• Hat trick
    • Injured in the warm up
    • Subbed off after 20 minutes, Dia style
    • Sent off
    • Another own goal
    • False teeth fall out screaming for a handball against Patricio
    • Meteorite hits Shropshire. Match abandoned

1 hour ago, trousers said:

So, what are the odds on Salisu coming on tonight, having a mare and being written off by the Saintsweb intelligentsia after one appearance...? Evens?

I'd say Stephens is probably ahead of him. Chances of him getting on are slim to none. he's just making up the numbers tonight.

I haven't followed all the ins and outs of this tread, but there are so many possibilities for why it has teken so long to get him ready to play. I'm just pleased he was finally on the bench tonight. However, both Bednarek and Vestergaard are playing well at present so he has got fair competition to face before he gets selected as first choice.

I would suggest any of the following (and probably a combination of more than one) have been contributory to why it has taken him so long to get to this point:

• Injury
  • Coronavirus - a bad bout with noticeable symptoms and a subsequent long recovery to re-establish breathing, etc.
  • Health/Dietary issues resulting from a condition, e.g. allergies to dairy, gluten, etc. or crohn's disease, diabetes, thyroid problems, ME, IBS, etc.
  • Cultural adjustment to British diet
  • Cultural adjustment to British standards of expression - e.g. maybe he had another issue (e..g. Health/dietary) but felt it would be impolite to volunteer this information, etc.
  • Social adjustment and settling-in
  • Mental health issues

5 hours ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

I haven't followed all the ins and outs of this tread, but there are so many possibilities for why it has teken so long to get him ready to play. I'm just pleased he was finally on the bench tonight. However, both Bednarek and Vestergaard are playing well at present so he has got fair competition to face before he gets selected as first choice.

I would suggest any of the following (and probably a combination of more than one) have been contributory to why it has taken him so long to get to this point:

• Injury
  • Coronavirus - a bad bout with noticeable symptoms and a subsequent long recovery to re-establish breathing, etc.
  • Health/Dietary issues resulting from a condition, e.g. allergies to dairy, gluten, etc. or crohn's disease, diabetes, thyroid problems, ME, IBS, etc.
  • Cultural adjustment to British diet
  • Cultural adjustment to British standards of expression - e.g. maybe he had another issue (e..g. Health/dietary) but felt it would be impolite to volunteer this information, etc.
  • Social adjustment and settling-in
  • Mental health issues

A curious case of the "Nathaniel Clynes"? Might explain why he hasn't even turned out for the B team in all this time - maybe he wasn't allowed to...

In any case, it seems like the mystery has reached its end and we can look forward to seeing what the boy brings to the team on the field. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Exactly this. It’s literally the whole point of the B team, right?

To be fair they have only had a couple of games since Salisu was considered fit enough for match action and they haven't got another game scheduled until 17th January. What if he had got injured in the B team game against Leicester when Ralph clearly knew that Jannik was already nursing an injury. Can see your point but I can see it from the other point of view as well.

1 hour ago, VectisSaint said:

To be fair they have only had a couple of games since Salisu was considered fit enough for match action and they haven't got another game scheduled until 17th January. What if he had got injured in the B team game against Leicester when Ralph clearly knew that Jannik was already nursing an injury. Can see your point but I can see it from the other point of view as well.

Also the standard of the B team is awful - he probably gets more of a workout training and building a rapport with the actual players he will be playing with, rather than the future stars of Woking and Eastbourne Borough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

It feels like Forren all over again. Didn't he turn back up at Molde for like £1m?

Same price we paid for him I believe.

Would be very very strange if he disappeared without playing. I'm expecting him to play, and be first choice for us at some point, but the longer this goes on the more worrying it is.

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It feels like Forren all over again. Didn't he turn back up at Molde for like £1m?

3 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Same price we paid for him I believe.

Would be very very strange if he disappeared without playing. I'm expecting him to play, and be first choice for us at some point, but the longer this goes on the more worrying it is.

I absolutely want him to be a success...but it has been weird so far.

8 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

what an absolute piece of garbage that report is, no substance at all. Really lazy journalism.

Salisu is being very slowly integrated with the squad and had he not picked up an injury i am sure he would have featured in the Cup. 

This, it does seem very speculative. Such a shame he has picked up an injury now. Sure Ralph will be asked about it pre-Shrewsbury.

Salisu has also been the victim of Vestergaard's transformation and latterly Stephens taking his chance.

Seems more Darren Powell than Vegard Forren (Remember when he signed for Brighton and then went back to Molde for a third spell after making 0 appearances at Brighton as well, weird). Would need a better source than Sport Witness and "Ghana Soccer Net."

2 minutes ago, DT said:

What is the injury, then?

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18988334.mohammed-salisu-suffers-another-injury-setback-saints/

Asked why both Salisu and striker Michael Obafemi were not among the options from the bench against the Reds, boss Ralph Hasenhuttl told the Daily Echo: "Again, muscle injuries, both."

Edited by trousers

On 05/01/2021 at 17:19, the saint in winchester said:

According to that report, he has "excelled so far" at Saints, but hasn't been given the chances to play, so Vellaloid (sp) are prepared to make us an offer.

I hope this is indeed garbage. We haven't set eyes on him yet.

Where does it say he excelled at Saints? It does include a quote that he excelled at Valladolid, however. Have you mis-read it or is it me?

15 hours ago, Victor said:

Where does it say he excelled at Saints? It does include a quote that he excelled at Valladolid, however. Have you mis-read it or is it me?

No you're right. Article is only talking about him excelling at Valladolid.

I think it is entirely reasonable that we knew he would play little or no part this year, and that what we were buying was potential. We also knew that if we waited until 1 January 2021, there is no way we could have signed him under the new rules.

This seems to be behind a lot of transfers in the last12 months, Saliba, the 16 year old Liverpool have bought etc.

38 minutes ago, Depressed of Shirley said:

I think it is entirely reasonable that we knew he would play little or no part this year, and that what we were buying was potential. We also knew that if we waited until 1 January 2021, there is no way we could have signed him under the new rules.

This seems to be behind a lot of transfers in the last12 months, Saliba, the 16 year old Liverpool have bought etc.

This would be the rules announced on 1 December, which were presented to the Government by the governing bodies in November. 

3 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Apart from the ERG mad Brexiters , chickens are now coming home to roost , even fishermen and farmers now realise what a major disadvantage NOT being in the EU Is .

Net result a few people will richer 90 % will be poorer.

What does any of it have to do with not being in the EU?

19 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Apart from the ERG mad Brexiters , chickens are now coming home to roost , even fishermen and farmers now realise what a major disadvantage NOT being in the EU Is .

Net result a few people will richer 90 % will be poorer.

Wrong platform for this rant mate.

On 08/12/2020 at 18:11, qwertyell said:

A curious case of the "Nathaniel Clynes"? Might explain why he hasn't even turned out for the B team in all this time - maybe he wasn't allowed to...

In any case, it seems like the mystery has reached its end and we can look forward to seeing what the boy brings to the team on the field. 

This was my feeling too, but I don't think we'd be allowed to name him on the bench or even have him training with the squad during the 6 months. So probably not this.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mohammed Salisu - Official: Signs for Monaco