Leicester vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Probably best 1st half for Saints this season. Absolutely superb all over the pitch and running rings around Leicester. 4-1 up would not be unfair - Ings desperately unlucky twice in 60 seconds.

Stephens is currently playing like VVD in his pomp for us. Cool, calm, collected and excellent on the ball (that will put the jinx on him for sure!).

Keep it up Saints - where was this team for much of the first half of the season? Totally transformed.

Sensational half by Saints. By far the hungrier, sharper team. Could easily be 1-4. So damn exciting to see them come back to playing with true confidence and authority. Hoj, Armstrong, JWP, Redmond are gobbling up possession... and then moving it at thrilling pace. Ings so unlucky. That last shot off the bar was moving at 80mph. Incredible strike. We deserve to win this.

Based on weeks since 0-9 we've performed as top 4 team. And we're showing it again today.

Mason is a ****, can’t hide his glee while helping Leicester. We’re not getting a sniff today from him.

Leicester goal looked like the ball was moving when they took the free kick leading to their goal. Did VAR even look at that?

I actually think Mason has improved from being dreadful to being ok. Didn’t think he was bad that half either.

Us playing on wth one of their players pretending to be hurt, who got up when he realised the play was not being stopped

Surprised they still complain about that.

Remember that time Arsenal had a man down with a head injury in our box right in front of Forster (?) and the ref played on until Arsenal eventually got a penalty. Now, that was worth moaning about!

Looking good. Pirez and others in the home side completely flake over - if our players breath on them they just collapse and the ref isn’t seeing it. Ings soooo unlucky...the second strike to hit the bar was beautifully hit. Would like to see a little more battling from Long and Redmond...compared to Armstrong and JWP they’re not fighting for every ball. Can see them nicking a lucky win at the end as we tire. At 1-1 the next goal will be telling.

How are we not winning this?

FA regulations state that the width or diameter of the goal posts and crossbar shall not be less than 4 inches (10.16 cm) nor more than 5 inches (12.7 cm).

"a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer."

One other thing worth emphasizing. The response to their goal was incredibly impressive. So many reasons why the team would have lost confidence from that and started to tremble about more goals. Instead they surged back even more dominant than before. That was remarkable to see. An extraordinary turn round from a couple months ago. I would love to know what are the real causes of that shift in psychology. In addition to Ralph some players must have show real leadership. And other behind scenes moves? I mean the shift since 0-9 beggars belief.

A great first half from us and should have been ahead on the balance of play and the chances we have had. We seem to have hit a winning formula against even the very best teams; play a settled team which will play their hearts out and stop our opponents from playing by closing them down high up the pitch, tackling hard and breaking quickly. Ings is on fire, having had two clear chances one on one with Schmeichel, who produced two superb saves, and then Ings hit the woodwork twice. That prat Mason disallowed a corner which should have been ours. The Leicester goal scored when we had let our concentration slip and Vardy is too quick to allow an opportunity to break with his pace.

Great half by Saints. Chased everything, battled for everything, won everything. Every second ball was ours. Disappointed to only be level. Will be hard to replicate that again in the second. Hope we can?
We deserve a point from this at least would be a sickener to leave with nothing

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Something really rubs me the wrong way about this Leicester team.

Not sure if it is the 0-9 and how they kept going full out against us when we were clearly shellshocked in that game. When Saints beat Sunderland 8-0 many of the goals were scored almost apologetically as if we got 4-O up and went into training match mode. Leicester went at it hammer and tong on us all game long.

Not sure if it is the 0-9 and how they kept going full out against us when we were clearly shellshocked in that game. When Saints beat Sunderland 8-0 many of the goals were scored almost apologetically as if we got 4-O up and went into training match mode. Leicester went at it hammer and tong on us all game long.

Good. I'd want us to do the same if the roles were reversed. The thing I don't like about them is Vardy and their whole teams repetitive diving every time the wind blows. they are a joke.

Much though I hated them doing it against us, I admired their professional approach by not letting up. I'd love it if Saints could do the same against other teams, given the opportunity (eg. BHA).

What a load of b0llocks. Koeman was urging the team to get forward and score more even when it was 6-0.

If you don’t want to get humiliated then stop them scoring.