Welcome Back!

stevegrant

22 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Very slow and sometimes doesn’t load at all, “too many connections”.

Working on that - really odd as the setup is basically identical to another forum I help manage using the same software, and that's usually got 1000 users online simultaneously and that one holds up fine. We've got relatively little traffic at the moment, so not quite sure why it's struggling a bit.

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Having this one and 365 on the same get up is quite useful for a Luddite like me.

It should be perfect for me, especially as that one has loads of users pretty much 24/7. Bit annoyed it's not running smoothly immediately, tbh

56 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Very slow and sometimes doesn’t load at all, “too many connections”.

Yep I was getting this earlier (after my post saying it was fine for me), but now it seems to be OK. 👍

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Also is there any way to turn on notifications in chrome? I no longer get push notifications to my phone if someone replies to me or if I have a PM unless I actually visit the site. 

If you go to your notification settings, there should be an option to enable browser notifications

52 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Seriously though. When I go to load my activity streams on my phone it takes an age to load for some reason. 

Not 100% sure but I would imagine the first page load of these areas prompts the site to build your activity stream and then store it in the cache. Once that's done, I think it should be quicker on each subsequent load.

6 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Is the ability to jump to the first unread reply in a thread instead of having to scroll down , not a big thing but found it useful in the previous incarnation?

On the list page, to the left of the post title is either a circle or star (it's a circle unless you've posted in the thread, in which case it'll be a star) - clicking that will take you straight to the first unread post.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Manuel said:

I was hoping posts might have "like" buttons or thumbs up/down so I can know when I'm talking b*llocks without people specifically having to tell me.  

That feature is available, I wanted to get everything running smoothly before turning that on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's There said:

Quick question- is there a button to select to go to the next unread post in the topic- eg Norwich v Saints? Thx

Yep, on the post list page, next to the post title is a dark circle or star depending on whether you've posted in the topic or not - clicking that, rather than the title, will take you to the first unread post.

• Like 1

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

@stevegrant

1) Why have registered users returned to only having 3 posts per day? It was unlimited before the change this week!

2) Why is Saints Web pretty much the only Premier League fan forum that requires payment to post more than 3 post per day?

1. It wasn't intended to be unlimited. Just because you took advantage of a bug after a software update, doesn't mean it won't stay.

2. I don't care about other websites. This site costs money to run. If you don't like it, as ever, feel free to go elsewhere.