Moussa Djenepo

SuperSAINT

1 hour ago, ally_uk said:

If a club came in with 10 million i'd take the money and run to the championship and sign the best upcoming winger we can find 

Buendia, if only we had a chance. Like pereira at West Brom, but better. 

Amazed he stayed at Norwich last season destined for a big club. 

22 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

I assume your idea of decent players was Norman Hunter and Billy Bremner?

They were decent, miles above any of the shower  we’ve got at St Mary’s  at the moment. . Particularly Bremner who was a superb player. Other than that, great point well made. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

They were decent, miles above any of the shower  we’ve got at St Mary’s  at the moment. . Particularly Bremner who was a superb player. Other than that, great point well made. 

They were thugs who would be completely out of place in the modern game. Kicking lumps out of opponents isn't something to be applauded. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

They were thugs who would be completely out of place in the modern game. Kicking lumps out of opponents isn't something to be applauded. 

If we had a couple of Bremner and Hunter type " Winners " in the team we wouldnt be getting stuffed every week .

Thoughts on Billy Bremner. 

MLG- He was a thug.

Pele- He was the best player at the 1974 World Cup. 

Anyone who thinks Bremner & Hunter were just thugs is either completely clueless or never saw them play. 

Anyway, back on topic. Anyone who doesn’t think Djenppo needs to toughen, up is pretty clueless as well. 

14 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

If we had a couple of Bremner and Hunter type " Winners " in the team we wouldnt be getting stuffed every week .

Can see us getting stuffed regularly with the nine-man team we'd have after about 15 mins. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

MLG- He was a thug.

Anyone who thinks Bremner & Hunter were just thugs is either completely clueless or never saw them play. 

It is not 1974, you are not living in the 1970s. If they played like they did in the 1970s they'd rarely stay on the pitch in 2021.

Edited by Matthew Le God

14 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

MLG- He was a thug.

Anyway, back on topic. Anyone who doesn’t think Djenppo needs to toughen, up is pretty clueless as well. 

Brian Clough used to refer to them as "thugs" as referenced in the link below. I don't believe he was completely clueless, and certainly saw them play. 

Quote unquote: Clough, Leeds, dustbins and cheats - Football365

BTW - I actually agree with your general comment that we need stronger leaders/winners in the current team. There is certainly a lack of mental strength regularly displayed. 

16 minutes ago, WALK DMC said:

Brian Clough used to refer to them as "thugs" as referenced in the link below. I don't believe he was completely clueless, and certainly saw them play. 

Quote unquote: Clough, Leeds, dustbins and cheats - Football365

BTW - I actually agree with your general comment that we need stronger leaders/winners in the current team. There is certainly a lack of mental strength regularly displayed. 

Read what I wrote again, concentrating on the word “just”. 

It’s laughable that people think players wouldn’t adapt to rule changes and would therefore get sent off every week if they were miraculously transported to 2021. These were highly intelligent footballers, who knew the game inside out.

You’re right, mental strength is totally lacking with players like Djneppo. You don’t have to be running around kicking people to show that. Mane has it, Tadic had it. 

20 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s laughable that people think players wouldn’t adapt to rule changes and would therefore get sent off every week if they were miraculously transported to 2021. These were highly intelligent footballers, who knew the game inside out.

But would they be as effective with the brutality removed from their game?

5 hours ago, the saint in winchester said:

I assume your idea of decent players was Norman Hunter and Billy Bremner?

They were just tough players in an era where you had to man up on the field or youd be found out, not like the non contact cheating divers we have to watch nowadays.

• 1 year later...

Wanted to say thought djenepo looked great attacking wise against Leeds was skinning the full back for fun .. few stopovers and gone. Put some nice crosses in too..

not giving up on him yet when he can beat players with ease like that we don’t really have anyone else capable of doing that..

I actually think he would be interesting in one of the positions stuey or elyounoussi played where he would get license to roam 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I actually think he would be interesting in one of the positions stuey or elyounoussi played where he would get license to roam 

“Interesting” wouldn’t be the word I’d use. He’s fucking pony, he’s had chance after chance. Most games he  looks like a bloody great fairy mincing around & constantly feigning injury. 

22 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

“Interesting” wouldn’t be the word I’d use. He’s fucking pony, he’s had chance after chance. Most games he  looks like a bloody great fairy mincing around & constantly feigning injury. 

We lack players that can make something out of nothing.. he is tricky unpredictable and can beat players for fun like he showed Saturday 

• 9 months later...

He’s an easy one to dismiss and forget as he had so few chances under Jones and Selles, however we’ll be hard pushed to get a player with his trickery in the Championship and may look back and appreciate him more. Having said that, he’s been around the club for a long time and it could be said he’s an integral part of the malaise the club finds itself in. And now we’ve got some young and hungry attacking talent coming through, it’s best for both parties for him to move on.

5 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

He’s an easy one to dismiss and forget as he had so few chances under Jones and Selles, however we’ll be hard pushed to get a player with his trickery in the Championship and may look back and appreciate him more. Having said that, he’s been around the club for a long time and it could be said he’s an integral part of the malaise the club finds itself in. And now we’ve got some young and hungry attacking talent coming through, it’s best for both parties for him to move on.

Yeah, I'd be happy to keep him.  It was a strange signing because his best position seems to be as an out and out winger but he's rarely had the opportunity to play as one.  Certainly under RH it was all about working against the ball and cutting inside but think we could have utilised him far better. 

I'd really only want him as a squad option so if he goes then it's not going to be the end of the world and definitely need to get the size of the squad down.

2 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Yeah, I'd be happy to keep him.  It was a strange signing because his best position seems to be as an out and out winger but he's rarely had the opportunity to play as one.  Certainly under RH it was all about working against the ball and cutting inside but think we could have utilised him far better. 

I'd really only want him as a squad option so if he goes then it's not going to be the end of the world and definitely need to get the size of the squad down.

I think the issue with him is that his best qualities don’t match the style of play Martin and Wilcox want to bring about…he’s all about running at defences rather than controlling the ball and releasing it to a teammate. Don’t know, but reckon his pass completion stats and his assists are low so that alone would rule him out.

1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

it doesn't surprise me that he sees himself above our current level

Where has he said that?? 

As others as said he doesn't suit the way we play, but definitely a good option for any club happy to play him as a proper winger

23 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Me too, the obvious thing to me is that we've coached away some of his raw instinct. When he arrived he just constantly took players on and in his first few games scored two of our best goals from that season.

28 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

I think the issue with him is that his best qualities don’t match the style of play Martin and Wilcox want to bring about…he’s all about running at defences rather than controlling the ball and releasing it to a teammate. Don’t know, but reckon his pass completion stats and his assists are low so that alone would rule him out.

Not trying to be clever but what wide attacking players do you think do suit that style of play? I'm struggling. Nathan Redmond? 

31 minutes ago, Mr Saints said:

Forgot he existed until he randomly popped up towards the end of the season. 

That's not on him, that's on the series of buffoons we had to manage us. He's a 100 % 'er, so ok in my book. 

4 hours ago, Barsiem said:

As others as said he doesn't suit the way we play, 

What style would suit him? There’s  not many tactical formations that call for wide men mincing around doing stepovers before losing the ball/treading on it, or passing it straight into touch, followed up by then going off injured after rolling around in agony for 2 minutes because someone brushed against him.

He’s fucking pony, he’ll be atrocious in the championship. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What style would suit him? There’s  not many tactical formations that call for wide men mincing around doing stepovers before losing the ball/treading on it, or passing it straight into touch, followed up by then going off injured after rolling around in agony for 2 minutes because someone brushed against him.

You seem a bit on the fence with him.

Do we keep or not?

• Haha 7

35 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

That made me laugh. 
Obviously not good enough for the Prem, but I reckon he could be useful next season bamboozling opposition defences, if he has no idea what he’s doing next, then nor will they. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Agreed. He's a terrible footballer. 

Djenepo is a prime example of the sort of player we need to move away from, rather than keep. 

I wasn’t a big fan of Gaston or Boufal, they were over rated by some of our fan base. But fucking hell, they’re a million miles ahead of Djneppo, it’s like comparing The Beatles to Freddie & the dreamers.

Although to be honest, Djennpo’s style and step overs are more Freddie than Gaston. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd actually keep hold of Djenepo as a squad player. He has that unpredictability that may win 1 or 2 games during a season in the Championship. I agree that he's not the best and that I wouldn't want him starting often, but I think under the right management he can be useful.

As with many of our squad, I guess it all depends on what offers we receive and if we'd rather stick or twist.