Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

If he is not sold we are heading toward a Mane situation all over again. Doesn't care about the team performance, only shows up for the big games/moments and plays cautiously for the rest of it so he doesn't get injured before his big move. Even worse now that it's a defender. And a captain.

"Mane situation" my arse.

Mane is one hell of a player and you can see why we miss his creativity and unpredictability. Kopp is building a good team and you can see why VVD wants to go there.

However, regardless of what he wants, we need to resist and keep him to prove a point. Otherwise it'll continue to be open season on our players to challenge their contracts. He'll reintegrate if he knows what is good for him.

"Mane situation" my arse.

What are you taking about?

Wanyama maybe, to some extent.

Wrong African?

Have I blocked this 'Mane situation' from my memory? I really don't recall that.

I think it's interesting that, if reports are to be believed, he's chosen Liverpool over Chelsea and City. That's not a money decision.

Mane was told he was not going during the Jan window and rapidly began showing signs of disinterest, including being late for a meeting (even suspended for a match by Koeman IIRC). Then he proceeded to not score for almost four months before going on a tear against top flight clubs during the run in as the summer window approached.

I really don't think it's coincidence that a player of his caliber suddenly dries up for four months without a little effort on his part...

It doesn't. It says "upwards of".

Try reading?????????????????????????

Most news outlets have been mentioning a minimum of £60M, and our own ITKs have mentioned no less than £75M.

Try not to use so many question marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this bit

Despite a public show of discord between player and club, midfielder Steven Davis insists that Van Dijk remains a popular figure within the dressing room and any antipathy towards the 26-year-old would be cast aside if he is still at St. Mary’s on Friday.

“That door has never been shut,” Davis said.

“There has been a lot made of the situation outside the club that isn’t necessarily true all the time but we will welcome him back. He’s a top quality player and he’s done well for us over the last couple of seasons.

“Everybody knows the quality that Virgil has got and what he can bring to the team and we’re obviously hopeful that we can keep hold of him and he can come back into the team and challenge for a place again because he’s a top quality centre half.”

I like this bit

Despite a public show of discord between player and club, midfielder Steven Davis insists that Van Dijk remains a popular figure within the dressing room and any antipathy towards the 26-year-old would be cast aside if he is still at St. Mary’s on Friday.

“That door has never been shut,” Davis said.

“There has been a lot made of the situation outside the club that isn’t necessarily true all the time but we will welcome him back. He’s a top quality player and he’s done well for us over the last couple of seasons.

“Everybody knows the quality that Virgil has got and what he can bring to the team and we’re obviously hopeful that we can keep hold of him and he can come back into the team and challenge for a place again because he’s a top quality centre half.”

I like the "challenge for a place" bit. No guarantees, Mr Big B*******.

Mane was told he was not going during the Jan window and rapidly began showing signs of disinterest, including being late for a meeting (even suspended for a match by Koeman IIRC). Then he proceeded to not score for almost four months before going on a tear against top flight clubs during the run in as the summer window approached.

I really don't think it's coincidence that a player of his caliber suddenly dries up for four months without a little effort on his part...

I think it is. He could have gone to Barcelona if he'd scored every week for four months. He always had dry patches when he played for us.

There is no comparison between this VVD situation and either Mane or Wanyama.

Ever so slight comparison with some of Lallana and Lovren's whining but even that was tame in comparison.

Only a few days to go now of the window but if he stays the saga is far from over.

There is no comparison between this VVD situation and either Mane or Wanyama.

Ever so slight comparison with some of Lallana and Lovren's whining but even that was tame in comparison.

Only a few days to go now of the window but if he stays the saga is far from over.

really? It seems pretty bloody similar to me short memory?

Victor Wanyama has been left out of Southampton’s game against Norwich today after refusing to back down on his bid to join Tottenham.

It is the second matchday squad in a row that Wanyama has been omitted from after he was left out of the Saints' Europa League party to face FC Midtjylland in midweek.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/victor-wanyama-left-out-southampton-6349265

Victor Wanyama has been left out of Southampton’s game against Norwich today after refusing to back down on his bid to join Tottenham.

It is the second matchday squad in a row that Wanyama has been omitted from after he was left out of the Saints' Europa League party to face FC Midtjylland in midweek.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/victor-wanyama-left-out-southampton-6349265

So, how do we know he refused to back down and to whom exactly? Old Les stirring again? He does it with nearly every player and manager he sells. Do any of the players trust him or feel any sense of loyalty to him any more? I doubt it.

So, how do we know he refused to back down and to whom exactly? Old Les stirring again? He does it with nearly every player and manager he sells. Do any of the players trust him or feel any sense of loyalty to him any more? I doubt it.

How can you be sure the world isn't flat?

Time for a quick poll with just a few days left Mods??

Keep him - play him

Keep him - let him for

Sell him - anyone

Sell him - not Liverpool

Keep him he will play and like Morgan I reckon he will play well or he ****s any chance of getting a dream move to one the big boys next summer. If refuses to play he rots in the reserves (preferably unpaid if that's allowed).

Would be interesting to know who else Virgils agent Wasserman represents at St.Marys and if using pressure on those players to get VVD's move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a look on their clients list the other day, only other notable people were Koeman and Danny and Daly Blind.

VVD is easily their most valuable client.

Not sure how extensive the list I saw was though..

Wanyama was training with the team for the whole summer and didn't refuse to play pre season games from the very start.

Wanyama played PL games in August before the transfer window shut.

Wanyama played PL games immediately after not getting a move and played for the rest of the season without sulking about it.

Wanyama didn't release a lengthy statement begging to be sold and criticising the club.

Wanyama didn't completely overshadow the whole summer and build up to the season.

And Mane barely made a ripple compared to what VVD has done.

Virgil is a snake and no better than a Joey Barton. He blames the club but he has ALOT to answer for.

He lacks class on all levels and whilst he may well go on to become one of the worlds premier CB's, he's childish strop and complete disregard for a contract he signed here, has tarnished his reputation throughout all of football. The only saving grace is we will stop him going where he wants.

He was never going play again, even if we had kept him. He would have refused and hoped for a move in January.

Get rid and reinvest. We should have sold earlier and bought Gilfi. Renato Sanches from Bayern will do though, he wants out and we have the cash. Perfect man for the hole that Davis is in. Even if it's on loan. Time to smash the transfer record.

Virgil is a snake and no better than a Joey Barton. He blames the club but he has ALOT to answer for.

He lacks class on all levels and whilst he may well go on to become one of the worlds premier CB's, he's childish strop and complete disregard for a contract he signed here, has tarnished his reputation throughout all of football. The only saving grace is we will stop him going where he wants.

He was never going play again, even if we had kept him. He would have refused and hoped for a move in January.

Get rid and reinvest. We should have sold earlier and bought Gilfi. Renato Sanches from Bayern will do though, he wants out and we have the cash. Perfect man for the hole that Davis is in. Even if it's on loan. Time to smash the transfer record.

And what message would that send out eh? We need to hold firm on this.

i am starting to not care on this..

making a stand is noble but it wont deter others from wanting to leave.

players do not give a shyt to be honest

punks like redmond to sulky ***ts like bertrand.

I remember when we had a core english team in the prem who (mostly came up with us) gave their all most games. great times

The only thing that puts me off selling is that the money would not be used to bring in immediate quality. We would go for a 'black box' type and go for a season for them to bed in

So basically he is definitely going, just not to Liverpool?

So keep him, he won't play, dont buy anyone else and have a huge problem with AM's all season

Or

Sell him, reinvest on a quality AM and actually have a chance of scoring some goals.

He's off. Done, dusted, goodbye.

Get used too it.

So keep him, he won't play, dont buy anyone else and have a huge problem with AM's all season

Or

Sell him, reinvest on a quality AM and actually have a chance of scoring some goals.

Get used too it.

but will be bring is a quality AM?

I remember when we had a core english team in the prem who (mostly came up with us) gave their all most games. great times

About sums it up. Happens every summer now and the eventual result is always the same. We might hold on to a unsettlerd player for a season or half of a season but they always leave and usually for less than we could have got in the first place. Any seriously unsettled player should be sold to the highest bidder before at least mid-window and the proceeds invested illico.

Wanyama was training with the team for the whole summer and didn't refuse to play pre season games from the very start.

Wanyama played PL games immediately after not getting a move and played for the rest of the season without sulking about it.

Wanyama didn't release a lengthy statement begging to be sold and criticising the club.

Wanyama didn't completely overshadow the whole summer and build up to the season.

Selective memory Charlie. Victor did several very public interviews telling everyone he was ready to move to Arsenal and better things. Victor kicked off as soon as he found out spurs were interested the only difference between the two is the VVD saga has gone on longer because Liverpool , unlike spurs, showed their hand very early. If VVD is here come first of September he will have a change of heart (just like Victor did because is he really going to not play for the best part of 18 months in the prime of his career?) and if he has a couple of good games most of the fan base will just turn a blind eye to what went on just like the did with Victor.

so he is going to refuse to play for the next 5 years fair play to him for sticking to his convictions then.

Or

Get used too it.

I'll get used to it when SFC decide it's right. Until then he is a saints player even if it's a non playing one.

So who is this fabled AM you (and others) keep going on about? We would not spunk all of any transfer fee from VD. How much are you thinking of paying this AM per week?

Wanyama stuck a massive middle finger up to the players and fans for refusing to play in the Europa League.

We need to stand firm and tell him he isn't going anywhere. If he refuses to train or play if selected then throw the book at him and fine him. If he becomes a nuisance and disrupts player morale do the same throw the book at him. It's time to put our foot down and let others know that we are not going to be dictated to by players.

Tip: When claiming some sort of nationality-based complaint, don't undermine your xenophobia by using players from that nation.

The only thing that puts me off selling is that the money would not be used to bring in immediate quality. We would go for a 'black box' type and go for a season for them to bed in

Ah, good to see you bringing your xenophobia here from the terrorist thread. How do you explain why so many teams have done so well with mainly foreign players?