• Hat trick
    • Injured in the warm up
    • Subbed off after 20 minutes, Dia style
    • Sent off
    • Another own goal
    • False teeth fall out screaming for a handball against Patricio
    • Meteorite hits Shropshire. Match abandoned

5 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

Very curious to see if he'll play in next week's U23 game. Surely he should be getting those sort of games under his belt.

Not the worst shout considering they are supposed to mirror our tactics etc.

Will surely need to play minutes.  

(Valery / Vokins / Smallbone should play to get some minutes tomorrow) 

I remember seeing something that Ralph asked about Walcott before giving his approval to his coming, and it was is he intelligent enough to adapt to a new system. Perhaps that question was prompted by Salisu having difficulties adapting to Ralph’s instructions...

Just now, SW5 SAINT said:

I remember seeing something that Ralph asked about Walcott before giving his approval to his coming, and it was is he intelligent enough to adapt to a new system. Perhaps that question was prompted by Salisu having difficulties adapting to Ralph’s instructions...

Ralph was bigging up Salisu as recently as Thursday saying we will see him soon.

He has been in the training pics for a good while now.

When we signed him he had missed the last few games of Valladolid's season with injury.

I imagine that as he is a young player, with limited experience, and adapting to a new culture and style of football - they are being careful to introduce him at the right time.

Would think our exit in the League Cup hasnt helped him.

10 hours ago, SW5 SAINT said:

I don't think our system is too complicated/different for the centre backs compared to the pressing game the front players have to do as a unit. 

• Like 1

I don't think there is anything to worry about. 

He'll be in the squad when he's ready, whether it's personal matter or an injury.  Appreciate it's a bit odd that there wasn't much marketing material when he signed though.

Sure if we were still in the league cup he would have played by now.

Maybe he'll get a game on Sunday replacing Bednarek who was shocking on Saturday.

Just now, the saint in winchester said:

Now being reported that he is available for this weekend and will be in the squad. However, until I see his name in the team or bench line up, I still see it as "being reported."

Saints are interviewing our summer recruits for the programme this weekend.

Theo and Diallo. Not Salisu.

You can't even throw the 'he doesn't speak English' at Salisu, as he speaks better English than most of the squad. Something doesn't feel right, it's all very cloak and dagger.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

You can't even throw the 'he doesn't speak English' at Salisu, as he speaks better English than most of the squad. Something doesn't feel right, it's all very cloak and dagger.

Indeed. Why on Earth would you have a 'new signings' feature in your match day magazine that doesn't include one of the new signings? Whatever the actual situation, the way this signing has played out is bizarre.

Edited by trousers

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Indeed. Why on Earth would you have a 'new signings' feature in your match day magazine that doesn't include one of the new signings? Whatever the actual situation, the way this signing has played out is bizarre.

Probably find out he has a weird anti-media clause in the contract. Doesn't want to do interviews or photo shoots etc 😄🤭

Weirdly it's not like we've needed Salisu or Diallo to step in straight away, unlike Walker-Peters and Walcott, both whom we needed to play straight away following their signings. Vestergaard has done OK this season since Stephens was dropped alongside Bednarek (who had a pretty rare poor game last weekend) and Romeu has stepped up and formed a decent partnership with JWP in midfield. As long as the CBs and the DMs play OK, we've been lucky not to have to force and unfit/unready Salisu into the side before he's ready.

It would be nice to see Salisu on the bench though, at least then we know he's getting close.

51 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Probably find out he has a weird anti-media clause in the contract. Doesn't want to do interviews or photo shoots etc 😄🤭

I've heard he's a lifelong Skate and has tattoos of all their club legends: Vince Hillaire, Whittingham, Awford and a whole back piece of Linvoy Primus. Understandably the club are trying to keep this under wraps until he's a star performer... 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I don’t know what the reason could even be?!

3 hours ago, the saint in winchester said:

Now being reported that he is available for this weekend and will be in the squad. However, until I see his name in the team or bench line up, I still see it as "being reported."

As of Oct 02, RH: "He's more and more part of our first-team training, but it takes time. He is coming back, but we'll give him all the time he needs."  Haven't heard anything else since.

14 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

As of Oct 02, RH: "He's more and more part of our first-team training, but it takes time. He is coming back, but we'll give him all the time he needs."  Haven't heard anything else since.

This update was on 15th October

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18798426.hasenhuttl-says-salisu-progressing-better-better/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Theo and Diallo signed right at the end of the window, as in, very recently and have both therefore done recent interviews where this content will be taken from. If you watched Diallo's YT interview it covers the topics stated as being in this prog feature like influences as a player - so its not an additional interview but a transcript of his signing one, which is a big difference given how store you have placed on this!

KWP is also a summer recruit and isnt being featured.

The Salisu situation was definitely odd to start with, probably due to Covid quarentine etc (club media probably weren't camped out in his hotel room), but it appears to me to be clear given Hasenhuttl's recent comments: he is training, he is close to being an option and RH is pleased with what he has seen.

He was obviously injured when he joined, hence not training with the squad. He is now training with the squad and has been in every gallery for about the last month.

He is a young player, with little pro experience, who joined injured and is adjusting to a new style of football and life culture. I'm sure Ralph will throw him in soon, but after the clean sheets vs Burnley and WBA did anyone really expect that to be away vs Chelsea? He has been spoken about as a long term option so there is no need to throw him in before he is ready, and I will trust RH on when that is.

Besides, we don't need 2 x CBs on the bench just to make people on SWF feel better.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 5

Maybe it isn't an injury and he has an underlying illness and is under treatment, but he wants the matter kept private. We're then introducing him in slowly whilst he has said treatment and respecting his wishes by keeping it quiet.

I remember LeG saying something like ' there's a reason we were able to sign him' (I'm paraphrasing). Maybe other clubs didn't want to take the risk, but we thought it worthwhile.

13 hours ago, Dusic said:

Theo and Diallo signed right at the end of the window, as in, very recently and have both therefore done recent interviews where this content will be taken from. If you watched Diallo's YT interview it covers the topics stated as being in this prog feature like influences as a player - so its not an additional interview but a transcript of his signing one, which is a big difference given how store you have placed on this!

KWP is also a summer recruit and isnt being featured.

The Salisu situation was definitely odd to start with, probably due to Covid quarentine etc (club media probably weren't camped out in his hotel room), but it appears to me to be clear given Hasenhuttl's recent comments: he is training, he is close to being an option and RH is pleased with what he has seen.

He was obviously injured when he joined, hence not training with the squad. He is now training with the squad and has been in every gallery for about the last month.

He is a young player, with little pro experience, who joined injured and is adjusting to a new style of football and life culture. I'm sure Ralph will throw him in soon, but after the clean sheets vs Burnley and WBA did anyone really expect that to be away vs Chelsea? He has been spoken about as a long term option so there is no need to throw him in before he is ready, and I will trust RH on when that is.

Besides, we don't need 2 x CBs on the bench just to make people on SWF feel better.

Have you watched our defense this season 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Have you watched our defense this season 🤣🤣🤣

Our defence has been ok, we have conceded 9 goals which is 11th best in the league and have 3rd most clean sheets in the league (Us and West ham on 2, Villa and Wolves on 3). We had a catastrophic game against spurs defensively and conceded 3 to a very good Chelsea side but aside from those we have conceded one goal in three games. 

38 minutes ago, TWar said:

Our defence has been ok, we have conceded 9 goals which is 11th best in the league and have 3rd most clean sheets in the league (Us and West ham on 2, Villa and Wolves on 3). We had a catastrophic game against spurs defensively and conceded 3 to a very good Chelsea side but aside from those we have conceded one goal in three games. 

Yeah but if you take out the games the 6 Man United conceded against the same Spurs side, the 7 Liverpool conceded against a Villa side who have won every game, the 6 Fulham have conceded also against Villa and an in form Arsenal, The 3 Brighton also conceded against the same chelsea team, the 3 WBA also conceded against Chelsea and the 5 they conceded against top the table Everton, suddenly our defensive record is one of the worst.  Anyone can play the what if game.

• Like 1

On 21/10/2020 at 13:23, the saint in winchester said:

He's untested at this level so certainly will not start but may get on for last few minutes if we are still in the game and comfortable but will be risky if we're behind.

38 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

He's untested at this level so certainly will not start but may get on for last few minutes if we are still in the game and comfortable but will be risky if we're behind.

"This level"?!

Last season he was a regular starter for the 7th best defence in a league rated higher than the Premier League by UEFA.

Barcelona boss Valverde 'out of words' on Messi after win over Real  Valladolid | Isle of Wight County Press

Edited by Matthew Le God

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

"This level"?!

Last season he was a regular starter for the 7th best defence in a league rated higher than the Premier League by UEFA.

Barcelona boss Valverde 'out of words' on Messi after win over Real  Valladolid | Isle of Wight County Press

Why have you posted an image of his fouling Messi? Even Jack Stephens could do that.

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

You have the video of exactly that tackle? Are you sure?

Impossible to tell if it's the same tackle from that angle if it's the same tackle or not

No it isn't. His legs and arm on shoulder are in exactly the same position as the photo. To be doing the exact same unusual tackle vs the same opponent twice in the same match is very unlikely isn't it?

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

No it isn't. His legs and arm on shoulder are in exactly the same position as the photo. To be doing the exact same unusual tackle vs the same opponent twice in the same match is very unlikely isn't it?

It's unlikely but not impossible. It's also not an unusual tackle. Given that his team would likely have spent much of the time defending the likelihood of him tackling Messi twice in a game is high. Anyway as you're yet again using inaccurate data or media to try to prove a point and i dont want to have my bottie smacked by Lighthouse again ill let you carry on pretending it wasn't a foul and was the exact same tackle.

Edited by Turkish

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

How have you determined that from that photo? 🙄

Because the picture you posted shows the ball several inches away with no contact on it whilst it appears he is making contact with Messi. The video evidence your friend trousers provided is inconclusive as to if we can confirm it's the same tackle or not. All in all another fail day on the forums for MLG. 

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Because the picture you posted shows the ball several inches away with no contact on it whilst it appears he is making contact with Messi. The video evidence your friend trousers provided is inconclusive as to if we can confirm it's the same tackle or not. All in all another fail day on the forums for MLG. 

🙄

1) You cannot tell from the photo if Salisu has touched the ball already or not

2) You cannot tell if there is contact with Messi at the time of the photo

3) Contact with Messi doesn't automatically equal a foul

4) The video shows identical body positions and no foul occurring

Look closer to home for fail days! Bored of you now, you are either a wind up merchant, moron or both!

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

🙄

1) You cannot tell from the photo if Salisu has touched the ball already or not

2) You cannot tell if there is contact with Messi at the time of the photo

3) Contact with Messi doesn't automatically equal a foul

4) The video show identical body positions and no foul occurring

Look closer to home for fail days! 

You pair of saps!

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mohammed Salisu - Official: Signs for Monaco