Everton vs Saints - Match Thread

Chapel End

Just now, S-Clarke said:

I'd love to understand more about our 'closing of facilities/reduced access', as that seems incredibly dumb to me.

it must just be Saints, Liverpool and Sheffield United who did this, everyone else is much of a muchness (it seems)

DAZN going over all Saints defending. Absolutely shocking to be at this stage of the season and so clueless. Bednarek needs to sit out. His confidence is shattered and he’s out of position. It’s a total shitshow every time they go down our right.

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Good point.  Ralph did cry when we did a Burnley and beat Liverpool, that must mean he is safe from proper criticism for a few more weeks

Critisise away mate but be careful what you wish for. 

Were you moaning about him earlier in the season.... nah thought not

He isnt flawless but hes the best we are gonna get without a sultan with loose pockets 

• Like 3

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

DAZN going over all Saints defending. Absolutely shocking to be at this stage of the season and so clueless. Bednarek needs to sit out. His confidence is shattered and he’s out of position. It’s a total shitshow every time they go down our right.

We've broken up a decent partnership tbf. Jan is not a right back, he looks so uncomfortable. Unsure how to defend, unsure how to attack. 

Salisu isn't winning anything against DCL either, which isn't helping. This game will teach him a lot about PL strikers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

To be fair, JWP has been pretty tidy in possession and playing that role as he is supposed to. He's not in the team to be an attacking/creative midfielder. But he's kept us moving quickly when he's had the chance to.

If his role is to play safe, sideways and backward, whilst winning fuck all tackles, he’s doing it well. 

Just now, Saint_clark said:

All depends doesn't it. We might win the FA cup and then you'd have to give him next season as well.

Win the FA cup on this evidence? 😂 I'll have what your on 

3 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Literally cant believe our free kick setup. Zonal marking the 18 yard line it appears. You have to compete and make it difficult for the opposition, not hope for some luck. If Everton could time their runs better it would game over.

Absolutely. Very amateur and easy to play against. 

33 minutes ago, egg said:

I can normally find some positives about Redmond, but he's having a shocker. 

I also think he gets unwarranted criticism but tonight he's earned all the criticism he's getting, even if I don't agree with some of the language.

Everton are really targeting Bednarek, he looks so awkward there.

• Like 3