Relegation Chances

Saint86

Brighton still have a pretty tough run, they've got all of the top 5 still to play in the league, so don't discount them just yet.

6 points at this stage is quite a lot as it relies on absolute dog**** teams like us and WBA winning 2 games on the bounce.

We’re ****ed. We havn’t beaten a single decent side this season, our only wins have come against teams that have been a complete shambles, and even then only one win was convincing.

Sack the Argie **** tomorrow and we might have a slight chance of staying up, keep him and we will finish second bottom.

Big result for Brighton, gives them a huge cushion with their upcoming games. You can start to see the gap developing between the less dross (Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton, Burnley etc) and the absolute bilge (ourselves/Stoke).

We continue to sleep walk to what is seemingly our goal, going by the lack of urgency at any level.

Its looking lie WBA, then two from Stoke, Palace, Saints, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Wham.

I think Palace will pull clear. Newcastle will sty up because of the St. James factor.

So the rest are really in it. If we finish 17th I will be ecstatic but can see us finishing 18th with a whimper.

What factor is that? :?

Newcastle have the 18th worst home record in the Premier League in 2017/18.

This "St. James' Park" factor has not helped them so far! If anything it is a hinderance! :rolleyes:

Because when the chips are really down I think the home fans can roar them on.

Big result for Brighton, gives them a huge cushion with their upcoming games. You can start to see the gap developing between the less dross (Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton, Burnley etc) and the absolute bilge (ourselves/Stoke).

We continue to sleep walk to what is seemingly our goal, going by the lack of urgency at any level.

Brighton are proof you can stay up in this league by basically being orthodox & put a shift in.

2 big lumps at the back & one up top & play to your strengths.

We’re ****ing doomed. Didn’t have the wherewithal to beat a terrible Stoke team. Brighton just beat Arsenal. I can see us losing at Newcastle, a bore draw at WHU. Loss at Leicester. Arsenal will be back to playing better by the time we get them. Bournemouth can score goals so we’ll need to do the same to beat them. Swansea are thrashing everyone right now, nompoints there. We’ll be gone by the time we get Everton anyway.

Can see us getting 3 more draws, tops. 31 sends us down. Pathetic.

Plucky club from the South Coast. Organised, well-drilled, know their jobs and play as a team. Try to score goals. Turn in decent performances against the top 6.

#TheSouthamptonWay.

EDIT - I mean #TheBrightonWay

I’m starting to think we’ll be safe doing it the hard way and getting nine draws from the remaining fixtures. Any wins will be reserved for the cup!

Assuming WBA remain in the relegation zone. The two places up for grabs look to be filled by Stoke, Crystal Palace, Newcastle or Huddersfield.

Trying to stay positive.

W. Ham aren’t looking too clever right now, particularly with Winston Reid picking up what looks like a serious injury yesterday.

They need to try and keep things tight at the back and hope Arnautovic & Lanzini can come up with enough to win games for them.

Just did the predictor and have us finishing on 34 points along with Huddersfield and Stoke, goal difference keeping us up.

Crazy that we could feasibly stay up with only 6 wins out of 38 games, it’s such a poor league again this season.

Can you see my point now?? It seems all the teams around us have managed a fluke win against one of the top 6 but we haven't, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Swansea and now Newcastle!

Brighton beating Arsenal, another minnow beating a top 6 team......and we can't even beat Stoke!

Our Home form is second worst in the division. It is that which places us under the threat of relegation. The away form is better than average but on previous (1 point per game) would deliver just 6 more points. Our odds have shortened to 7/2 for relegation.

I’m starting to think we’ll be safe doing it the hard way and getting nine draws from the remaining fixtures. Any wins will be reserved for the cup!

Assuming WBA remain in the relegation zone. The two places up for grabs look to be filled by Stoke, Crystal Palace, Newcastle or Huddersfield.

Trying to stay positive.

i will look to stay positive. Current 6 match form has given us 7 points, which is 1.16 points per match.

9 matches left x 1.16 = 10.44

28 points + 10.44 = 38 points. (with a good goal diff.)

If we keep current form, odds are we stay up. So, all is well (wink).

What does that have to do with the question I asked you?

(btw St James Park is in Exeter... not Newcastle ;))

Newcastle play at St. James' Park...if you want to be pedantic. The home atmosphere does make a difference, especially in the run in. In fact this was being debated on another thread. So, I stand by what I said originally.

Newcastle play at St. James' Park...if you want to be pedantic. The home atmosphere does make a difference, especially in the run in. In fact this was being debated on another thread. So, I stand by what I said originally.

And as I've already pointed out to you... Newcastle have the 18th worst home record this season in the Premier League! :mcinnes: :rolleyes:

So Newcastle's home atmosphere isn't helping them get home points from a significant sample of 14 out of 19 home games!

And as I've already pointed out to you... Newcastle have the 18th worst home record this season in the Premier League! :mcinnes: :rolleyes:

So Newcastle's home atmosphere isn't helping them get home points from a significant sample of 14 out of 19 home games!

I am not denying that, but I still believe in the final run in that Newcastle home is an intimidating place for away teams to go. I maintain ultimately that the Geordies will roar on their team.

Brighton beating Arsenal, another minnow beating a top 6 team......and we can't even beat Stoke!

It seems like all the other blind squirrels keep finding the odd nut to keep them nourished. Our lot must be ****ing blind, concussed with a broken leg or two.

Palace. Intensity, pace and effort. Rewarded with a goal. If only we tried a bit of that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazing isn't it. Brighton did the same against Arsenal yesterday, they were positive and had a good go at it and surprise surprise they were 2-0 up inside 30 mins.

Palace. Intensity, pace and effort. Rewarded with a goal. If only we tried a bit of that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't they know that if they try to score there's a danger the other team will.

Amateurs.

Looks like our name is written on the wooden spoon. Every ****ty team down there is getting results (and some of them against the big boys) meanwhile we can't even score against Stoke.

All the teams around us are playing positive football, they are going out to try and win the game rather than set up not to lose

Looks like our name is written on the wooden spoon. Every ****ty team down there is getting results (and some of them against the big boys) meanwhile we can't even score against Stoke.

I am convinced our Luck has run out hope I'm wrong...... no one can say we even deserve to stay up that's the scary thing!