Sport Republic

Dusic

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

health care pie GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

The point you have missed is not whether or not FT was talking bollocks, it was that you feel that you are so important that your endorsement should make a difference. The credit goes to FT for getting it right, not to you for backing him up. The important thing here is the news, not your attempt to make it all about you again.

• Like 5

Just now, sadoldgit said:

The point you have missed is not whether or not FT was talking bollocks, it was that you feel that you are so important that your endorsement should make a difference. The credit goes to FT for getting it right, not to you for backing him up. The important thing here is the news, not your attempt to make it all about you again.

Truth Tru GIF

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Good point, well made

And now all the incestuous newshounds will start quoting each other regarding a rumour probably started during a drunken session by the UI.

It's not how rich he is but whether he can convince the banks and is doing a leveraged purchase financed by mortgaging the club at some extortionate rate.

I know some people firmly believe that anyone would be better than Gao but the one thing you can say for him is he let the management team work without interference. I hope this takeover is good for us - saints fans don't want ridiculous investment, just a player or two to start to bridge the gap to where we were - but if that doesn't come or does and comes with a bloke who thinks he can run it himself...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Oh do fuck off you utter prick. 

the fact that you even think me saying and FT is a reliable source of information was some attempt at me to show how important I am sums up what an utter bellend you are

forgotten I’m on ignore again then?

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

crikey - Simon Peach retweeted
Revealed: The Premier League club
Southampton FC is close to being sold to
Dragan Solak, a Serbian-born
businessman behind cable-TV operator
United Group, according to my sources.
understand he is paying about £100m to
buy the Saints from Gao Jisheng, who
took control in 2017.

Just now, Turkish said:

Oh do fuck off you utter prick. 

the fact that you think me saying and FT is a reliable source of information was some attempt at me to show how important I am sums up what an utter bellend you are

forgotten I’m on ignore again then?

Thought you get ultra pissy if anyone gets personal or sweary at you. You seem to always call it out.

You called him a prick the other day. At least be consistent on this. 

To be fair to everyone that was speaking about 29/30th announcement, I think they were pretty much spot on - out by a day or two, who cares!

I'm glad that this awful 4 years is finally about to end. I do like the quietness of all this, it shows that they're not charlatans and aren't looking to get their name out there - looks like it was a very thorough bit of due diligence done by both sides. Reminds me of the ML deal if I'm honest, just comes out of no where and puts the likes of Da Grosa into the distance.

£100m is crazy though. There must be some sort of deal struck there with regards to our substantial debt.

Hopefully 2022 is the start of a bright new era and ownership who are engaged and invested in the club.

• Like 10

Just now, ErwinK1961 said:

Major concern for me is where does this leave Semmens? Hope there’s a place for him in the setup long term.

I don't think any of that will change if i'm honest. I can see the likes of Steele, Martin and Matt all staying in place with the same structure. They've been driving the takeover talks (Martin in particular) so I don't see that he'd be driving himself out.

• Like 3

Just now, S-Clarke said:

I don't think any of that will change if i'm honest. I can see the likes of Steele, Martin and Matt all staying in place with the same structure. They've been driving the takeover talks (Martin in particular) so I don't see that he'd be driving himself out.

Yep, all of them will stay I reckon with the Brentford guy heading it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Hopefully Semmens will stay but if he's been tasked by Gao to sell the club, he'll do that and take a nice payoff if he has to leave

Just now, ant said:

Dreaming, but it'd be pretty fucking funny if we out-spent Newcastle prior to the postponed match.

They were all sarcastically posting on twitter in response to the postponement how unfair it was that we would be able to have new signings in place for the rearranged game.

Just now, ant said:

Dreaming, but it'd be pretty fucking funny if we out-spent Newcastle prior to the postponed match.

Let's just go after all of their transfer targets: not to actually buy them, just to delay them until 31st.

Unreal news, but sadly I'm not informed enough to be able to make a judgement as of yet.

Can only hope along with everyone else here that this goes well.

My only observation though is £100m seems so cheap in the grand scheme of things, how desperate was Gao in the end?! I wonder if there were other suitors at that price and also whether it was Semmens or Katarina who authorised this sale.

I just hope whoever did the due diligence did it well, I have doubts over the Premier Leagues "fit and proper persons test".

• Like 1