Bombey 0 v 0 Saints match + reaction thread

Shroppie

Full time thank ****

Hanging on against AFCB!!! A new low

Hanging on? we had the best chances by far and Macca didn't have a save to make.

It was a solid performance and a good brave sub by Hughes by swapping the ineffectual Ings and Austin for Long and Gabbi and we almost nicked it at the end.

Holjberg was top class, Redmond was hot and cold, both full backs had good moments and Hoedt and Stephens played very well today.

Certainly a very positive performance and a well earned point - but i think we deserved all three.

Also, If Cedric and Bertrand had more quality in the cross today we could have created even more chances.

Hughes HAS to stop playing Charlie Austin, he may have been good once but he was useless today as shown by his one on one - simply no confidence and no pace. Championship player nowadays.

Gabbi and Ings next upfront please!

Hanging on? we had the best chances by far and Macca didn't have a save to make.

It was a solid performance and a good brave sub by Hughes by swapping the ineffectual Ings and Austin for Long and Gabbi and we almost nicked it at the end.

Holjberg was top class, Redmond was hot and cold, both full backs had good moments and Hoedt and Stephens played very well today.

Certainly a very positive performance and a well earned point - but i think we deserved all three.

We had a chance and Gabbi shoulda scored for sure.

Maybe its more the feeling of inevitability that AFCB would score, but I certainly wasnt relaxed and enjoying the last 10-15

Also, If Cedric and Bertrand had more quality in the cross today we could have created even more chances.

Hughes HAS to stop playing Charlie Austin, he may have been good once but he was useless today as shown by his one on one - simply no confidence and no pace. Championship player nowadays.

Gabbi and Ings next upfront please!

Agree with this. Austin has had his day.

It was a solid performance. Nothing more. We kept them at the bay with relative ease but rarely cut them open and were horrifically direct.

Edited by shurlock

Anything less than a draw would have been hugely unfair, and that's a decent result, though a poor game of football. I can't remember the center backs putting a foot wrong despite the doom and gloom numpties on here writing the game off before a ball was kicked.

He'll be blaming the travelling fans later on no doubt. Didn't show enough vitriol towards the board during the game, or some such rubbish.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Probably, or he will call us to protest but do nothing... I just wish he wasn't quoted so often

Anything less than a draw would have been hugely unfair, and that's a decent result, though a poor game of football. I can't remember the center backs putting a foot wrong despite the doom and gloom numpties on here writing the game off before a ball was kicked.

Yup, I expected the worse and happy to be proved wrong. Bournemouth weren't at the races but defensively we looked solid. McCarthy didn't have a lot to do and that's down to us stopping their play.

Hughes set the team out to frustrate a free-scoring Bournemouth team who are coming off four goals scored against Watford. To put it another way, four goals are two thirds of our entire season’s effort. Saints played well and should have won. Armstrong and Gabbiadini missed great chances. Bournemouth’s best chance was probably a free Ake header from a corner, but he powered it right at McCarthy.

I was worried about our defending coming in, but it was solid. Bertrand looked a bit out of sorts.

Defence wise I thought we were pretty good. Kept them well at bay. Don't think they really had a chance did they?

However the other end is where I worry. We just don't seem to attack very well. Mo and Austin haven't really done much to justify their places. Time to start Gabbi imo.

Hughes has a 17% win ratio now, needs to change and change fast.

Good point but Redmond was dire, Austin was poor, Ely was ineffective and Ings had no decent service. MOTM was Hojberg...as good as any performance put in by Schniederlin or Wanyama. Lemina getting back to his better self. The back line worked, but against better opposition make no mistake there would be no clean sheet.

Give it a rest. We were organised and had the clearest chances.

A few on here tasting humble pie about our defensive organisation

Quite true - Stephen's pace today was crucial and Hoedt had a reasonable game too. Hojbjerg, far and away our best. Austin, Armstrong and Gabbi's misses were very frustrating. Thought Hughes should have replaced Austin earlier. Moi and Armstrong both very underwhelming at this stage - Moi in particular was hardly sighted.

"we looked the better side"

"we had better chances"

shoulda, coulda, woulda. So sick of hearing it. How many points have we dropped so far this season, being the better side and having better chances?

You know, an away point is only good when you win your home games. How is that working out for us?

6 points in 9 matches.. we are pace to finish with 24 points. Not good.

As I predicted, AFCB were absolutely woeful. They never, ever turn up against us. We should have won the game with the chances we had.

Saying that, go and win the game FFS. We were playing against L1 quality today.

It's a clean sheet and a point - better than leaving another weekend empty handed.

Another chapter in Stephens' curate's egg of a career. I think he's played in most of our best defensive performances in the last 18 months - and our worst. Perhaps it doesn't all come down to one man. Anyway, he was solid, calm, very good. Hoedt wasn't bad either.

We weren't much cop on the ball, but still managed to foul up a couple of scrappy chances, which could've made the day a sight better.

Austin was, unsurprisingly, a wheezing carthorse up front, but I am a little worried about Ings' mobility. Pre back-to-back knee operations, his game was all about pace in behind, but his movement looks quite laboured to me.

Where are the goals coming from?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk