Pundits - who are the worst?

whelk

Gifted is more about ability, generally innate and at an exceptional level whereas talent is more about aptitude applied to a skill. 

so being gifted has more potential to reach higher levels than being talented and doesn’t need to be ‘learned’ but supported.

Caught Dennis Wise being interviewed the other evening on Solent. 
Christ. Not only has he got a degree in state the fuckin obvious but appeared to be suffering from dementia or something. It was painful. 

59 minutes ago, Matty's Caddy said:

Caught Dennis Wise being interviewed the other evening on Solent. 
Christ. Not only has he got a degree in state the fuckin obvious but appeared to be suffering from dementia or something. It was painful. 

Wise by name but not by nature.

3 hours ago, Doctoroncall said:

Gifted is more about ability, generally innate and at an exceptional level whereas talent is more about aptitude applied to a skill. 

so being gifted has more potential to reach higher levels than being talented and doesn’t need to be ‘learned’ but supported.

But how is any of Cole Palmer's ability innate? did he come out of the womb with the ability to beat players?

I've noticed Sky have been trotting out Troy Deeney more and more in a punditry role, he's awful. 

Made the stupid prediction for the final championship games that he fancied Hull to sneak into the playoffs, at the expense of Norwich, totally forgetting the required 18 goal swing for that to happen. The presenter pointed it out and he still stood firm on his view that it was 'possible'.

They were also comparing our achievement in 2012 (back to back promotions) with Ipswich, and according to Deeney we had Chamberlain and Wanyama in the side - so it was easier for us.

Just let these guys sink into the background please, they have nothing to offer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I've noticed Sky have been trotting out Troy Deeney more and more in a punditry role, he's awful. 

Made the stupid prediction for the final championship games that he fancied Hull to sneak into the playoffs, at the expense of Norwich, totally forgetting the required 18 goal swing for that to happen. The presenter pointed it out and he still stood firm on his view that it was 'possible'.

They were also comparing our achievement in 2012 (back to back promotions) with Ipswich, and according to Deeney we had Chamberlain and Wanyama in the side - so it was easier for us.

Just let these guys sink into the background please, they have nothing to offer.

they do 

Workplace Wellness - box ticking exercise?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Garth Crooks, Jamie Carragher and Jermaine Jenas.

In that order.

Yep but I need to add Alex f’kin Scott to that. She literally talks in cliches when she does pundit work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

But how is any of Cole Palmer's ability innate? did he come out of the womb with the ability to beat players?

Hence why you don’t need to take any notice of Crooks’ musings. 

6 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

"Top Bins!" shouted the successful sperm, already sure of the life waiting ahead.

• Like 1

Carragher (I can't understand a word he says......but I'm guessing it bollocks). Should have been sacked anyway.

Hinchcliffe co-commentating (I wish I couldn't understand a word he says.....for an ex-player who was as I recall, an average premiership player at best, he comes across so up his own backside with his "I told you so" know it all attitude, anyone would think he was the love child of Messi and Ronaldo in his day). Every time someone scores, it's always someone fault. Seldom is it just a great goal.

Roy Keane - mad as a bucket, but I love watching/listening to him. Anyone who can grow a full beard in about 20 minutes gets my vote!

Ally McCoist - very good co-commentator. Right amount of enthusiasm and sensible comment - even if he follows every sentence with "it really was". ie "That was a great pass, it really was". "That was a great save, it really was". Anyway, I like him....."I really do". I notice others have started copying him and doing this as well.

Lineker is more a presenter that a pundit, but all I can think of to say is,,,,,Arrrrgggghhhh Nooooooo!!!! I can't watch MOTD anymore because of him. Way too Smarmy for my liking.

I was never a fan of Gary Neville as a player, but I actually think he's one of the better co-commentators/pundits.

Redknapp Junior. Not for me thank you. Maybe it's that obvious family connection.

Micah Richards - I wonder if he'd be where he is if City weren't so dominant. He is extremely biased towards them.

Shearer - Generally get a level-headed view from him and is critical of The Toon when it is deserved.

Jenas........Why?

Lee Dixon - Seems about as interesting as a multi-story car park.

Alan Smith - actually I find him ok. Never over the top but quite listenable.

I didn't see Deeney's finest hour so can't comment. Sounds like it wasn't great.

There you go chaps, that's my summary....."it really is".

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Carragher (I can't understand a word he says......but I'm guessing it bollocks). Should have been sacked anyway.

Hinchcliffe co-commentating (I wish I couldn't understand a word he says.....for an ex-player who was as I recall, an average premiership player at best, he comes across so up his own backside with his "I told you so" know it all attitude, anyone would think he was the love child of Messi and Ronaldo in his day). Every time someone scores, it's always someone fault. Seldom is it just a great goal.

Roy Keane - mad as a bucket, but I love watching/listening to him. Anyone who can grow a full beard in about 20 minutes gets my vote!

Ally McCoist - very good co-commentator. Right amount of enthusiasm and sensible comment - even if he follows every sentence with "it really was". ie "That was a great pass, it really was". "That was a great save, it really was". Anyway, I like him....."I really do". I notice others have started copying him and doing this as well.

Lineker is more a presenter that a pundit, but all I can think of to say is,,,,,Arrrrgggghhhh Nooooooo!!!! I can't watch MOTD anymore because of him. Way too Smarmy for my liking.

I was never a fan of Gary Neville as a player, but I actually think he's one of the better co-commentators/pundits.

Redknapp Junior. Not for me thank you. Maybe it's that obvious family connection.

Micah Richards - I wonder if he'd be where he is if City weren't so dominant. He is extremely biased towards them.

Shearer - Generally get a level-headed view from him and is critical of The Toon when it is deserved.

Jenas........Why?

I didn't see Deeney's finest hour so can't comment. Sounds like it wasn't great.

I agree with much of that.

To add, Rio Ferdinand offers opinion as if he is still 23 years old.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Jenas........Why?

They're no Pat Nevin, are they?

7 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

He’s now fucking up Simon Jordan’s “upfront” podcast. Was a decent listen, but now  it’s “3 up front”, with Jordon, Souness (who is great on it) & Deeney (who is a fucking plank). It’s quite a good concept, Jordan an ex owner, Souness an ex player and manager, and a younger recently retired player. The problem is  the recently retired player is a moron 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He’s now fucking up Simon Jordan’s “upfront” podcast. Was a decent listen, but now  it’s “3 up front”, with Jordon, Souness (who is great on it) & Deeney (who is a fucking plank). It’s quite a good concept, Jordan an ex owner, Souness an ex player and manager, and a younger recently retired player. The problem is  the recently retired player is a moron 

Yep, noticed the same - I liked that podcast too, but I don't like it with Deeney involved. That's what I meant how he's being trotted out more and more.

He was an enormous fail as a manager, so he's going all in on his punditry now. Too many of these former players being made pundits when they have zero to add.

4 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Yep, noticed the same - I liked that podcast too, but I don't like it with Deeney involved. That's what I meant how he's being trotted out more and more.

He was an enormous fail as a manager, so he's going all in on his punditry now. Too many of these former players being made pundits when they have zero to add.

Fisrt Deeney, now Ashley Young has started his move into punditry

On 08/05/2024 at 19:55, Saint Keef said:

Jenas........Why?

Agree with that, other than Alan Smith who irrationally irritates me.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but there is not one female pundit that is any good.  Not fucking one.

Merson is a fucking moron, Carragher is garbage.  I’ve just turned Sky Soccer Saturday off, how shit is that now compared to the old days.  Unwatchable.

On 08/05/2024 at 19:55, Convict Colony said:

Garth Crooks must be only retaining his job cos he fills a quota for the BBC cos his football knowledge is atrocious.

Think it’s probably the opposite and he’s part of the old boys club. Plenty of younger, more fashionable and even female former black players they could replace him with for the ‘quota’.

Merson ..always slags us off cos of the obvious & gets away with comments about players & teams that other pundits wouldn’t ! Was kept on by sky wen they  went on the box ticking regime sacking the old soccer Saturday lads .. 

his alcohol & gambling addiction stories are a load a bollox .. he’s told one story on soccer sat one week about him and Tony Adams on the lash .. 3 months later was telling the exact same story to the letter for it to have a totally different ending ! Blokes full of shit !

• Haha 1