Oriol Romeu

Shroppie

I may be a soft shite but I like the fact we are prepared to work with players who have been good servants to us to get the moves they would like.  Both Romeu & Tadic are recent examples of this, Lambert as well many years ago.  All players that were arguably worth more to us than the fees we got for them and left the club weaker overall, but shows we value them as human beings rather than as commodities.

Compare that to how Levy clings onto Kane at Spuds...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

I may be a soft shite but I like the fact we are prepared to work with players who have been good servants to us to get the moves they would like.  Both Romeu & Tadic are recent examples of this, Lambert as well many years ago.  All players that were arguably worth more to us than the fees we got for them and left the club weaker overall, but shows we value them as human beings rather than as commodities.

Compare that to how Levy clings onto Kane at Spuds...

You say clings on to Kane, but Kane was happy to sign a contract for this period. He could have easily said no a few years ago, and won everything.

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

You say clings on to Kane, but Kane was happy to sign a contract for this period. He could have easily said no a few years ago, and won everything.

It's a fair comment, and Kane clearly isn't kicking up a fuss and may well get a move to Bayern anyway, albeit I doubt they would have been his first choice.  On the flip side a lot can change in the 4-6 years players sign contracts for, and spurs were a lot stronger when he signed it.  

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Yep. We could have pulled the plug

anyway . Matters not now

You’re literally just arguing on pedantics now

Lavia got injured on Tuesday night, Romeu transfer was done on the Thursday…

- It generally takes 3-5 days to get a scan post injury depending on the injury

- Romeu wasn’t in the squad in the Tues so likely we’d ratified most of the deal and certainly had the chat to allow him to leave

So no.. I really don’t think its a reasonable assumption to think we could of ditched the plans that late in the day, had Lavia got injured earlier than maybe we would of pulled it ? Who knows

As I said, hindsight says it was a poor choice, but at the time it wasn’t so bad

18 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

the problem of using your brother (?) to be your agent. He was stitched and naive imo

19 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Not quite the same, but similar to Zaha. He signed a long contract, Palace never sold him so he had to honour that contract and now the window on him getting a big move has closed and he's had to settle.

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

the problem of using your brother (?) to be your agent. He was stitched and naive imo

how was he stitched? Was he not told of the length of the contract? Was he not told he signed a contract?

Kane, despite Levy holding him down, signed a deal for x-length of time.  If he genuinely thought Spurs would challenge Liverpool/City then he is pretty deluded to be fair

21 hours ago, Dellman said:

The most ridiculous sale was Mane but pundits on this site were only too pleased to see him go

Really impressive to get quite so much wrong in only one sentence, so congratulations.

Edited by CB Fry

23 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

how was he stitched? Was he not told of the length of the contract? Was he not told he signed a contract?

Kane, despite Levy holding him down, signed a deal for x-length of time.  If he genuinely thought Spurs would challenge Liverpool/City then he is pretty deluded to be fair

He was foolish enough to believe that he would be allowed to leave all on Levy's word. He also signed a 6 year contract, yes probably on decent terms but still not putting in a release clause was another mistake. A proper agent would have been more of a match and Kane may well have won things. Not that is everything, aka MLT.

It does seem to be the measure that you are judged by what you have won.

On 31/07/2023 at 13:28, OldNick said:

He was foolish enough to believe that he would be allowed to leave all on Levy's word. He also signed a 6 year contract, yes probably on decent terms but still not putting in a release clause was another mistake. A proper agent would have been more of a match and Kane may well have won things. Not that is everything, aka MLT.

It does seem to be the measure that you are judged by what you have won.

Probably correct tbh. 99.9% guaranteed a league title in Germany and a proper chance at Big Ears. 

His bedside table will have some silver stuff on it to make up for a goal record. 

Probably help England at the same time. 30 years old or what ever he is got to do it. 

You could cut Tiss in half and he would look like a stick of Rock with Saints written through him. (so thankful by the way that Chelsea check is in a frame on his wall somewhere). 

Fair play to him from an English player point of view, I’d probably watch a few more Bunders games on the tele. (Even though the games I have watched are pretty crap tbf. 

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I caught some of a Barcelona game a couple of weeks back. I was about to switch over, when I saw Oriel and stayed to cheer every touch he got, until he got subbed. A happy 20mins 🙂

He’s started all 3 of their league games. The only shame for him is that Barca aren’t at Nou Camp this season due to refurbs, they’re playing at the old Olympic stadium.