Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Its not that, our model has become very risk averse.

We came up and immediately signed players so our squad was the best of the championship - Morgan, Clyne, Lallana, Lambert, Fonte etc etc. That is directly what all our success stemmed from.

But we have thrown it out the window and gone already are the days where we used to have a core of talented, driven and energetic players used to english football.

We aren't even linked with championship players, when the simple fact is we should be all over players like Ryan Sessegnon, Cariney, knockaert, brown etc. Its actually very poor from the club and we have completley lost our "way". Even Poch played gallagher, and will finish better than both Puel and Pellegrino... And whilst you need the addition of some foreign class (Wanyama, Mane, VVD etc.), the core should remain as a progressive and energetic squad, who are used to the tempo and aggression of english footy.

Right now, saints have zero identity. And that is why we are struggling.

What utter codswallop....as CB Fry posted not one of those players you mentioned was purchased when we got promoted to the Championship. Blimey, Lallana was from the Academy, Morgan was signed years previously, Fonte was signed when in L1, Clyne when we got promoted to the Prem, Lambert in L1, etc, etc

Other than that, you are spot on...............

If you follow that 101goals link, There was a flight from Bournemouth and it landed at JLA and was met by a Liverpool club car ...... Unless somebody has been really sad

Not sure what is sadder to be honest....a bunch of grown men (none of the female posters are being hysterical unless I have something wrong) hanging on every word posted on the bastion of truth that is Twitter and taking the word of a fake reporter (he is not an ESPN reporter) and getting their knickers in a twist over it all.

Not for the first time, the mass hysteria has taken hold.............

When he flew to Blackpool Im pretty sure it was from Farnborough.

why on earth would he go to Bournemouth to meet a plane? As you say, there is Farnborough as well as Blackbushe. Private jets come to where you are, you don't go to catch them where they are.

why on earth would he go to Bournemouth to meet a plane? As you say, there is Farnborough as well as Blackbushe. Private jets come to where you are, you don't go to catch them where they are.

Doesnt the team usually fly into Bournemouth?

To be fair, I don't think anyone has ever gone to the detail they have. In terms of finding out the plane, what the interior looks like, and what sort of car picks him up. Slightly sad, given that fact that obviously no one else in the entire world will ever fly on that plane.

Come on, you live for this.

Their lot seem certain that he's on his way. Private jet did indeed go into JLA from Bournemouth and it was indeed met by an official LFC car. Doesn't exactly take much working out does it?

It was all weird as **** from a city inhabited by utter freaks, but it does all seem rather genuine.

Edited by LGTL

No well that Arsenal will be selling Ox, Theo & potentially Sanchez in the same window!!

Arsenal are walking in to a disaster of their own making - they're a shambles. Sanchez and Ozil, their two most gifted and valuable players, are out of contract at the end of the season and it doesn't seem like they're in a hurry to sign new contracts, meaning Arsenal either sell them now or lose them for free at the end of the season. They have no Champions League this season because of Wenger's stubbornness to do the decent thing and leave, meaning it's tougher to attract top, top players. They have had poor recruitment for ages, already shipping out Mustafi and looking to ship out Elneny - Lacazette goes against that flow but even he was being linked with West Ham until this year. Their players regularly get played out of position. They have 3 centre backs, two of whom are old, and one who is young and raw. Oh, and Chambers who has not been trusted for some time now. It's very possible Arsenal could lose their 'top 6 membership' over the next couple of seasons - which is annoying as they're the most tolerable top 6 club IMO. As for Walcott, not that I think he'll leave this summer, but I'd have him back here if we could compromise on his wages, but as for all players with pace, his shelf life is limited. It's interesting to see what will happen with them over the next couple of years. My mate, an Arsenal fan and well known bedwetter, is extremely worried.

I'm seeing rumours of VVD bids of £75 million+ online, though I'm highly dubious of their authenticity, I'm pretty sure that would be the kind of money that our club wouldn't turn down. Even if it is to Liverpool, which would be a bitter pill to swallow. 53 hours to go to find out...

What utter codswallop....as CB Fry posted not one of those players you mentioned was purchased when we got promoted to the Championship. Blimey, Lallana was from the Academy, Morgan was signed years previously, Fonte was signed when in L1, Clyne when we got promoted to the Prem, Lambert in L1, etc, etc

Other than that, you are spot on...............

"Utter codswallop!" Please read before you flame others on a forum :mcinnes:.

Where do I say that we signed those players in the championship!! GAH, you're as bad as fry! I was merely stating that the fact we had good championship players was a significant factor behind our prem successes.

And that is the case. Which you agree with at least :)

Edited by Saint86

Their lot seem certain that he's on his way. Private jet did indeed go into JLA from Bournemouth and it was indeed met by an official LFC car. Doesn't exactly take much working out does it?

It was all weird as **** from a city inhabited by utter freaks, but it does all seem rather genuine.

Can we really hold a £60m asset who isn't contributing?

For all the bravado, I'm not sure what that really achieves.

That said, if we sell now we should have just sold in May and then could have avoided this charade all summer and had an increased budget.

If we stick to him being not for sale for months that that has to remain the position now.

Josh King?

That said, if we sell now we should have just sold in May and then could have avoided this charade all summer and had an increased budget.

If we stick to him being not for sale for months that that has to remain the position now.

Exactly. If we end up selling to them now we really are going to look pathetic. Seems more and more likely though.

An injured Adam Lallana going back up North after visiting his Bournemouth residing parents for the weekend ?

If he was going to leave anyway I would have preferred that we avoid this summer's nonsense as well, and the club could have reinvested the money for other players in a less hurried manner. However, in May VVD was being described as a £50 million player. Now with the transfer market going berserk over the summer, the talk in the press is anything from that to £75 million. It is entirely possible that the club has made a tidy profit just by waiting to the end of the window.

I still would prefer that the club maintained its not for sale position.

Exactly. If we end up selling to them now we really are going to look pathetic. Seems more and more likely though.

Whilst I'd prefer us not to sell in order to stand up to player power, and if we did have to sell then not sell to the Scousers out of spite. However, as it stands they tried to get him at a knock down price with all their press shenanigans but by dragging it out we will have extracted a competitive price out of them.

So regardless how it plays out we've played the hand as well as could be reasonably expected.

Agree. It doesn't look good, for us or Les.

If he was going to leave anyway I would have preferred that we avoid this summer's nonsense as well, and the club could have reinvested the money for other players in a less hurried manner. However, in May VVD was being described as a £50 million player. Now with the transfer market going berserk over the summer, the talk in the press is anything from that to £75 million. It is entirely possible that the club has made a tidy profit just by waiting to the end of the window.

I still would prefer that the club maintained its not for sale position.

The 75m fee has been around for months.

It's just their fans making loud noises on social media, they weren't going to go away quietly

No it's not. It's investagive work which strongly links together and doesn't look good.

It's not yet in the press, but after the incident earlier this window, is it any surprise both parties are keeping hush.

Rumours it was Lallana on the plane, which would be hilarious.

Yeh, someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it could be him. Owns a property near Ringwood. Very feasible, and likely, that it was him. A choice of spending the bank holiday weekend on the Mersey or on the sunny South Coast...

I love the way the fu_ckwits make some comment about Les Reed, such as "you'll be out of a job" as if they have any say whatsoever.

I'm still of the opinion he'll be made to stay and I've heard nothing to suggest otherwise. However, if we do sell him it really should be for an insanely eye watering amount but like others I'd feel as if we'd left it too late into the window to get value in the market for a number 10 type player which we are all aware that we desperately need.

Let's hope we stick to our guns and don't go weak at the knees if 'pool flash more cash.

Why should we stick to our guns surely we should be planning the way forward without VVD which may entail keeping VVD but on the other hand it may not

Lets wait and see what SFC decide to do and what input the new owner gives