The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

56 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

How can you not do it right? Surely the car furthest forward merges first and that's it.

I’m afraid not. If the traffic with priority has to adjust to you then you’re forcing your way in. You may get lucky and have someone give way to you but you should adjust your speed to match the traffic on your right and join when appropriate.

Highway Code (259)

Edited by Whitey Grandad

People on the M27 (50 mph limit with average speed cameras) who have no ability to regulate their speed.  Slow down to 45, ok I’ll overtake you. Oh, you’ve speeded up to 55, I’ll pull back in behind you. Oh I see, you’ve slowed down to 45 again, great. Rinse and repeat.

2 hours ago, The Kraken said:

People on the M27 (50 mph limit with average speed cameras) who have no ability to regulate their speed.  Slow down to 45, ok I’ll overtake you. Oh, you’ve speeded up to 55, I’ll pull back in behind you. Oh I see, you’ve slowed down to 45 again, great. Rinse and repeat.

Yes, that really is the pits.

9 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I’m afraid not. If the traffic with priority has to adjust to you then you’re forcing your way in. You may get lucky and have someone give way to you but you should adjust your speed to match the traffic on your right and join when appropriate.

Highway Code (259)

We are talking about different things. I have a couple in my area, a two lane road into one and two lanes into one after a set of traffic lights. Neither have priority and at rush hour both lanes are full and slow moving so merging should be simple, one car from each lane at a time.

7 hours ago, buctootim said:

British Airways first class isnt what it used to be 

I have a friend who is cabin crew for a notable Middle Eastern airline. She’s blonde, quite attractive and on one particular flight to Pakistan a gentleman, upon seeing her, began ‘enjoying himself’ right there in his seat. Faeces on the seats and floor isn’t entirely uncommon either.

4 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

We are talking about different things. I have a couple in my area, a two lane road into one and two lanes into one after a set of traffic lights. Neither have priority and at rush hour both lanes are full and slow moving so merging should be simple, one car from each lane at a time.

Ok, fairy muff.

I think the problem in these instances is that the lane markings are biased to one side.

the amount of people who bullsh1t about their lives. If i had a pound for the amount of people ive met who but for an injury would have been a pro footballer/golfer/rugby player. F*ck me there are thousands of people out there on premier league clubs books who did their knee right at the time when decisions were being made about signing them on pro deals. 

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

So that would be mongs following the Highways Agency advice ?

Yes, those are the ones, maybe you know them?

The signs are 'advisory' and I don't have an issue with the mongs following them in the inside lane, but when they spread out across all lanes, that's the frustration - especially when the rain stopped ten minutes ago and the road is now just a bit 'damp'.

People who begin answers with, "Listen,....". Blair seemed to start this and now loads of people do it. Rude, arrogant, aloof, slightly sinister, cuntish way to converse.

So, people who begin sentences with,  "So", as well. Jelly-brained morons. 

1 hour ago, benjii said:

People who begin answers with, "Listen,....". Blair seemed to start this and now loads of people do it. Rude, arrogant, aloof, slightly sinister, cuntish way to converse.

So, people who begin sentences with,  "So", as well. Jelly-brained morons. 

You can see with so many politician interviews now that they use more assertive language than previously. Also ‘let’s be clear’

Edited by whelk

51 minutes ago, The Cat said:

"Are you free for a Teams chat about this?"

No, just fucking email me like you used to and I'll get around to it when I have time.

Also people who just say hi or hello on Teams and don’t type anything until they get a response back. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Commentators who say ‘that’s good refereeing’ when all the ref has done is  ‘played on’ like it is some skill to see a foul and realise team fouled have the ball so you don’t whistle immediately. Great skill that

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2021 at 19:54, whelk said:

Commentators who say ‘that’s good refereeing’ when all the ref has done is  ‘played on’ like it is some skill to see a foul and realise team fouled have the ball so you don’t whistle immediately. Great skill that

The other one is where commentors (normally the ex footballer pundit) say 'that was intelligent play', where a player stops a quick counter attack by fouling the opposition, it is particularly said when the defence would be overloaded. Is it really that intelligent to spot that you are out numbered or in a risky position.

3 hours ago, stknowle said:

People who use the initial of their 2nd name in their signatures. Jack P Shepherd.

This, and also people who list qualifications in their email signature. It's a BA Hons (probably a 2:2) for God's sake. Everyone has one and nobody cares. 

• Like 1