Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Serious question, what would it really achieve? Any player wanting to go will do a virgil regardless of whether we dig our heels in this time. Any vultures will prey regardless. The clubs posturing has helped drive up drive up the price, at the expense of p:ssing the fans off and giving them false hope.

I can't say the club has done anything to p1ss off the fans this summer. Obviously it will be a complete p1ss take if they sell now but I can't see it, so close to the end of the window.

Yep. They'll dress it up as something like 'nobody is bigger than the club' and 'Harmony amongst the players is crucial' etc. Hopefully they'll sweeten the pill with a decent forward or proper number 10.
That's a good point. If though we genuinely don't have any more cash for reinforcements, would be interesting to see what people think about selling so we can buy a quality attacking player or two.

That's a good point. If though we genuinely don't have any more cash for reinforcements, would be interesting to see what people think about selling so we can buy a quality attacking player or two.

Why would we not have any funds? Net spend winners for last 3 summers and receiving 150m a year just from tv revenue.

If we genuinely cant buy without selling still then something has gone seriously wrong

Kat was "delighted" to announce the new owners as they could take us to the next level....... That was a week ago

If it's really true that there is a bid of over £80 million then Saints would be daft not to accept it for an unsettled player.

At a certain level pragmatism counts.

Supporters should be pleased as long as it is used to reinvest in players and not just to part pay for the club purchase by the new majority shareholder.

If it's really true that there is a bid of over £80 million then Saints would be daft not to accept it for an unsettled player.

At a certain level pragmatism counts.

Supporters should be pleased as long as it is used to reinvest in players and not just to part pay for the club purchase by the new majority shareholder.

Can't imagine anyone is going to pay 80 million. He isn't worth that amount.

Why would we not have any funds? Net spend winners for last 3 summers and receiving 150m a year just from tv revenue.

If we genuinely cant buy without selling still then something has gone seriously wrong

Kat was "delighted" to announce the new owners as they could take us to the next level....... That was a week ago

Buzz off you troll. I said if we don't have any more funds for a big name signing and I have no idea what the new owners are like so that may he the case.

Quite right, holding on to a stubborn knob like Van Dijk will do us no good whatsoever. What has he got to lose really, nothing is the answer. Hasn't played since February, isn't in the Dutch National side just now, they won't qualify for the WC anyway and there is only a certain amount of fines we can inflict on him in what is a fairly narrow corridor of action. As long as he turns up for training as requested he can be dire as you like and we can't do anything at all about it. If he doesn't train hard he'll not be selected anyway and so the only losers will be SFC. I tell you, we should take the money and be rid of him.

Why not? They're not Scotland, and they're only 3 points behind the top two teams.

Do you really not understand that the transfer prices in the media are not necessarily accurate and, even if they are, they do not mean that the club instantly receives and gets to keep the full amount? Do you not understand that the long term contracts we have signed players to involve significant increases in salary? There is no large reserve of unspent cash.

Do you really not understand that the transfer prices in the media are not necessarily accurate and, even if they are, they do not mean that the club instantly receives and gets to keep the full amount? Do you not understand that the long term contracts we have signed players to involve significant increases in salary? There is no large reserve of unspent cash.

Course he does. He's trolling with his net spend routine. Ignore the ****.

Two days to go and Liverpool, their fans, their ex-players, VVD, his agent and no doubt the entire British media will all be doing their best to force this to a conclusion which sees him ending up at Liverpool. I still feel, long term, that it's his most likely destination, and they'll be on a high after securing Keita (albeit for next summer) when they thought that deal was dead. Chelsea don't really need him for the money they'd have to pay and Arsenal notoriously under-bid for players and I don't believe they'd stump up the money we want for him. City are a possibility - the link for Evans seems to have gone cold since he's been linked to Leicester and there's no denying they have the money, and he'd instantly improve them, but they already have 3 good centre backs.

I've expected him to leave all summer for the right price, especially when his toys started being thrown out the pram, but I'm hugely proud of the club for getting this close to September with the courage of their convictions. The issue about whether he'll knuckle down and play or train with the youth team is a question for Friday. The next two days will drag.

This is the account that is tweeting this £80M rumour and medical stuff.

https://twitter.com/GarethCambridge

Weird, the lengths Liverpool fans go too.

I did a reverse image search of the profile picture and it comes back to this

pFwnbNRS_400x400.jpg

Scratching my head at this.

This is my sisters kitchen, as built by late brother-in-law.

Seriously, I sh*t you not. This photo is taken in a house off Botley Road, Sholing...

Seriously, I sh*t you not. This photo is taken in a house off Botley Road, Sholing...

Unless that's your sister, is it not a chance that it's another kitchen? I had the same doors on a kitchen I rebuilt using doors bought from B&Q (cherrywood IIRC) c. 2006 - I suspect they aren't one offs :)

Person from Southampton in Liverpool wind up Shocker...

Unless that's your sister, is it not a chance that it's another kitchen? I had the same doors on a kitchen I rebuilt using doors bought from B&Q (cherrywood IIRC) c. 2006 - I suspect they aren't one offs :)

But the layout is identical. IDENTICAL.

I'll have to ask her who this **** is this evening.

The noise from the press this morning is DEAFENING.

I really resent how they seem to be pushing this deal over the line. And inferring to us that Wreck-It Ralph is lying through his teeth at us.

This next 2 days is going to be painful.

The worst-case scenario is VVD sold to Liverpool well below our valuation and no-one new brought in within the window. I have an awful sense of foreboding...

Roger, knowledge or conjecture?

With the press being briefed by LFC so comprehensively, anyone might be forgiven for thinking that he is off. They are almost as bad as WHU and that idiot of a son of one of the chairmen. No actually, he is just an idiot. Liverpool are much more manipulative of their army of sycophantic reporters.

I'm in 2 minds about vD.

On the one hand, his tantrum has got the desired result with me. I don't actually want him to play for us again, unless there is some major contrition. Sack cloth and self flagellation. He has been a complete and utter ****.

On the other hand I totally support the club's stance.

I am interested though in if LFC offered enough, would people be happy for him to go there? As time passes and the deadline approaches, that figure for me starts with a 9! I guess mid-80s might be OK, but anything with a 7 would be disappointing

If this rumbles on until Thursday that knob on Sky Sports, Jim "I'm Mr Transfer Deadline Day" White will have a minute by minute Virgil Watch with varying degrees of hysteria as some spotty 12 yr old kid from Stoke sees him zooming up the M6 (good luck with that) or Sid from Sefton Park sees him fly into Liverpool JL Airport on a private jet :mcinnes:

Regardless of the amount?

We will never know the amount.... It will be reported with wild fluctuations like all deals...

Then when official finances are revealed we will again see it was nowhere near the upper reported amounts .

We should NOT sell to Liverpool under ANY circumstances

We will never know the amount.... It will be reported with wild fluctuations like all deals...

Then when official finances are revealed we will again see it was nowhere near the upper reported amounts .

one thing is for sure, if we get £75m for VvD. His replacement will be in the £10-15m range and we maybe loan a forward player

the accountant fans will be loving it that we got such a huge fee for a defender

I agree with you :scared: on this bit... 100%

If we sell him to Liverpool, then that will be me offically done with Les Reed and the rest of the board.

What does that mean? Do you have dealings with LR and the board or are you just saying you will be really ******ed off and won't go to any more games? Or that you are really ******ed off and what? Genuine question and not intended to cause offence.

My stance, for as little as its worth, do NOT sell him to Liverpool but he can go as soon as possible to anyone else for the required fee.

If we sell him to Liverpool, then that will be me offically done with Les Reed and the rest of the board.

How about unofficially? And wiggle room there? [emoji6]

Don't sell him - end of. Oh and anyone that can't stand the pressure over the next 2 days. Don't come on here and don't watch SSN. I think you'll find you'll manage. [emoji3]

Where is Tom28 when you need him?

The answer to that is a very dark place. The curse of a free bar. I'm better today, thanks for asking.

Anyway, update I got yesterday is I gather that the reports of a done deal to Liverpool are wide of the mark. However, it's certainly more likely that VVD will leave now than it was 7-10 days ago. But no deal has been agreed with any club.

We are pursuing two transfer strategies. The first is no club meets the valuation and VvD stays and we sign one of the two players I've mentioned before. The second is we sell VVD and sign a high profile attacking player and I understand we've made moves to do that. I haven't been told any names. Would still sign the other player and then look to send an attacking player out on loan.

There's a little more information I have but can't share it yet.

Expect another update later today.

Regardless of the amount?

Team progression is what counts rather than money received or the call to spend it all. It's getting the right player in which isn't an exact science.

It would be interesting to hear from some first teamers if this side show is a distraction or if it has been isolated enough from them.

There is also VvD's mental aptitude to apply himself to the team's cause after the window is closed.

The answer to that is a very dark place. The curse of a free bar. I'm better today, thanks for asking.

Anyway, update I got yesterday is I gather that the reports of a done deal to Liverpool are wide of the mark. However, it's certainly more likely that VVD will leave now than it was 7-10 days ago. But no deal has been agreed with any club.

We are pursuing two transfer strategies. The first is no club meets the valuation and VvD stays and we sign one of the two players I've mentioned before. The second is we sell VVD and sign a high profile attacking player and I understand we've made moves to do that. I haven't been told any names. Would still sign the other player and then look to send an attacking player out on loan.

Thanks Tom. Any interest in Clasie, Højbjerg, or anyone else? Wrong thread, but since you're here...

Which players did you mention before?

Cheers Tom

I quite like option 2...

so, we sell VvD and no one comes in to replace him then?