Sport Republic

Dusic

On 20/12/2021 at 13:40, Lighthouse said:

Some of your posts have been moved to a more appropriate thread.

Lol MLG 🤣 I also can't believe he's tried to argue his spelling was correct...

But on a more serious note, guessing there is no new takeover news 😕

Edited by Saint86
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Pinch of salt and all that (and was posted just after the pubs kicked out) but...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/280254/premier-league-approve-saints-takeover/#8

I know the guy who posted that and he is a connected guy, not a made up guy but definitely connected. The only thing that doesn't stack up is the figure, £125m seems ridiculously low.

20 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Pinch of salt and all that (and was posted just after the pubs kicked out) but...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/280254/premier-league-approve-saints-takeover/#8

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I know the guy who posted that and he is a connected guy, not a made up guy but definitely connected. The only thing that doesn't stack up is the figure, £125m seems ridiculously low.

Great little takeover rumour.  If true, Gao REALLY needed the money.

• Like 2

Just now, CB Fry said:

Feels unlikely that any Premier League club would be sold for not a lot more than one years worth of TV money. 

Agreed. Maybe part of the deal was to wipe out all debt. Which would be amazing given we've got a truck load of it. 

• Like 4

Clinging to hope that this is true, AND that Semmens various comments about making sure it is the 'right' buyer (not just any buyer) are watertight.

The current structure and business model, backed by sensible owners who will invest (and support the existing leadership team) would be a very nice Christmas pressie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wade Garrett said:

What are the chances of it being RedBull or Jim Ratcliffe and not some American hedge fund?

RedBull, or Ratcliffe/Ineos are at one extreme that I'd hope for, the opposite end of the spectrum though is a Barry the Briefcase/Mickey Fialka type consortium.

Probably somewhere in between the 'truth' (it all lies), hope its not a US Hedge Fund.

27 minutes ago, iansums said:

Good to come on here and actually find some real takeover news as opposed to the pathetic bickering, even if is the source is another Saints forum.

Better quality of bickering on here though as opposed to other boards ...

But it does get on your tits after a while.

(Beware of someone telling you it's not "news" only a rumour  posted, but it does make for more interesting reading).

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I'm not counting any Chickens yet, but IF this proves to be true then I'm wanting some serious climbdown from you in particular :)

You'll be lucky, Turkish would need a bloody parachute to get off his horse safely ffs...!

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Sorry to go off topic, but that was the best Superman film made.

Its going to be Scudamore and Billy Beane I reckon.

It was, 3 was a let down and 4 was just weird with nuclear man. None of the new ones come close although Lois Lane is fitter 

Edited by Turkish

4 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

My money is on the group that Scudamore is involved with.

Reading up the Athletic piece on them, it would seem that they are a good fit with us. Their Moneyball approach and emphasis on youth would fit nicely. They need to spend their dosh before next August and with £440 million in the bank would have enough for is to invest wisely.

We could do better than them .... but there are an awful lot of potential investors who would be  a lot worse.

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Some impressive CVs for their board members...

https://redballac.com/

I remember reading about this group in the athletic (I just checked and it was from August 2020). 

The article states they had 2 years to close a deal. 

Interesting that Dan Sheldon said the interested parties have been around for a while, plus @hypochondriac mentioning US interest…

It’s probably not them, but interesting.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Some impressive CVs for their board members...

https://redballac.com/

Billy Beane, the man who invented Moneyball. Now if we could just get Paul Mitchell back what a combination that would be. But for that to happen we'd need Red Ball to merge with Red Bull.  Yeh, it's probably going to be DaGrosa, DaFaka or some other chancer, isn't it, and we'll just end up with a Red Bill.

Seriously though, I'm feeling optimistic about this takeover, especially as it looks like it's timed to happen just before the January transfer window opens. As for Paul Mitchell, good as he is, he doesn't stick around very long anywhere, does he? I'm not sure why he left Red Bull for Monaco but I guess it was for more money.

Edited by Nordic Saint
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

Billy Beane, the man who invented Moneyball. Now if we could just get Paul Mitchell back what a combination that would be. But for that to happen we'd need Red Ball to merge with Red Bull.  Yeh, it's probably going to be DaGrosa, DaFaka or some other chancer, isn't it, and we'll just end up with a big Red Bill.

Mitchell is at Monaco now, not RB. We did actually try getting him back a few years ago, I think. 

But agree I think it’ll be that DaGrosa mob.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dman said:

Mitchell is at Monaco now, not RB. We did actually try getting him back a few years ago, I think. 

But agree I think it’ll be that DaGrosa mob.

The natural pessimist in me for SFC says Da Grosa and co but the reason it might not be is that if completion is basically there with an announcement before the transfer window opens, is that I couldn’t imagine it not being all over the media in primary colours by now if he was involved. I’ll cling onto Red Ball and Scudamore and that prospect for now as it’s Christmas 🎄