Liverpool 2-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Just now, Turkish said:

I really like the look of Tella, final ball lacking but has got something about him 

Agree. Raw, very raw, but looks like a prospect. 

He does have a hint of Sims about him, let’s hope he kicks on. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Addison was right on top of him, best option was probably to hit it hard and low hope it went though his legs but was far from an easy chance. 

Correct.  Easy to say from the sofa, but a low shot seemed the only option.  Chipping the keeper wasn't on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

I really like the look of Tella, final ball lacking but has got something about him 

Yep. Just missing that little bit of composure and decision making. He's got pace though, a bit of strength, a few tricks. He's got a chance that's for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

If he is regularly missing chances then why do you think he should be scoring there?

An on form Ings would likely have tucked it away, but Che’s not Ings nor confident.

Fair point, to be honest i come to expect him to miss. He’s just not good enough in front of goal, which is my issue with him. 

FWIW I really like his play up until the 18 yard box, but I don’t think we’re good enough to have a striker who regularly misses so many expected chances. 

2 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

He reminds of me of Josh Sims style of play. Direct and fast. Hopefully he works out better.

Sims always looked a bit too small and weak to me. He had a few good games off the bench but when he started he struggled. Tella is stronger and has an impact when he starts 

1 minute ago, egg said:

Yep. Just missing that little bit of composure and decision making. He's got pace though, a bit of strength, a few tricks. He's got a chance that's for sure. 

He’s arguably on par with Theo in terms of composure and decision making. I’d rather us give Tella a go then Theo. 

8 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

He has played more minutes than any other southampton player in the last 4 seasons and has scored 18 goals. 

But today he's played pretty well so far... Giving someone pelters for playing badly in a different game is a bit bizarre...

2 minutes ago, StrangelyBrown said:

But today he's played pretty well so far... Giving someone pelters for playing badly in a different game is a bit bizarre...

if we are talking about Redmond, he's had a decent game. Made a lot of good decisions and has given the ball away much. He's pushing into the space...he just knows he doesnt have the pace to beat the fullback.

• Like 1

Just now, Chez said:

KWP having a decent game. Not sure if he could have done more for the goal, but he's been very good on the ball. Back to where he was at teh start of the season.

kiss of death as he gives it away very badly.

Just now, Saint_clark said:

And the first yellow of the game goes to saints for our first "bookable" offence. Unreal.

In fairness, he stopped a counter attack. It was a yellow 

1 minute ago, Chez said:

not a fan, so Djenepo for me.

I can’t make my mind up with him. I think he has the raw ability to be something, but I don’t know if he has the mental side or drive. 

Big season for him next year I expect.