Transfer Deadline Day Jan 2017 Edition

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

If it was good news, we'd have heard about it. Les would've done full page interview in Telegraph.

Have to say I agree. IMO the club are keeping quiet to ensure they don't weaken their position in the transfer market... Too late for that!

Perhaps VVD injury not so bad after all...

What else would explain not getting a defender in?

if he is genuinely going to be out for three weeks (who knows if that is accurate) then he only misses 2 Prem games (ignoring tonights' game in which a new signing today wouldn't be able to play anyway).

Or Paddington, via Reading. Either way he sounds as lost as he looks on a football pitch to me

Well either way he won't be getting here by train the line is closed due to 2 deaths on the line within half hour of each other in different places !

Southampton trains go from Waterloo...

Maybe he's just arrived in London from oop north (e.g. Liverpool Lime Street goes into Euston). Anyway sounds like BS - do players even take the train for transfers?

Edited by shurlock

Southampton trains go from Waterloo...

Train from Liverpool going into London would go into Euston. It's possible that he could be on his way down here, as I'd imagine you'd either change at Birmingham or go via London for Southampton, however I very much doubt this the case, as the media would have picked up on this. Especially with it being Liverpool who can't seem to keep out of the papers.

Loan Sahko and pay his wages till the summer and if he turns out to be ****e we won't buy, surprised at how many don't want him on here. He's played for France and was starting for Liverpool last season and playing well. Does look dodgy on the ball but generally isn't actually that bad just looks unorthodox.

Genuine question. Can a new signing play in the league cup final? I presume so, but who knows what you can and cant do these days.

Normally a player is only Cup-tied if they actually get onto the pitch during a previous round. There will be a deadline day for eligibility but I don't think that will bother us.

A worryingly slow news day considering the very obvious holes in the squad. Reed needs to pull the striker and centre back out of the bag otherwise there'll be a lot of very unhappy fans. Can't keep cheaping out on us Les! Haven't lost hope yet but it's very unlike Saints to leave it so late.

A worryingly slow news day considering the very obvious holes in the squad. Reed needs to pull the striker and centre back out of the bag otherwise there'll be a lot of very unhappy fans. Can't keep cheaping out on us Les! Haven't lost hope yet but it's very unlike Saints to leave it so late.

You say this like its a change from the norm modern day football fans spend 90% of their lives in a ****ed off state about 90% of stuff that happens at their clubs it seems...

You say this like its a change from the norm modern day football fans spend 90% of their lives in a ****ed off state about 90% of stuff that happens at their clubs it seems...

To be fair you can hardly say it's unjustified. To not bring a centre back in would be madness, particularly because you want the strongest team possible for the final.

I don't understand how there can be "no certainty" about a defender coming in with a few hours to go.

The only uncertainty is if he took a wrong direction on the way to Staplewood.

Or the Saints social media guy is ill right at the moment they want to hit reveal.

I don't understand how there can be "no certainty" about a defender coming in with a few hours to go.

The only uncertainty is if he took a wrong direction on the way to Staplewood.

Or the Saints social media guy is ill right at the moment they want to hit reveal.

Either that or they haven't told reporters anything. I'll be holding out hope till 11.

To be fair you can hardly say it's unjustified. To not bring a centre back in would be madness, particularly because you want the strongest team possible for the final.

If we do bring someone in you guarantee that people on here will claim he is beyond crap and still be unhappy anyway..

I was more worried about our DM options anyway we lose Romeu and we are ****ed regardless of who plays at the back but no one seems bothered by that.

I cannot and will not believe *****il 11pm) that Les hasn't realised how thin we are at CB and hasn't got something lined up.

In other news, apparently Bmouth have bid £18million for Ake and it's now 'down to the player'. Exactly our sort of player. £18million a bit ott but that's what you get for leaving it so late. Time to put your hand in your pocket, Kat

I cannot and will not believe *****il 11pm) that Les hasn't realised how thin we are at CB and hasn't got something lined up.

In other news, apparently Bmouth have bid £18million for Ake and it's now 'down to the player'. Exactly our sort of player. £18million a bit ott but that's what you get for leaving it so late. Time to put your hand in your pocket, Kat

Really? Seeing as Conte said Ake was part of his future plans that's quite surprising.

So Sakho is so desperate to get playing again that despite being on £105k per week, he apparently wants a pay rise when he moves on. Says everything about him, greedy mercenary bar-steward.

And obviously already at the right club if Liverpool believe they can ask £2m more than they paid for a player who's basically been suspended for the last 6 months

We could sign him, but I don't think he would be able to play cos of the Rules

I see 2 scenarios:

1) We don't sign a CB and the moaners will be on here all night moaning about; VVD this, Fonte that, Les this, Kat that...

2) We sign a CB and the moaners will be on here all night moaning about; underwhelmed signing this, panic buy that, Les this, Kat that...

If I was seen to be worth £18m, I think I'd want to sign for someone other than Bournemouth...or is £18m actually not all that much these days?

If I was seen to be worth £18m, I think I'd want to sign for someone other than Bournemouth...or is £18m actually not all that much these days?

If sakho is worth £20m (according to Liverpool) I'd suggest £18m is a bargain.

I guess it depends on how his time there went on loan. Can't imagine bmouth would bid if there wasn't an indication of interest from agent tho?

I see 2 scenarios:

1) We don't sign a CB and the moaners will be on here all night moaning about; VVD this, Fonte that, Les this, Kat that...

2) We sign a CB and the moaners will be on here all night moaning about; underwhelmed signing this, panic buy that, Les this, Kat that...

I hope it's 2) so I can amuse myself taking the pee of the moaners instead of 1) in which case I'll be joining the moaners.

I see 2 scenarios:

i see a third scenario - Yoshida gets injured, VVD is still out and our CB's for the next few weeks are Stephens and Gardos.

If you saw any of the Arsenal game you will know that is not worth thinking about,

If option 1 cones true I think the number of moaners as you put it will be in the majority for so so many reasons!

I see 2 scenarios:

Or A) we don't sign a CB, 95% of the fanbase are f ucked off royally (doesn't suit your agenda but it's true I'm afraid), get dicked 5-0 in the final, maybe even relegated

B) sign a decent CB and striker and fans are happier

Let's hope our under-fire DoF delivers. The decision to play Isgrove Sat cost us a fee from Bristol City as well.