Schneiderlin

Clyne

Cork

Chambers

Lallana

Shaw

Lambert

Lovren

All that talent sold in just 3 years (completely and utterly unprecedented) 6 of those to Liverpool who now enjoy top 4 football and champions league

Reed is a cancer to this club

Yep, anybody other than Reed would've told them all to stay, and they would still be here. Every single one.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

There is a certain arrogance about the club these days that I find rather repulsive, and I can’t help but feel that this starts from Les Reed. He really has to go at the end of the season, this mess is his legacy.

Never ever forget how comfortable he was about pochettino, clyne, koeman. How nothing is done unless it is on our terms.

He went full on mental when suggesting we had the best midfield in the league.

Arrogant **** who is leading the charge to the championship

It’s weird article. It’s main argument appears to be that we’ve basically bought players who see the club as a stepping stone so don’t have the stomach for a relegation scrap. It falls short of saying that the players are technically not good enough and there’s no mention of Les in the article.

It also critiscises the managerial appointments, so without mentioning him, it does point at Reed.

Never ever forget how comfortable he was about pochettino, clyne, koeman. How nothing is done unless it is on our terms.

He went full on mental when suggesting we had the best midfield in the league.

Arrogant **** who is leading the charge to the championship

Leicester copied us when they won the league.

Leicester copied us when they won the league.

Not a peep from him now though. When was the last self-congratulating video? January 2017 I believe...Was that around the time we secured a league cup final spot?

Just baffles me that he gets off so lightly with the connected saints fans out there!

It also critiscises the managerial appointments, so without mentioning him, it does point at Reed.

Yep it does but it also suggests that MP and Puel were sound appointments in their own right, though ultimately they didn't have the 'it' factor to win over impressionable, wealthy young players (a euphemism for c**ts). Its an oddly passive-aggressive article and Wilson can't bring himself around to directly criticising the club.

Not a peep from him now though. When was the last self-congratulating video? January 2017 I believe...Was that around the time we secured a league cup final spot?

Just baffles me that he gets off so lightly with the connected saints fans out there!

Everything that goes right at the club is despite of him; everything that goes wrong at the club is because of him. Isn't that the mantra?

Yep, anybody other than Reed would've told them all to stay, and they would still be here. Every single one.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Possibly but once agents know you are only in football for the profit it's hard to change that !

There is a certain arrogance about the club these days that I find rather repulsive, and I can’t help but feel that this starts from Les Reed. He really has to go at the end of the season, this mess is his legacy.

Very well put. Arrogant board who believe we do things better than other clubs, arrogant half arsed squad that thinks it is much much better than it is. I feel totally disconnected from the club at the moment, doesn’t appear that the owners, the board or the players actually give two sh*ts about the club and so I question why I should. West Ham was about as poor as I can remember us playing since I’ve supported Saints. There have been worse results sure but the total lack of application, effort and desire given our position was appalling and unacceptable. The players should be ashamed but I know they aren’t, they’ll post something on Instagram and that’s it. Normally I’d have waited until the end to give them a piece of my mind but I decided not to waste my breath and left with 10 mins to go (first time in years).

There’s a cancer at our club at the moment, a total complacency and a culture of rewarding mediocracy (Forster new 5 year deal anyone?). Reed is the most powerful man at the club and is therefore responsible for this mess. He simply has to go. The thought of him trying to do it on the cheap or be clever to get us back up from the Championship fills me with dread and will be a one way ticket back to the lower leagues.!

Who is there to fire Reed? And if he is fired is there anyone on the Board who knows anything about football in England? that is my worry, the sale to absentee Chinese with criminal connections does not encourage me

Who is there to fire Reed? And if he is fired is there anyone on the Board who knows anything about football in England? that is my worry, the sale to absentee Chinese with criminal connections does not encourage me

Lawrie Mac ain't that far away that he cant be called upon for advice?

l

surely you know as well as everyone else that Les read will still be here at the start of next season in the championship, hes untouchable

Lawrie Mac ain't that far away that he cant be called upon for advice?

God save us from that, he was hopelessly out of date years ago, he was the one who wrote Poch off as 'the foreign lad who can't speak English'

Been saying for a while that Reed is a cancer at the club. I'm just glad that the view is broadly accepted by most fans now. That is the first true nail in his coffin. What matters, is that this summer the fanbase unites to pressure for change at board/management level. Nothing will change with these people at the helm. Even if we go down and bounce back up, their greed / inept mismanagement / both of the above, will hamstring us again and prevent us reaching our potential. Simply have to go.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Been saying for a while that Reed is a cancer at the club. I'm just glad that the view is broadly accepted by most fans now. That is the first true nail in his coffin. What matters, is that this summer the fanbase unites to pressure for change at board/management level. Nothing will change with these people at the helm. Even if we go down and bounce back up, their greed / inept mismanagement / both of the above, will hamstring us again and prevent us reaching our potential. Simply have to go.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If he stays we will not return in a hurry. He will replace those that leave with even lower quality.

My main worry with IF (likely) we go down is the contracts of the players/staff. Les has been handing them out like a chugger over the past few seasons. Some deserved and some really not (he even gave himself one).

If someone like Stephens is on 40k+ a week we really have to pray they all have relegation cuts in them or we are ****ed. Some of the gash will be easy to sell on but for many they will be on a lot of money with little prospect of making that elsewhere based on their performances. Redmond, Boufal, Forster, Hoedt, Carrillio, Long etc are unlikely to get better wage offers elsewhere imo. Players like Tadic, Bertrand, Lemina, Romeu and Gabbi would likely get more even if they are underserving.

In the last financial results our wages grew by 29% on the previous year. And with so many new contracts handed out and crazy signings like Carrillio this season you have to guess that number will go up further. One thing is for sure right now we are paying nearly £90m a season on wages. There is no way we would be able to pay that in the championship. These long expensive contracts could end up being the most damaging part of Les' legacy.

Can this guy be our president? We also play in red and white stripes.

https://www.besoccer.com/new/olympiakos-president-fines-players-and-sends-them-on-holiday-with-three-games-left-to-play-404571

"I and the rest of the fans have tolerated you enough. You will leave today and go on holiday"

"The amateur teams live with the basics, they love Olympiakos and their supporters much more than you do"

"(You think more about) the nice houses you live in and your cars and don't care about the team"

"I pay millions for you to have everything. With your actions I fired three coaches. But at the end it looks like you were at fault."

The bit in bold sounds familiar.

Can this guy be our president? We also play in red and white stripes.

https://www.besoccer.com/new/olympiakos-president-fines-players-and-sends-them-on-holiday-with-three-games-left-to-play-404571

"I and the rest of the fans have tolerated you enough. You will leave today and go on holiday"

"The amateur teams live with the basics, they love Olympiakos and their supporters much more than you do"

"(You think more about) the nice houses you live in and your cars and don't care about the team"

"I pay millions for you to have everything. With your actions I fired three coaches. But at the end it looks like you were at fault."

The bit in bold sounds familiar.

He's already got his feet into english football with Forest, and by all accounts he is a complete and utter crook.

He's already got his feet into english football with Forest, and by all accounts he is a complete and utter crook.

Damn, you're right, didn't see that coming.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/18/nottingham-forest-evangelos-marinakis-takeover

In other news that I stumbled upon while looking into this, how hard can the championship really be?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/sport-opinion/give-danny-fox-new-contract-1411967

Loved watching Oxlade and Mane tearing a team apart in a champions league quarter final last night, whilst VVD and Lovren maintained an imperious back line. And all this whilst Clyne and Lallana all sat out injured.

Oh wait, I wasn't watching Saints :mcinnes:

I guess all i was watching was the $$ signs in Les Reed's eyes. What a piece of ****.

Loved watching Oxlade and Mane tearing a team apart in a champions league quarter final last night, whilst VVD and Lovren maintained an imperious back line. And all this whilst Clyne and Lallana all sat out injured.

Oh wait, I wasn't watching Saints :mcinnes:

I guess all i was watching was the $$ signs in Les Reed's eyes. What a piece of ****.

Agree with your sentiment, but Cortese sold Oxlade-Chamberlain.

It seems his reputation is intact outside of Saints (& Charlton), gets the credit for his part in our rise (quite rightly), but his failings in the transfer windows and recruitment of two poor managers is overlooked.

please let that be true

Could this be a Burley Mk II, receiving compensation .. ?

Southampton are facing the prospect of off-field disruption as they battle against relegation, with the club’s vice-chairman in the running to take up a new position as technical director of the Premier League.

The Times has learnt that Les Reed, 65, features on a shortlist for the job drawn up by recruitment consultants appointed by the Premier League that also includes Kevin Thelwell, the sporting director at Wolves.

Reed’s departure would be a blow, as since joining the club as head of football development in 2010, he has played an important part in Southampton’s production line of successful academy products including Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Luke Shaw, Callum Chambers and James Ward-Prowse.

Since being promoted to the board the following year he has also had a pivotal role in signing players such as Virgil van Dijk, Sadio Mané and Morgan Schneiderlin, who have been sold for huge profits, as well as identifying managers Mauricio Pochettino and Ronald Koeman, although the more recent appointments of Claude Puel and Mauricio Pellegrino were less successful.

Reed was not available for comment yesterday and it is unclear whether he would choose to leave Southampton for the Premier League, a decision that would probably be influenced by whether the club stay in the top flight. Mark Hughes’s side are two points from safety, with a difficult final seven matches, starting with Sunday’s visit to Arsenal.

Another factor, if Reed is offered the job, will be the attitude of Southampton’s new majority owner, Gao Jisheng, who has maintained a hands-off approach since acquiring an 80 per cent stake in the club last summer, but may look to make changes at the end of the season in the event of relegation.

The Premier League is looking to revamp its football department, based on a technical director who would be responsible for overseeing youth development and maintaining good relations between the 20 clubs at executive level.

The new appointment would effectively combine the roles previously fulfilled by Ged Roddy, who left his position as the Premier League’s director of football development earlier this season, and Mike Foster, who stood down as director of football after 25 years at the Premier League last year.

Reed would appear to be a suitable candidate for the role given his considerable experience in both youth development and executive roles. He would also be well placed to build on the recently improved relations between the Premier League and the FA.

Poor article. Schneiderlin was signed before Reed had any association with the club and the academy players mentioned cannot be credited to him either.

Some praised Les for signing Fonte and Lambert while he was still assistant manager bishop stortford...

But taking credit for Morgan who joined years before.....

That really would be great news.

The only problem is that Wilson would probably take over and that concerns me.

Would be good news he'd left but, I have to admit, the thought of Les dragging us down and then hot footing it to a cushy new job would leave a sour taste...

Players sold by Les Reed

VVD

Rodriguez

Mane

Pelle

Wanyama

Fonte

Gazzaniga

Juanmi

Boruc

Schneiderlin

Clyne

Cork

Chambers

Lallana

Shaw

Lambert

Lovren

All that talent sold in just 3 years (completely and utterly unprecedented) 6 of those to Liverpool who now enjoy top 4 football and champions league

Jesus.

I'll drive the c**t to London.

Why is it that failed w*nkers always move on to higher positions and higher pay ?

He did sod-all for us except help KL eventually damp the momentum built up by ML and NC. No f**king loss whatsoever.

There is a school of thought in business that people are invariably promoted to their level of incompetence.

Players sold by Les Reed

VVD

Rodriguez

Mane

Pelle

Wanyama

Fonte

Gazzaniga

Juanmi

Boruc

Schneiderlin

Clyne

Cork

Chambers

Lallana

Shaw

Lambert

Lovren

the more you look at the list the more angry you get.

absolutely shocking and unprecedented

Les Reed = the Arthur Daley of the football world.

Paul Mitchell found the players and Old Les flogged them. Now, that Ross Wilson is only finding him duds there is nothing left for him to sell, so Old Les is moving on. It's been rumoured that he has been contacting clubs, including West Ham, letting them know he was available for months. This is the first time he has managed to get himself on a shortlist. Let's hope they are stupid enough to take him. Good riddance.

Les Reed = the Arthur Daley of the football world.

Paul Mitchell found the players and Old Les flogged them. Now, that Ross Wilson is only finding him duds there is nothing left for him to sell, so Old Les is moving on. It's been rumoured that he has been contacting clubs, including West Ham, letting them know he was available for months. This is the first time he has managed to get himself on a shortlist. Let's hope they are stupid enough to take him. Good riddance.

I did see Sullivan's comments and frankly a deluded club, owners and Les would be a perfect fit. I know what someone means when they've posted above that it would feel unfair that Les has shafted the club with 4 dismal windows and 2 pathetic managerial appointments in Puel and Pellegrino and then gets a PL job when we go down, but still having him on the payroll and him dithering when the club will need players in and out every week of the window practically would be far worse. Anyway, watching him ruin West Ham further and coining it in for their owners would be a crumb of comfort as their fans loathe the non stadium they now have.

Players sold by Les Reed

VVD

Rodriguez

Mane

Pelle

Wanyama

Fonte

Gazzaniga

Juanmi

Boruc

Schneiderlin

Clyne

Cork

Chambers

Lallana

Shaw

Lambert

Lovren

In the spirit of fairness, I think that you should point out that he signed most of them in the first place so he must have a good eye for talent which is more than can be said for Liverpool who had to pay through the nose for the same players !

2 pathetic managerial appointments in Puel and Pellegrino

Not sure this is fair as Puel is proving to be a much better manager than people gave him credit for. Yes, our performances at the tail end of last year weren't great, but he still had a successful season with us. I personally think that the only managerial mistake Les has made is this season; a) in appointing Pellegrino (who lots of fans wanted) and b) not acting sooner to rectify the mistake, but I understand that the club wanted to give the manager time to try and sort it out. I don't like the hiring and firing that now goes on in the football leagues. I like loyalty and stability, but that is my personal opinion.

Not sure this is fair as Puel is proving to be a much better manager than people gave him credit for. Yes, our performances at the tail end of last year weren't great, but he still had a successful season with us. I personally think that the only managerial mistake Les has made is this season; a) in appointing Pellegrino (who lots of fans wanted) and b) not acting sooner to rectify the mistake, but I understand that the club wanted to give the manager time to try and sort it out. I don't like the hiring and firing that now goes on in the football leagues. I like loyalty and stability, but that is my personal opinion.

So, you think puel is a good manager (fair enough argument) but that Les wasn't mistaken to sack him then? :?

What Puel's Leicester team prove is how bad our squad was last season. Something else that is Les' fault.

Players sold by Les Reed

VVD

Rodriguez

Mane

Pelle

Wanyama

Fonte

Gazzaniga

Juanmi

Boruc

Schneiderlin

Clyne

Cork

Chambers

Lallana

Shaw

Lambert

Lovren

I think more importantly are the high money purchases that have squandered the money that the good ones brought in.

Ramirez

Osvaldo

Guido

Boufal

That's about 70m I think.

It seems that the club are good at assessing players under 8m but when we push a bit more we seem to screw ourselves.

Its a bit like managers who seem to do well at a certain level but when they have to do it the next rung up it goes wrong. Aka Warnock and I think Sean Daish(?) the same

I think more importantly are the high money purchases that have squandered the money that the good ones brought in.

Ramirez

Osvaldo

Guido

Boufal

That's about 70m I think.

It seems that the club are good at assessing players under 8m but when we push a bit more we seem to screw ourselves.

Its a bit like managers who seem to do well at a certain level but when they have to do it the next rung up it goes wrong. Aka Warnock and I think Sean Daish(?) the same

We’ve had loads of low budget flops from Forren to Juanmi - the only difference is that they’re less noticeable and easier to absorb. By contrast, some of our more successful signings e.g. VVD and Mané were relatively expensive when we bought them.