Sport Republic

Dusic

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Just one question....

If this takeover is expected to be done and dusted before the end of December, does that mean that somewhere there is a group of lawyers, financiers, management teams etc etc all working away furiously in the background in the week between Xmas and New Year where traditionally the output of most workers is the square root of fuck all (those that aren't already on holiday!).

Timeline sounds dubious to me....

I wonder if it's like buying a house when you dont hear anything from them for weeks and when you chase for an update by amazing coincidence the latest updated information had arrived that very morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I see the guy who posted this is already saying his get out of jail free line 

“ if it doesn’t happen then something must have changed “

I find it strange that dispite this being on various open forums no media have picked up on it .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IFHP said:

I find it strange that dispite this being on various open forums no media have picked up on it .

Didnt the athletic run a piece at the start of the month saying there were two interested parties with a chance we might be sold by the end of they year? 

1 hour ago, Miltonaggro said:

Would imagine Jim Ratcliffe, full of Christmas cheer and new year optimism, is as keen to get this done as Saints fans. He has to make sure that resurgent Ralph has adequate time to spend the £50m January transfer kitty to underpin the Euro place push. 

I know Jim Ratcliffe has a house down here but I thought he was a Man utd fan

Just now, whelk said:

He is but that didn’t stop him wanting to buy Chelsea

Indeed. He also had a look at Newcastle and ruled out a premier league club for the "foreseeable future" as he wanted to build up Nice. I'd hazard a guess that he's taken them as far as he can without chucking daft cash at them to compete with PSG, but where's the global attraction of being France best team? The Prem has more appeal for sure.

He's been trying to get planning on that house for ages and I'm not sure where he's at with that, but he certainly has an affinity with with area and has called his yachts Hampshire 1 and 2. 

Ineos/Ratcliffe would be very good news. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

Indeed. He also had a look at Newcastle and ruled out a premier league club for the "foreseeable future" as he wanted to build up Nice. I'd hazard a guess that he's taken them as far as he can without chucking daft cash at them to compete with PSG, but where's the global attraction of being France best team? The Prem has more appeal for sure.

He's been trying to get planning on that house for ages and I'm not sure where he's at with that, but he certainly has an affinity with with area and has called his yachts Hampshire 1 and 2. 

Ineos/Ratcliffe would be very good news. 

He got planning permission. He has gone from being publicity shy to seemingly be interested in vanity projects. Sitting on those billions at that age why wouldn’t you be?

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

He got planning permission. He has gone from being publicity shy to seemingly be interested in vanity projects. Sitting on those billions at that age why wouldn’t you be?

Well that ties him more to the area, and yes, he's moved out of the shadows for sure. I won't count my chickens, but stranger things than this have happened. 

5 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Cheers, MLG.  I always thought they saw Nice as their “central hub” of clubs.  I guess they could always change though.

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

They are doing pretty well... currently 2nd behind PSG

For me it's whether he sees value /any point in trying to take Nice from 2nd to competing with PSG. It'd cost a fortune and he may see acquiring us as a better use of his cash.

12 hours ago, egg said:

Can't see it. They're a huge brand worldwide already, and I can't see what's in it for them commercially by paying £125m+ to buy us and tens of millions a year to improve us. 

Increase franchise and swap/easily transfer players between clubs it owns? Or is that very illegal?

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Wouldn’t be cheap to get us up the table though.

If course, but if a man likes a challenge and has money to burn...personally, I see more appeal in pushing for top places here than fighting PSG for top dog status in Ligue 1. It'd arguably cost more to do that than fund a top 6 push here. 

8 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Wouldn’t be cheap to get us up the table though.

West Ham are competing for a top 4 place with the big six with a much smaller budget. Sure it is a bit of a leap for us to even get to West Ham levels of wages and transfer fees. But it doesn't need to be Man City or Chelsea levels of spending to get us up the table.

If a new owner made it possible for some clever signings in the £20m to £40m bracket like West Ham, Wolves, Leicester have it would make a huge difference.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

I wouldn’t waste your time 

5 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Every time I see an update to this thread, I think it is 'the one' when I click it to see what has been posted.

FFS

You boys seem to struggle with the concept of a forum. 

2 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Would imagine Jim Ratcliffe, full of Christmas cheer and new year optimism, is as keen to get this done as Saints fans. He has to make sure that resurgent Ralph has adequate time to spend the £50m January transfer kitty to underpin the Euro place push. 

Do you know something more then? 

10 minutes ago, whelk said:

So it's not a house for Ratcliffe to live in but rather for the peasant who looks after his mansion next door so not really relevant to whether he may be about to buy Saints🙂

6 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

So it's not a house for Ratcliffe to live in but rather for the peasant who looks after his mansion next door so not really relevant to whether he may be about to buy Saints🙂

Yeah like a global tycoon only looks at options 10 miles from his home. That was the planning permission to which Egg was referring. 

1 hour ago, IFHP said:

TBF that does happen quite a lot. De grosa or whatever his name is had a period of exclusivity last year and looked set to buy us but then ended up being all talk. Maybe the same will happen here. 

22 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

TBF that does happen quite a lot. De grosa or whatever his name is had a period of exclusivity last year and looked set to buy us but then ended up being all talk. Maybe the same will happen here. 

True, but this later rumour is based on the pretence that the premier league has approved it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, whelk said:

Yeah like a global tycoon only looks at options 10 miles from his home. That was the planning permission to which Egg was referring. 

Read my post again - I didn't say anything about a global tycoon only looking at options 10 miles from his home because obviously, as you infer, that would be ridiculous. I merely made the point that he would not be living in the caretakers house he has planning permission for so it is not relevant. 

38 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Read my post again - I didn't say anything about a global tycoon only looking at options 10 miles from his home because obviously, as you infer, that would be ridiculous. I merely made the point that he would not be living in the caretakers house he has planning permission for so it is not relevant. 

Yeah but imagine living there with no housekeeper. Couldn’t think of anything worse!

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

West Ham are competing for a top 4 place with the big six with a much smaller budget. Sure it is a bit of a leap for us to even get to West Ham levels of wages and transfer fees. But it doesn't need to be Man City or Chelsea levels of spending to get us up the table.

If a new owner made it possible for some clever signings in the £20m to £40m bracket like West Ham, Wolves, Leicester have it would make a huge difference.

Shows what a good manager could do.

40 minutes ago, Roger said:

Seriously Ralph is a good manager. West Ham spent loads more than us over last 7 years.

Too right. 

He's one of the reasons someone might actually invest in saints... 

We seem to improve or at least hold our own every season despite basically every club in the league out(net)spending us. Every season. And that has to be tempting. Especially when you add in talent like Livramento, kwp, JWP, salisu etc. All young or on hold contracts. 

And that's despite inheriting players like hoedt, boufal, carillo, lemina, classie etc 🙄. Not to mention a Premier league level (🤣) defence that featured such talent as vestergard, Stephens, young bednarek, disinterested/fat Bertrand, cedric and a very inexperienced Valery (and hoedt) . Miracle we're still in the league to be blunt. 

I don't know if the fans wanting him out realise how much like a broken record they sound at times. Would love to see what he can do with some actual money. He's made some of the best signings saints have done in years, all whilst operating on a shoestring budget and having to shift some literal shit just to make bargain signings - but the result has been entertaining football and a young squad with resale value! 😅

Without him we'd probably be in championship with spiralling debts, a poor squad, and not many prospects 😢. 🙄🙄🙄

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 12

15 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Too right. 

He's one of the reasons someone might actually invest on saints... 

We seem to improve or at least hold our own every season despite basically every club in the league out(net)spending us. Every season. 

And that's despite inheriting players like hoedt, boufal, carillo, lemina, classie etc 🙄. Not to mention a Premier league level (🤣) defence that featured such talent as vestergard, Stephens, young bednarek, disinterested/fat Bertrand, cedric and a very inexperienced Valery, and ofc honest. Miracle we're still in the league to be blunt. 

I don't know if the fans wanting him out realise how much like a broken record they sound at times. Would love to see what he can do with some actual money. He's made some of the best signings saints have done in years, all whilst operating on a shoestring budget and having to shift some literal shit just to make bargain signings - but the result has been entertaining football and a young squad with resale value! 😅

Oh what a shite manager 🙄🙄🙄

Do you think you are starting to sound like a broken record going on about people wanting the manager to go, particularly whilst on the thread about a potential takeover.

Whilst him being here may help with a takeover, I doubt it will actually sway the deal.

Let it go fella, it isn’t healthy…

14 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Do you think you are starting to sound like a broken record going on about people wanting the manager to go, particularly whilst on the thread about a potential takeover.

Whilst him being here may help with a takeover, I doubt it will actually sway the deal.

Let it go fella, it isn’t healthy…

My post was about his part in running the club sustainably and successfully under tough restrictions, and it's impact on making us attractive for a top flight takeover. These are all good things, it's a real shame you find them to be "unhealthy". 

😅

Edited by Saint86

6 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

My post was about his part in running the club sustainably and successfully under tough restrictions, and it's impact on making us attractive for a top flight takeover. These are all good things, it's a real shame you find them to be "unhealthy". 

😅

It really wasnt, it was moaning about people who have Q’d the way Ralph has performed. You clearly have an issue with it, just dont be surprised when people dont always agree with you.

The only part of your post that was relevant was around Ralph maybe being attractive to possible buyers, the rest was just moaning about stuff that really isn’t relevant in this thread. The fact our deadwood has gone is largely irrelevant, as we still aren’t sold many months after they went.

Now I’m still hoping like you something happens soon, and yes it is helpful the shit has gone.

Not trying top pick a fight with you btw, just Ive noticed you do keep banging that drum, but it is ok for people to think different, it should appear to be so dominating for people 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billy the Kidd said:

It really wasnt, it was moaning about people who have Q’d the way Ralph has performed. You clearly have an issue with it, just dont be surprised when people dont always agree with you.

The only part of your post that was relevant was around Ralph maybe being attractive to possible buyers, the rest was just moaning about stuff that really isn’t relevant in this thread. The fact our deadwood has gone is largely irrelevant, as we still aren’t sold many months after they went.

Now I’m still hoping like you something happens soon, and yes it is helpful the shit has gone.

Not trying top pick a fight with you btw, just Ive noticed you do keep banging that drum, but it is ok for people to think different, it should appear to be so dominating for people 👍

Well thats good, I was worried for a second... Its a forum after all, not a playground fighting ring 😉

I don't have any issue with people disagreeing, would be a pretty dull place if we all agreed with one poster and so no one else bothered to comment 🤔... But fyi it does read like you're happy to attack and police other people's opinions whilst not happy if anyone criticises your own views 😉.

Also, most of my post is about the job Ralph has done in restructing the team (which increases our attractiveness), and which also shows him to be a good manager and part of a good setup at the club (also attractive to invest in). One sentence is in reference to people wanting him sacked 🤷‍♂️

Also, if you're going to police what people post for relevance, there are several better targets in this thread than mine ☹️

Eitherway, I'm sure we can agree to leave it there as it would obviously sidetrack the takeover thread yet further 👍

7 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Well thats good, I was worried for a second... Its a forum after all, not a playground fighting ring 😉

I don't have any issue with people disagreeing, would be a pretty dull place if we all agreed with one poster and so no one else bothered to comment 🤔... But fyi it does read like you're happy to attack and police other people's opinions whilst not happy if anyone criticises your own views 😉.

Also, most of my post is about the job Ralph has done in restructing the team (which increases our attractiveness), and which also shows him to be a good manager and part of a good setup at the club (also attractive to invest in). One sentence is in reference to people wanting him sacked 🤷‍♂️

Also, if you're going to police what people post for relevance, there are several better targets in this thread than mine ☹️

Eitherway, I'm sure we can agree to leave it there as it would obviously sidetrack the takeover thread yet further 👍

Ok, I’m not sure how you picked that up from my post, i mean how have i come across like I’m happy to attack and police people opinions - you didnt criticise my view, i just said you are going on like a broken record, which you caused others of doing for having the opposite view to you!

Im sure there are lots of other people on here who could be a target, but that would suggest I have an agenda, which I dont. I just noticed lately you keep going on about how people dare to Q Ralph, who for a year has had possibly the worst EPL record in history.

You say only one sentance was about the people who dont rate Ralph - yet it was your largest sentence in your post, so clearly a major issue for you.

Anyhow, Im happy to move on, I’m getting bored writing my reply, and I dont think you are really looking at this objectively. Catch up another time…

Edited by Billy the Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2