Saints vs Sheff Utd - Match & Reaction Thread

Lighthouse

Man of the Match v Sheffield United  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match against Sheffield United?

• Alex McCarthy
    • Kyle Walker-Peters
    • Jan Bednarek
    • Jannik Vestergaard
    • Ryan Bertrand
    • Oriol Romeu
    • James Ward-Prowse
    • Stuart Armstrong
    • Theo Walcott
    • Danny Ings
    • Che Adams
    • Nathan Redmond
    • Ibrahima Diallo
    • Dan N'Lundulu

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/12/20 at 12:00

11 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Wonder why he got the gig, can’t think. 

Perhaps because, this faux pas aside (which he acknowledged and joked about), he's clearly more intelligent than your average ex-player, is usually very knowledgeable and insightful, and is actually one of the better pundits around these days.

But yeah, if it makes you happy then you keep telling yourself he's only there because of some leftie, liberal 'woke' agenda, you monumental bellend.

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Like 14

10 hours ago, egg said:

She's been decent.Talks a lot of sense. Jenas is crap though. 

Jenas is usually un-offensive, but that gaff just demonstrates inattention and not doing your job properly.

Scott's comments seemed relevant and informed. Did her homework.

I have no interest in the shape/colour/gender/religion/diet/shoe size of any commentator or pundit. But a little knowledge about the game helps.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, steve green said:

Sheff U fans not happy about this 'disrespect'. Describe it as trolling. Never mind.

If I was a Blades fan I'd be more 'not happy' about the fact that it's accurate. I guess if the boot was on the other foot I wouldn't like it either but that's life.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Working yesterday so sat down watching the game now. McBurnie trying twice to rattle or injure Bednarek by going in late and then injuring himself during a dive is possibly the funniest thing I've seen on a pitch since Jim Joyce pulled his hammy at Home Park.

Probably annoyed because his socks had shrunk in the wash.

9 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

So why was he so disappointing for us? 

It's a weird one alright. I struggle to think of any games for us where he really shone. No lack of effort, and he was very good at winning the ball back, but he never managed to do anything with it once he had because his passing was always so poor. 

I was very happy to see him go for the fee we got for him.

10 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

No lack of effort, and he was very good at winning the ball back, but he never managed to do anything with it once he had because his passing was always so poor. 

Usually after he lost the ball in the 1st place by passing to the opponents.

30 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

It's a weird one alright. I struggle to think of any games for us where he really shone. No lack of effort, and he was very good at winning the ball back, but he never managed to do anything with it once he had because his passing was always so poor. 

Because for us he was expected to take on some responsibility in terms of attacking - if you watch him for Spurs he doesn’t have to. Win the ball, give it to N’Dombele/Kane/Son. When he is in possession he’s normally not being pressed because they’re playing inferior teams who are wary of conceding, therefore more time and space to find your pass. He’s playing a totally different game - Spurs were desperate for a player who could do that job, we needed a player who could pass in tight spaces and move forward. It’s worked for both, KWP has been fantastic for us.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DT said:

I'm so enjoying watching Saints at the moment. Vestergard seems to be hugely influential in this set up, and resembles VVD at times. We should tie him down as much as we can to avoid Liverpool or Spurs coming in for him and ruining the party. Hope he's happy at Saints. He's immense. What a turnaround!

Just before the game when the players were getting ready to huddle or just after - he seemed very vocal, not in the joviality of “what’s for tea” way, but pumping up positivity way.

2 hours ago, steve green said:

Jenas is usually un-offensive, but that gaff just demonstrates inattention and not doing your job properly.

Scott's comments seemed relevant and informed. Did her homework.

I have no interest in the shape/colour/gender/religion/diet/shoe size of any commentator or pundit. But a little knowledge about the game helps.

He was probably bambozled by how a trainer wearing footballer like Scott could manage to walk in the heels she had on last night! 
.........and at the same time wonder who the dickens he will be talking to on The One Show this week - He spoke to Dolly Parton the other week with a face that said - “how the hell have I managed to find my way here on prime time BBC1 talking to Dolly Parton”?!

Worse things happen at sea!

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

I quite like Jenas, I'll let him off, he held his hand up after the next game!

Never mind Jenas. I was appalled with Souness and Micah going on at lengthabout SU's plight and never  mentioned how brilliant Saints were.

Curse Amazon Prime bagging next 2 games

18 hours ago, Suhari said:

Are we still going to sell him to Leicester?

imagine if we had and then he started turning in these performances. What were people happy to take for him ? 

How does RH turn fossilised turds into Gems? obviously its got to help that everyone buys into his ideas and then confidence breeds improvement. Lookign through the team the list endless of players jumping levels, Ings, ward prowse, vestergaard, KWP , Romeo, bednarek, Adams. Thats 7 players that look like top 6 players. Avoid injuries and we could be looking at something special this year. 

35 years Ive had a season ticket and fuck me we are going to miss most of it due to covid. what a bitch

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Totton Saint said:

Never mind Jenas. I was appalled with Souness and Micah going on at lengthabout SU's plight and never  mentioned how brilliant Saints were.

Curse Amazon Prime bagging next 2 games

Why? If you have not had a Prime subscription before then a 30 day ‘trial’ is usually available.

IMO, Prime is the best (legal) streaming option as it is by far the cheapest (£7.99 / month) and in some cases even free.

9 minutes ago, Spitz said:

Why? If you have not had a Prime subscription before then a 30 day ‘trial’ is usually available.

IMO, Prime is the best (legal) streaming option as it is by far the cheapest (£7.99 / month) and in some cases even free.

The Times this morning says that Amazon Prime and Sky have agreed to share general content.  I don't know when this starts.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

51 minutes ago, Spitz said:

My wife signed up to Prime's free monthly trial a few years ago then forgot to cancel the subscription and she started paying for it. 🙈 It was a happy accident really as we use Prime free delivery a lot and there's always content on Prime (films, tv and even kiddy shows for my daughter) that isn't on Sky, which we also have. I also have the Prime app which I use for work when it's quiet. It's not badly priced if you use it a lot.

The free month is good, just remember to cancel your subscription when you're finished with it if you don't want it to continue.

22 minutes ago, Chocolate Box said:

Being somewhat non tech savvy I'm still not sure what that all means. I do not subscribe to any of them. I just get a Now TV day pass ad hoc.

Me neither... I use the Now TV app rather than a Now TV 'device'... The article talks about the Now TV device so suggests it doesn't apply to people like you and I that just access Now TV via the app? Who knows?! 

(Doesn't affect me anyway as I just set up a new 30 day trial account for Amazon whenever I need free next day postage or to watch anything on Prime)

Edited by trousers

Either I am, or others are misunderstanding. My understand is this. I used to have to use a fire stick to watch Amazon prime as the app wasn’t on the Virgin platform. That changed and I could watch prime via the virgin box, but still had to subscribe to prime.

I’d imagine that’s what’s happened with sky. You can access prime via your sky box, but have to be a subscriber. Apologies if wrong, but that’s how I read it. 

26 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Either I am, or others are misunderstanding. My understand is this. I used to have to use a fire stick to watch Amazon prime as the app wasn’t on the Virgin platform. That changed and I could watch prime via the virgin box, but still had to subscribe to prime.

I’d imagine that’s what’s happened with sky. You can access prime via your sky box, but have to be a subscriber. Apologies if wrong, but that’s how I read it. 

I tried my Firestick last night (no laughing there at the back) but couldn’t see anything about Now TV or Sky programmes on it.

I also have Virgin TiVo so I’ll have a look at that later.

On 14/12/2020 at 12:13, Whitey Grandad said:

So why was he so disappointing for us? 

We ask for a lot of different dimensions from our midfielders - look at how rounded Ward-Prowse has become, for one. Hojbjerg is insanely good at turning over possession - probably the best in the entire division. But such a limited player beyond that.

It was a moneyball signing for Spurs, as they're asking him to almost single-purposedly fulfill that role - permitting far more freedom to the rest of their midfield. I guess it's not dissimilar to when we had Schneiderlin and Wanyama as enforcers (albeit Morgan became more of a box-to-box player with time).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Exactly right. Just like watching Netflix on Sky - you need to have Netflix (or in this case Prime) subscription to set up the app on Sky the first time you watch it. My problem is I cannot get it outside the UK - even with VPN. I can get iPlayer via VPN but obviously Amazon are smarter. Bummer really as I don't mind paying

On 14/12/2020 at 10:39, Sheaf Saint said:

Perhaps because, this faux pas aside (which he acknowledged and joked about), he's clearly more intelligent than your average ex-player, is usually very knowledgeable and insightful, and is actually one of the better pundits around these days.

But yeah, if it makes you happy then you keep telling yourself he's only there because of some leftie, liberal 'woke' agenda, you monumental bellend.

A popular post. I love to see it.