Pre-Season 2019 Thread

SuperSAINT

It’s doable ! Get Windscribe free vpn , set it to Germany , watch you tube fc koln channel et voila !!

Thanks for the VPn tip, much better than Hola.

Good feed, and good yo see some of the fringe players like Boufal and Cedric having good games.

I think Cedric should be good cover at both full back spots while Ramsey and Voikins develop.

A pretty meh performance but we took our chances and the subs looked bright.

Part of me would like to see Romeu come into CM for the opener; JWP pushed to right AM and Adams played centrally. Think it would make us harder to beat away from home.

Adams the most impressive today, I think. Valery looked good too.

I'd agree with that. Nobody had a bad game although Ings still looks off the pace. It was an enjoyable watch and a complete contrast to last year's final friendly which was an accurate gauge of how we performed under Hughes..

Impressed with Adams, strong, direct, nice touch. Valery was good and so was Boufal.

Not impressed with Ings. Horrible penalty, made some bad decisions and passes. He'll be injured soon enough so we can start with Adams in the middle, Redmond and Djenepo or Boufal.

Their fans were decent for a friendly. Some of them looked completely wasted.

OK performance against a weak Koln team who will struggle in the Bundesliga - especially in respect to goal scoring.

Best player: Adams - by a mile.

Other performances: Gunn and Valery did well; Bertrand was ok; Hojbjerg mixed; Ward- Prowse & Redmond both had what I would call subdued performances; central defence was poor at times with some kamikaze defending - we were lucky that their strikers could not hit a barn door with a banjo!!

Finally...

Ings was great at times and not so good at others while none of the substitutes showed anything much (though Yoshida did ok). Djneppo is clearly very raw and needs time to develop. He was a bit like a headless chicken to be honest!!

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Much better pre season than last years shambles.

Thought we started OK today but playing with just two midfielders will catch us out in the Prem.

Always good to beat German opposition but to put things in context FC Koln were in the second tier of German football last year (came up as champions) and they are a week or so behind in their preparation.

Adams and Boufal looked good

Well done to the FC Koln fans who made a lot of noise and with a good repertoire of songs including 'When the Saints' and 'Loch Loman' in German and 'You only sing when you're winning' in English!!

Just back from the game. Bednarek looked solid, as did Valery (who offered more than Cedric), Yoshida should start ahead of Stephens, reads the game better. Adams adds a real dimension to our attack. We need, need, need a CDM who can control the pace of the midfield. New signing looked a little underwhelming but only played 10 mins so probably unfair to comment.

Another pen - looked a tad soft as Hoj was never getting to the ball but sandwiched by two of their defenders.

Horrible pen by Ings - trying to be too cute with the panenka.

Being able to get to the ball or not is irrelevant to if it is a penalty. The ball could be 50 yards away and a foul occur in the penatly area and it is still a penalty

If RH wasn't there, who was 'managing' the team ?

No one at the ground, none of the coaches even bothered to stand in the technical area.

Ralph was sending instructions from hospital. First lot of subs at 60 mins were obviously pre planned as everyone knew who was going off without any sort of instructions from the bench.

No one at the ground, none of the coaches even bothered to stand in the technical area.

Ralph was sending instructions from hospital. First lot of subs at 60 mins were obviously pre planned as everyone knew who was going off without any sort of instructions from the bench.

Not true! Valery started to come off (presumably for Cedric), but then re-assumed his position. The initial, mass, substitutions were a bit of a shambles.

Being able to get to the ball or not is irrelevant to if it is a penalty. The ball could be 50 yards away and a foul occur in the penatly area and it is still a penalty

I know - the point is that the contact was fairly light and pretty much shoulder to shoulder.

Just back from the game. Bednarek looked solid, as did Valery (who offered more than Cedric), Yoshida should start ahead of Stephens, reads the game better. Adams adds a real dimension to our attack. We need, need, need a CDM who can control the pace of the midfield. New signing looked a little underwhelming but only played 10 mins so probably unfair to comment.

Apparently Tottenham are trying to offload Wanyama, CHSDAJFU?

Impressed with Adams, strong, direct, nice touch. Valery was good and so was Boufal.

Not impressed with Ings. Horrible penalty, made some bad decisions and passes. He'll be injured soon enough so we can start with Adams in the middle, Redmond and Djenepo or Boufal.

Their fans were decent for a friendly. Some of them looked completely wasted.

Lol love the part where you know it and we all know it Ings ill be injured soon enough..........and we spent £20 million on that.....wow. Why cant penalties be an easy way to score ...put your foot through the ball bang back of the net .Np fannying around trying to be a smart ares and beat the goallie with a tap in just get it done. Was Boufal ok ?

Lol love the part where you know it and we all know it Ings ill be injured soon enough..........and we spent £20 million on that.....

When you look at last years transfers you can’t but wonder how Reed was given so much cash to squander, without anyone questioning him.

Gunn, good buy.

Vestergaard, ok defender but nothing special.

Armstrong, small risk for 7 million, but did we really need him?

Elyounoussie and Carrillo, less said the better.

We seem unable to hold onto the ball and string more than three passes together, the one time we did today we scored. Possession stats will be interesting.

Bearing in mind there are only 7 days to go a lot of our players looked knackered after 30min which has to be a worry. The lads that came on at 60min were generally better than the starters they replaced. Valery looked really good today and Bednarek did well. Can't agree with some that Adams had a good game as far as I could see he didn't win many balls in dangerous areas.

I liked the attitude of returning players Cedric & Boufal who gave it there all without a hint of sulkiness or lack of commitment. I guess it is the Ralph effect of believing in these players.

I know - the point is that the contact was fairly light and pretty much shoulder to shoulder.

I thought that at the time, and he flopped rather dramatically but having just watched the replay there actually is far more contact than I thought, and less shoulder, more like a sandwich.

We seem unable to hold onto the ball and string more than three passes together, the one time we did today we scored. Possession stats will be interesting.

Bearing in mind there are only 7 days to go a lot of our players looked knackered after 30min which has to be a worry. The lads that came on at 60min were generally better than the starters they replaced. Valery looked really good today and Bednarek did well. Can't agree with some that Adams had a good game as far as I could see he didn't win many balls in dangerous areas.

I liked the attitude of returning players Cedric & Boufal who gave it there all without a hint of sulkiness or lack of commitment. I guess it is the Ralph effect of believing in these players.

Adams made literally both goals, disagree about not being good.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk