Everton vs Saints - Match Thread

Chapel End

This tactic of not bothering to defend free kicks and hope for an offside is an absolutely shit show. I've said it all season, its pure luck that we have not conceded a hatful of goals. We have three centre backs in the side. Why do we need to gamble in this way. Defend properly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

That’s why I wouldn’t be giving Bertrand a new deal. Should have been steaming down to the touch line there but plays a half-arsed cross from 25 yards infield instead.

Exactly he’s shot. In his mind he thinks, “won’t burst a lung, I’ll have to run back, I’ll just boot it from here just in case I fuck it up”.

Just now, whiteleySaint30 said:

Guve the man a break, Feel for him having to play there, shocking strategy from the board has caused this. 

Wasn't a criticism of Bednarek, he's massively improved for us at centreback but cannot fill in at right back end of.

2 minutes ago, Viking Saint said:

No, cos we have zero open play goalscoring threat without him, not that that's saying much

This he is likely to score when one on one, possibly the only player likely to at the moment other than maybe Armstrong 

3 minutes ago, Viking Saint said:

No, cos we have zero open play goalscoring threat without him, not that that's saying much

I understand what you are saying but I’d rather see someone on the pitch playing for the name on the front on the shirt rather than on the back. 

• Like 1

Just now, whiteleySaint30 said:

Likewise, ramsey is not good enough at the moment, at least bednarek has premier league experience. 

We don't really know that though do we? He's good enough that we were happy to loan Valery out and have Ramsey on the bench instead.

1 minute ago, jawillwill said:

Saint Clark will be along in a minute to claim that should have been a penalty for Saints and an Everton red card.

Strictly speaking according to the daft new laws that was denial of a clear goal scoring chance by not playing the ball - a pen and a red card. But to be fair those should never be given as they are a joke. Although Che may have been offside...

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

That’s why I wouldn’t be giving Bertrand a new deal. Should have been steaming down to the touch line there but plays a half-arsed cross from 25 yards infield instead.

He’s been really off the pace for weeks. We’ve had better spell but still zero goal threat and loose passes at the back plus poor marking. Liking Djenepo’s endeavor though. And feel more confident with Forster in goal. Plus his distribution has been better. But Bednarek looks like a fish out of water. And Redmond is a disaster. 

Just now, StrangelyBrown said:

Strictly speaking according to the daft new laws that was denial of a clear goal scoring chance by not playing the ball - a pen and a red card. But to be fair those should never be given as they are a joke. Although Che may have been offside...

Everton were given a penalty for a very similar incident at Anfield last week.