Pre-Season 2019 Thread

SuperSAINT

not watching the game but saw their goal from the 56 second clip on Twitter

lost the ball in the middle left us very vulnerable

defence all over the place (especially Vestegaard I thought)

but to be honest, i don't mind. i actually hope we are threatened more so we aren't lulled into a false sense of security! then we can iron out those deficiencies come the Burnley game!

however, also praise to Redmond and Adams for leading the press for our goal.

With Adams and Redmond looking dangerous as a front two, Ings is almost redundant. Shame Djenepo isn't on the bench as a replacement.

If Romeu were fit, and if this was a real game, I'd be tempted to take Ings off, push JWP forward to #10 and put Romeu alongside Hojbjerg. Maybe Reed or Smallbone could do the job too. We certainly need more protector for the back three - they're getting cut open by through balls all the time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Saint’s biggest problem isn’t defending, it’s the lack of creativity (again). Looks like it’s going to be another boring season.
That's bizarre. We were very creative in the first half.

V disjointed second half due to our second string being on and all of the subs. Boufal has had the ball about twice....due to our midfield being over run. Stand out player... If you can judge anyone at all is Reed. Absolutely everywhere
Armstrong for me. Vestergaard good too.

Second half was awful. Know its only pre-season and different combinations are being tried out but every time I see the 4-2-2-2 it looks like we have neither the personnel or maturity to play it and most teams would find it too easy to walk through the middle of us and exploit a defence which struggles unless it has three at the back in the middle.

Nice to see us win games though.