Ralph Hasenhuttl

SuperSAINT

Anyone got any ideas about who Ralph H will bring in with him, assuming he is not going to rely on our two GK coaches as his team. Did he have a backup team at RBL that left with him?

I like the idea of RH, he looks like he may be just waht we need (never heard of him before). My concern really is whether he can get our current crop of poor quality players to perform in anything like his style in the remainder of this season. You cannot suddenly transform a unch of players who give the appearance of being unfit into a high pressing outfit. That sort of fitness requires pre-season preparation, you cannot add that mid season (at least not in a PL mid season when games come thick and fast). There are very few of our players who seem to fit the mould, Long (but he can's score), Lemina, Redmond, maybe Ings and hopefully Armstrong and Hojbjerg. What Ralph will make of Austin, JWP and Vestegaard God only knows.

In the end we can only get back to the old ways (I hesitate to use the term Southampton Way) when we have a Board that has a vision and a plan, while we are stuck with Krueger and Kat and what Gao seems to offer (i.e. nothing) it will not happen, whoever the manager and DoF is. We also need to be a bit more ruthless and upgrade on Watson and dare I say Kelv.

To be honest, if he gets them fitter, organised, not making silly defensive mistakes and does proper substitutions, that'll be a huge margin better already. You never know, Arsenal at home could be a first home win for over a year as the players want to impress ...

Maybe I'm dreaming.

Me too!

Us 3 should meet up pre/post match and Av it large.

We're the Three Best Friends

That Anyone Could Have

That Anyone Could Have

That Anyone Could Have

And We'll Never ever ever ever

Leave Eachother

I'd love this.

Me too!

That Anyone Could Have

That Anyone Could Have

That Anyone Could Have

Leave Eachother

Christ! the Good the bad and the HVW :lol:

Anyone got any ideas about who Ralph H will bring in with him, assuming he is not going to rely on our two GK coaches as his team. Did he have a backup team at RBL that left with him?

I like the idea of RH, he looks like he may be just waht we need (never heard of him before). My concern really is whether he can get our current crop of poor quality players to perform in anything like his style in the remainder of this season. You cannot suddenly transform a unch of players who give the appearance of being unfit into a high pressing outfit. That sort of fitness requires pre-season preparation, you cannot add that mid season (at least not in a PL mid season when games come thick and fast). There are very few of our players who seem to fit the mould, Long (but he can's score), Lemina, Redmond, maybe Ings and hopefully Armstrong and Hojbjerg. What Ralph will make of Austin, JWP and Vestegaard God only knows.

In the end we can only get back to the old ways (I hesitate to use the term Southampton Way) when we have a Board that has a vision and a plan, while we are stuck with Krueger and Kat and what Gao seems to offer (i.e. nothing) it will not happen, whoever the manager and DoF is. We also need to be a bit more ruthless and upgrade on Watson and dare I say Kelv.

I am happy with Kelvin, he is of proven loyalty, we need at least one with a love of the club and of the area, he is not the top guy (except for one week) he deserves full support as he gave as a player. Don't understand people knocking him

The problem is, would anyone pay £30m for Bertrand?

I doubt it...

Young skilful England defender, who is also our captain (sort of). I'd hope so. Chelsea? Liverpool? Man U? Citeh even?

Maybe not 30, but certainly enough to stop us selling two, I'd say (and given his general attitude/ performance). Mind you, always smiled at him looking into the camera and at his wris****ch and winking, and his style might suit the new manager

When the u has an umlaut accent above it, it is a bit tricky to pronounce. Closest sound to it in English is "oo". I was taught that you form your lips as though to say "oo", but then try to say the "ee" sound.
There is a video on Sky Sports of Klopp talking about him and how to pronounce his name...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Me too!

That Anyone Could Have

That Anyone Could Have

That Anyone Could Have

Leave Eachother

I'm going too. You should be able to spot me, I'm bringing my Puel In banner.

Young skilful England defender, who is also our captain (sort of). I'd hope so. Chelsea? Liverpool? Man U? Citeh even?

Maybe not 30, but certainly enough to stop us selling two, I'd say (and given his general attitude/ performance). Mind you, always smiled at him looking into the camera and at his wris****ch and winking, and his style might suit the new manager

Bertrand's 29. He's at his peak, and yet playing worse than ever.

No-one with £30m to throw at a full back will be looking at him when there are younger, better players around.

He might think he's better than us, but I think he's pretty much our level and can only move sideways now.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

For the first time in a very long time I am genuinely excited by the next few months. The dinosaur has gone - what an unmitigated disaster and whoever game him a 3 year contract wants their head examined - and we may finally getting back to where we thrived with a progressive coach.

Saying Pellegrino was going to be attacking, play the press, etc was obvious spin as anyone with half a brain could see there was absolutely nothing in his CV that showed any sign of the sort. It was a desperation hire: having said that Hughes made him seem a lot less worse than he really was!

The bar for assists and goals in our team is quite low.

Redmond for example has 1 goal and 3 assists in 45 appearances, this season and last. Stretch it out further and he has 8 goals, 4 assists in 80 games. And even if you claim he didn't take set pieces, he played more minutes and in more advanced positions than JWP.

Simple fact is over the last two years JWPs contribution to the team is no worse off than anyone elses, and its better than most of them, and he played less minutes. Certainly you can be critical he should do more and I'd agree, but people claiming he is crap and doesn't do anything are way off.

Anyway IMO everyone has a clean slate under the new manager to show what they can do, new ideas, new system, new style of play, we'll see who impresses, I presume if this guy keeps us up there will be a cull in the summer anyway and a rebuilding job for those who miss the cut.

In a minute per goal+assist basis, he's actually 4th most 'effective' over the 16/17 + 17/18 seasons, behind only JRod (16/17 season only), Austin, and Gabby. Slips down to 6th when including this years stats (i.e. Ings and Armstrong). Not that I'm suggesting this figure is the only measure of a player :rolleyes:

*I reserve the right for my figures to be wrong/way off :D (Prem games only)

Apologies, just read the topic comment...feel free to remove

Back on topic...

Is he known for being able to organise defences?

Edited by Donatello

When the u has an umlaut accent above it, it is a bit tricky to pronounce. Closest sound to it in English is "oo". I was taught that you form your lips as though to say "oo", but then try to say the "ee" sound.

Dave Merrington's worst nightmare....!