Liverpool vs Saints - Build Up

Yorkshire Saint

“I think Hoedt has looked good this season”

Seriously, WTF.

Unfortunately one Mark Hughes seems to think this too. Or is told to by the management who want Yoshi out for some reason. Probably likes the club too much or something. Really terrible time at the moment. No faith in the set up or management. Or players' application, come to that

Sounds like Ings and Gabbi are out. I bet we go with only 1 up top, Long, because its Liverpool, and then bring Austin on at about 70 minutes to try and nick a goal

How has Gabbi got injured? He has barely played this season and with Ings unavailable due to the loan surely this,was Gabbi's chance to stake a first 11 place.

Considering everyone thinks we are going to lose badly might as well give Gallagher a go to see what he can do alongside Long what have we got to lose?

How has Gabbi got injured? He has barely played this season and with Ings unavailable due to the loan surely this,was Gabbi's chance to stake a first 11 place.

Considering everyone thinks we are going to lose badly might as well give Gallagher a go to see what he can do alongside Long what have we got to lose?

A game of football.

Why are so many talking as if keeping the score down is some sort of achievement. We all but snatched a draw at the Etihad last season and somebody will stop Liverpool eventually. Imagine if Lyon went to Man City last night saying, 'lets try and keep it below 3-0'.

Last season we just sat back and took a nice 'safe' 2-0/3-0 defeat in both games, it was pathetic. When we went 2-0 down at home, the players were playing as if this was an okay result for both sides and we'll all just see it out.

A game of football.

Why are so many talking as if keeping the score down is some sort of achievement. We all but snatched a draw at the Etihad last season and somebody will stop Liverpool eventually. Imagine if Lyon went to Man City last night saying, 'lets try and keep it below 3-0'.

Last season we just sat back and took a nice 'safe' 2-0/3-0 defeat in both games, it was pathetic. When we went 2-0 down at home, the players were playing as if this was an okay result for both sides and we'll all just see it out.

yeah but most people have decided it's already lost so I assume they don't really care what team we put out.

-------------------McCarthy-----------------

----Vestergaard-Yoshi-Bertrand----

Cedric - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Targett

-------------------Romeu------------------------

-------------PEH-----------Lemina----------

-----------------Redmond--------------------

--------------------Long-----------------------

Subs: Gunn, Stephens, Hoedt, Armstrong, Elyounoussi, Gallagher, Gabbiadini

It's lovely to see you lot FINALLY leaving Ploddy and Davis out the starting line-ups AND EVEN not on the bench. Happy days.

Now if Les Reed would nick Gao's spoons, who knows where it might end?

Matches aren't the only opportunities for injuries. Players can get injured in training or their private lives.

Adam BlackmoreVerified account @AdamBlackmore 4h4 hours agoMore

#saintsfc striker Manolo Gabbiadini pulled up in training today & will be assessed tomorrow, ahead of trip to #lfc Manager Mark Hughes hopes it’s not too serious - Saints already without Danny Ings at the weekend...

Our forwards without Ings look absolutely woeful.

Imagine if we hadn't signed him!

Should have let Long, Austin and Gabbi all go in the summer.

But for this game I would do Long with Armstrong in behind.

...and without Gabbiadini now it seems so if we do start with two up front it's Long & Austin, think of how much anguish that is going to cause on Merseyside.

My bet is also that we'll go 3 at the back with Yoshi at last getting the nod. Something like this?

McCarthy

Yoshida Vestergaard Hoedt

Cedric Romeu Bertrand

Hojberg Lemina

Long

Austin

Matches aren't the only opportunities for injuries. Players can get injured in training or their private lives.

Adam BlackmoreVerified account @AdamBlackmore 4h4 hours agoMore

#saintsfc striker Manolo Gabbiadini pulled up in training today & will be assessed tomorrow, ahead of trip to #lfc Manager Mark Hughes hopes it’s not too serious - Saints already without Danny Ings at the weekend...

err yes... That's two separate sentences one asking how he got injured and one pointing he hasn't played much and without Ings able to play it was his chance to take a claim. I assume you read it as how did he get injured he hasn't played much :D

Whereas the real fans will be at Anfield, making noise and doing everything they can to get behind the team. I doubt we'll get a result, but will do everything I can to be positive.

Yep and they will still moan like schoolkids all through the match

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's lovely to see you lot FINALLY leaving Ploddy and Davis out the starting line-ups AND EVEN not on the bench. Happy days.

Now if Les Reed would nick Gao's spoons, who knows where it might end?

Why do I got a capital FINALLY? I've not been the manager before. I applied after Puel but I wasn't willing to work weekends. They said otherwise I was pretty much definitely the best.

Who's Ploddy? Ward-Prowse? Or Hoedt? Or Stephens? Or Austin?

McCarthy

Cedric (since there is nobody else after the stupid idea to release Pied)

Yoshida

Vestergarrd

Hoedt (wouldn't be my choice but he'll play)

Bertrand

Lemina

PEH

Romeu

Redmond

Long

Basically, pray for anything under 4.

I notice the M6 is cone city - anyone have a decent alternative route from down here, preferably missing the M6 or a large chunk of it altogether?

McCarthy

Cedric (since there is nobody else after the stupid idea to release Pied)

Yoshida

Vestergarrd

Hoedt (wouldn't be my choice but he'll play)

Bertrand

Lemina

PEH

Romeu

Redmond

Long

Basically, pray for anything under 4.

I notice the M6 is cone city - anyone have a decent alternative route from down here, preferably missing the M6 or a large chunk of it altogether?

Train

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

In the Guardian this morning:

"In games where Southampton have set up to attack, such as their win at Crystal Palace, they have looked encouraging, good even. But they simply do not seem to have the personnel or tactical nous to park the bus. Which brings us to Saints’ trip to Anfield this weekend. What will Hughes do? Try and go toe-to-toe with Salah and co, or defend deep and sleepwalk their way to a 3-0 defeat?"

I'm anticipating a 3-0 defeat as we certainly lack defensive ability and tactical nous can't be nurtured in a week.

In the Guardian this morning:

"In games where Southampton have set up to attack, such as their win at Crystal Palace, they have looked encouraging, good even. But they simply do not seem to have the personnel or tactical nous to park the bus. Which brings us to Saints’ trip to Anfield this weekend. What will Hughes do? Try and go toe-to-toe with Salah and co, or defend deep and sleepwalk their way to a 3-0 defeat?"

I'm anticipating a 3-0 defeat as we certainly lack defensive ability and tactical nous can't be nurtured in a week.

That's pretty much nail on the head we don't really have the quality to go toe to toe with them but we are also incapable of parking a bus properly

That's pretty much nail on the head we don't really have the quality to go toe to toe with them but we are also incapable of parking a bus properly

We haven't even got a bus. It's more like a caravan. Underequipped, unpowered, and frequently untethered.

Why do I got a capital FINALLY? I've not been the manager before. I applied after Puel but I wasn't willing to work weekends. They said otherwise I was pretty much definitely the best.

Who's Ploddy? Ward-Prowse? Or Hoedt? Or Stephens? Or Austin?

FINALLY, avid Saints fans, who post their comments and opinions on this website, have reached a near consensus point. Ward Ploddy Prowse and Davis are FINALLY considered not to be good enough, on more and more posters preferred starting + subs lineups. My opinion/comment did not infer that any poster is better than any of the managers at team selection, although we are allowed a valid/invalid opinion. My own opinion on Hughes is that I have disagreed with pretty much all of his subs choices so far and too many of his starting line-ups. I think Yoshida/Bedbnarek when fit, should always start instead of Hoedt. What's happened to Armstrong? If fit he should have come on instead of Prowse or Davis, as should have Targett. Again my opinion, Les Reed has protected his protegee Ploddy, against competition, for far too long, inc no Sims,Hesketh or H Reed cos gone on loan and it's about time Reed was got rid of. Should Prowse be sold in Jan? Unfotunately, I am not sure that anyone would want him. Def yes, if poss.

There was a no 19 playing for Fulham at the weekend, who drifted about, never marking, always near the

action but never in it. I thought that is just what Prowse does, at any game, there, but never actually in it defensively. Agree/disagree.

I'd probably go with:

--------------------- McCarthy -----------------------

Cedric ---- Yoshida ---- Vestergaard ---- Bertrand

---------- Romeu ---- Lemina ---- Hojberg ----------

Mo ------------------------------------------ Redmond

------------------------ Long -------------------------

I have Mane, Firmino and Salah in my fantasy prem for this week.

My work mates and I all chip in £50 and so from the 11 or so of us that do it, the winner gets £500 profit.

will captain Salah this weekend.

I just don't see anything but a 2-0 defeat- however, I predict that both those goals will come second half. Liverpool will work hard for this win is my prediction, but they will do it.

Had a quick look on RAWK, most of them think they'll win 4-0, 5-0 or even 6-0. They don't like Mark Hughes much (understandable given he is a United boy) and are very glad Ings can't play.

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow, I'll watch it but I don't think it'll be pleasant viewing.

Watch it mate but stay away from the match thread, i will be mass suicide on there, mixed with some glee from some unless they are playing golf

Had a quick look on RAWK, most of them think they'll win 4-0, 5-0 or even 6-0. They don't like Mark Hughes much (understandable given he is a United boy) and are very glad Ings can't play.

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow, I'll watch it but I don't think it'll be pleasant viewing.

They're deluded 'bin dippers', typically. It'll be 8 or 9-0.

...and without Gabbiadini now it seems so if we do start with two up front it's Long & Austin, think of how much anguish that is going to cause on Merseyside.

My thought on reading that was how I always groaned whenever Long or Austin played against us.

Then I remembered how long ago that was.