavailable due to his attitude?

Ahh.. Thanks for the clarification.

So is he now refusing to play, or are we making him unavailable due to his attitude?

I would think we're making him unavailable, it was MP's call to push him away from the first team training. I personally don't think VVD has ever refused to train or play, but his mind has never been on it - so a joint decision for the best interests of the club has been made I think.

This is dicey. I hope we end up better for whatever happens.

1) we keep him, he buckles down and improves the team

2) we let him go, dark cloud is lifted, helps team

But then there's

3) we keep him and he is a disruptive influence, destroys team spirit

4) we let him go and it weakens us, makes us look weak.

Then there's the million other possibilities. Sick of thinking about it to be honest. Just want to see the Saints playing with style and confidence again, we look depressed on the field.

If he is not sold we are heading toward a Mane situation all over again. Doesn't care about the team performance, only shows up for the big games/moments and plays cautiously for the rest of it so he doesn't get injured before his big move. Even worse now that it's a defender. And a captain.

If he is not sold we are heading toward a Mane situation all over again. Doesn't care about the team performance, only shows up for the big games/moments and plays cautiously for the rest of it so he doesn't get injured before his big move. Even worse now that it's a defender. And a captain.

Have I blocked this 'Mane situation' from my memory? I really don't recall that.

On today's showing' date=' you can see why he'd prefer a move to Liverpool over Arsenal! Still hope we hold our nerve in these final few days of the window.[/quote']

I think it's interesting that, if reports are to be believed, he's chosen Liverpool over Chelsea and City. That's not a money decision.

Is this one of those weird stories that passes through the saintsweb machine and becomes fact? Since when did mane do that? It certainly wasn't mentioned at the time- he was superb for us.

Have I blocked this 'Mane situation' from my memory? I really don't recall that.

I think it's interesting that, if reports are to be believed, he's chosen Liverpool over Chelsea and City. That's not a money decision.

Without knowing the details of the contracts offered, how can you possibly state that?

Klopp just told 5Live reporter that he expects an extremely quiet week re transfers.

Probably utter horse sh*t but you never know.

Based on the facts as they stand, ignoring all clickbait journalism, Liverpool ended their interest when they issued that apology.

The only way he goes to them is if Saints pick up the phone and initiate dealings.

Those are the facts. Everything else is bobbins.

Hold your nerve fellow forumites.

Without knowing the details of the contracts offered, how can you possibly state that?

This. Rumours are Liverpool are offering the best terms and that is why he chose them. It's not going to be for footballing reasons, that's for sure!

No. Far bigger issue than just this one player. His agent's strategy is to get Southampton fed up enough to get rid. Must not fall for it. Also, for those who think 2 top players could be recruited by Thursday with the income, are suggesting a huge gamble.

What are you taking about?

Wanyama maybe, to some extent.

Wrong African?

Wish a foreign club would bid for him. Want him gone but don't want to see the cock in the premier league every week.

If Bertrand continues to look that fcked off he can go too. Is it too much to ask to have footballers who are vaguely grateful for the position they're in and actually seem to enjoy playing?

We can come mid table continuing to sell. Even if both went without replacement I'd be confident of staying up comfortably.

I have wondered if a season long loan to a top European side with an option to buy (at an extortionate price) might be a facesaving way out of this for all parties. VD f^cks off to play on a 'bigger stage', and we get rid of of what is looking like a horoughly toxic c^nt for the squad this season (only a slight variation on Ralph & Les's 'he's not for sale this window').

Alternatively loan him to Celtic in lieu of their % when we do sell him. There you go Virgil take your bun or pony tail (whatever you want to call it) and stupid little beard to play at Hamilton & Ross County again for a season and think about how lucky you've been over the last two seasons.

Bertrand I believe could have been replaceable had we had the time to do it. Sorry but I've lost confidence in the Black Box magicking up quality at short notice, and Reed to negotiate a quick deal.